Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2023 Acura Integra (production specs and photos revealed post #150)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-21, 08:15 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
tlx only "physically larger" because of a 3 foot front overhang
LOL. Its packaged very badly. 5 series on the outside, 3 series on the inside

At least it looks good and handles well. Unfortunately, its the slowest in the class. I think this Integra becomes way more interesting if they put in the Type R badge and give it the 2L turbo engine with the higher tuning like the CTR. Type R in a suit please
Old 10-20-21, 09:07 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I think this Integra becomes way more interesting if they put in the Type R badge and give it the 2L turbo engine with the higher tuning like the CTR. Type R in a suit please
TLX Type S has already been ganged up on by every other vehicle in its class and now you want the Integra to join in the pounding too?

In all seriousness, if the Integra is both more spacious and faster than the TLX's most powerful trim, it will give even Acura loyalists no reason to buy the TLX.
Old 10-20-21, 09:17 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
TLX Type S has already been ganged up on by every other vehicle in its class and now you want the Integra to join in the pounding too?

In all seriousness, if the Integra is both more spacious and faster than the TLX's most powerful trim, it will give even Acura loyalists no reason to buy the TLX.
Even the CTR is currently slower than the TLX Type S. Its more about handling than straight-line for the CTR. I would imagine the Integra would be lower simply due to weight so a a Type R may work with the Integra. Of course they have to price this aggressively or it just won't work.
Old 10-20-21, 09:22 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EZZ
Even the CTR is currently slower than the TLX Type S. Its more about handling than straight-line for the CTR. I would imagine the Integra would be lower simply due to weight so a a Type R may work with the Integra. Of course they have to price this aggressively or it just won't work.
I bet the new Civic Type R will be a fair bit faster than the current one. Even then, the current CTR is only slower because it's a manual. Put in an automatic and it would definitely leave the TLX in the dust. A Veloster N with a DCT can outrun the current CTR even though it has less power, solely because of the transmission.
Old 10-20-21, 10:35 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 302 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Same for the Civic hatchback? Because the Integra they are promoting is a hatchback, which will have more interior usability than a sedan.
I was comparing sedan to sedan, since the Integra will be available both ways, and it was being compared to the Accord and TLX which are both sedans.

The Civic hatchback has 3.9 cubic feet more passenger space than the Civic Sedan, so about 6 cuft less than the Accord sedan. Trunk capacity is about a half cuft less than the sedan, so 4 cuft less than the Accord sedan.

That translates into an Integra hatchback that likely has about 6.5 cuft more passenger space than the "larger" TLX, with a trunk almost exactly the same size.
Old 11-11-21, 10:31 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great review of the ITR. In retrospect, in think the 90ies were the last great car era, before the tech infestation.

Old 11-11-21, 11:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,458 Likes on 1,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
In retrospect, in think the 90ies were the last great car era, before the tech infestation.
here we go again, geezer misses the good old days.
Old 11-11-21, 11:25 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I do think the late 90s especially was a fun time for cars. I consider the early/mid 2000s to be a bit of a dark period due to all the half-baked technology (especially in German cars) and then things got on better footing again by the end of the decade.
Old 11-11-21, 02:55 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
That's like saying people aren't going to want to move up in size to an Accord from a Civic.
I'll say precisely that. If you look at their respective sales figures over the past decade, the Civic has gone up in sales with its largest-ever editions and the Accord has gone down. I recently spent parts of several days as a back-seat passenger in a late-model Civic and exclaimed, "There's more than enough room in this car. I'll bet a lot of people get into a Honda showroom intending to buy an Accord, see that the Civic has more than enough room in the back seat and trunk, and say 'Why pay more?'"

I know it's been reported that the TLX is a "bespoke" platform, but as an Acura sedan owner I take that with a ton of salt. They did stretch the area behind the engine to give the car a pointless prestige gap, and they stiffened it up some, but that is not "a bespoke platform" no matter what their marketing manager said. If it's so "bespoke," why's it still FWD-based when that doesn't fit the misson of the car? Because Honda is still flogging its FWD tooling to create low-development-cost Acuras, that's why. That's been their business model since the 1980s, and it's not about to change now.
Old 11-11-21, 05:47 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 302 Likes on 232 Posts

Watched the unveiling...all 7 minutes of it. Yawn. Confirmed there's no Type R version. Sole engine is a 1.5L, no word on whether it's the standard Civic/Accord mill or the slightly uprated Si version. Back end looks like the old Genesis Coupe.
Old 11-11-21, 05:55 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Amazing marketing. Just precision
Old 11-11-21, 07:43 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Meh! Underwhelming.
Old 11-11-21, 10:14 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Acura marketing hyping up a product that turns out to be totally underwhelming? Isn't that a first.

They're also making claims that this "won't replace the ILX" which is pretty funny.
Old 11-12-21, 12:32 AM
gor134
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that was an utter disappointment! I expected TLX style around a smaller, sharper body, yet this somehow looks fatter and more bloated? And the 19" wheels are not helping to hide the visual weight at all.
Old 11-12-21, 01:11 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Ah, so that's where the geniuses at Acura's marketing department came from...

Quick Reply: 2023 Acura Integra (production specs and photos revealed post #150)