Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-21, 03:24 PM
gor134
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm dead.. we just discussed this earlier in the thread. There is no LQ coming.
Old 09-13-21, 03:44 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gor134
I'm dead.. we just discussed this earlier in the thread. There is no LQ coming.
Exactly LOL, but . It's why I made the elaborate comment I did earlier on, but as the saying goes for some people "you do you" and like you gor, I will just keep it moving.

Like a few of us here, I do this because US automotive media is terribly indifferent towards Lexus and often give out conflicting info. They play obtuse, missing obvious clues out there or outright focus on fluff. They are not very investigative.

Other than a quality YouTube vlog, forums are the best way to correct misinformation or spread the word about what to expect.

I learned the hard way back at the 2012 reveal of LF-LC Concept and got ignored when I showed them a leaked shot of 2014 IS, taken in December 2011. It was part of a private Lexus brand wide teaser, redacted from YouTube NAIAS feed. Since then, it is obvious there is a double standard when it comes to reporting on Japanese cars.

We really can't rely on US automotive media, that are only interested in freebies from Toyota and never care to exercise due diligence, when it comes to reporting on present and future Lexus products.

So if what myself and others are saying about LQ isn't being heard, well everyone is entitled to their perspective I guess and I only can keep it moving LOL.
Old 09-13-21, 03:46 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Some just want their dreams to come true lol.
Old 09-13-21, 03:50 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Some just want their dreams to come true lol.
The idea of Toyota abandoning V8's is just too much to bear for some I suppose. But the auto industry waits for no one.
Old 09-13-21, 03:54 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Carmaker1
Actually, I don't what Lexus is planning for that, but it sounds like an LC 500 F-Sport Performance is coming, which explains no more LCF.
Funny enough when the IS500 was first teased, most people on this board (myself included) thought it would end up being for an LC500 F-Sport. Good to know that isn't off the table, though obviously no TTV8 lol.
Old 09-16-21, 12:02 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

I somehow had confidence, it would be IS 500. LC 500 F Sport Performance just might be LCF-light. I just was so puzzled IS 500 was a V8, then it all started making sense at reveal. The V35A-FTS is a TNGA engine and not compatible with anything older in basis.

Last edited by Carmaker1; 09-17-21 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-17-21, 10:58 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by signdetres
Disagree. I drove this LX pictured below and was very unimpressed with the power (as well as the braking ability combined with extreme amounts of brake/nose dive). For nearly $100,000, it felt very slow and was an exercise in patience getting up to 60. I just watched a video review of a 21 LX and the reviewer basically mentioned the same thing about it being slow and underpowered. Getting back into my (now past) '18 GS350 F-Sport made it feel like a Tesla after driving the LX.
All cars are made for different purposes. Why would you compare LX to GS? Even comparing the X5M (another 100k car) to GS is ridiculous. Btw how much faster do you think the GS350 is than the LX?
Old 09-17-21, 11:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

And think of all the things the LX can do the GS can't do, its just not comparable.
Old 09-18-21, 06:00 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
All cars are made for different purposes. Why would you compare LX to GS? Even comparing the X5M (another 100k car) to GS is ridiculous. Btw how much faster do you think the GS350 is than the LX?
I compared the two cars as they're from the same automaker and I had them side by side ready & available to drive. My GS for the price drove and did things amazingly well. It set my expectations for how other Lexus vehicles drive very highly, especially ones that are nearly double the price. I was looking forward to sampling more of their models and drove an LX, which left me very disappointed. I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings.

Yes, all cars are made for different purposes. Current LX is a dated body on frame vehicle built to handle extreme towing and off-roading, I get it.

Since you'd now like to compare the speed between the LX and GS, in real world driving around town, driving the GS350 back-to-back with the LX shows the GS is significantly faster than the LX. Don't know or care what the difference is on paper.
I would not compare an X5M to the GS. It is pretty ridiculous but you're the one who suggested it. Other $100,000 "flagship" SUVs drive more car-like and are less laborious to drive than the LX.
Old 09-18-21, 06:08 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
And think of all the things the LX can do the GS can't do, its just not comparable.
GS might not be able to tow or go off-road, but both vehicles can be driven down the road. That is what I was comparing. At the end of the day, cars drive. How cars drive is 100% comparable whether it's a Ford or a Ferrari. Does it always make sense to compare them? Probably not. But they can be compared 100%.

Btw, I towed a fully loaded 6x12 trailer with my GS 2,000 miles across the US and it performed wonderfully.

Old 09-18-21, 08:00 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

I compared the two cars as they're from the same automaker and I had them side by side ready & available to drive. My GS for the price drove and did things amazingly well. It set my expectations for how other Lexus vehicles drive very highly, especially ones that are nearly double the price. I was looking forward to sampling more of their models and drove an LX, which left me very disappointed. I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings.
Doesn't hurt anybody's feelings...but it doesn't make any sense. The two vehicles are completely different, and yes they come from the same manufacturer but that doesn't mean anything. Would you complain that a Tacoma truck doesnt drive like a Supra? Because they come from the same manufacturer.

You would be disappointed in any large SUV if you expected it to drive anything like your GS.

Other $100,000 "flagship" SUVs drive more car-like and are less laborious to drive than the LX.
That is absolutely true, but this is an all new 2022 LX we're talking about which should close that gap.
Old 09-18-21, 08:42 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

GS might not be able to tow or go off-road, but both vehicles can be driven down the road. That is what I was comparing. At the end of the day, cars drive. How cars drive is 100% comparable whether it's a Ford or a Ferrari. Does it always make sense to compare them? Probably not. But they can be compared 100%.
Btw, I towed a fully loaded 6x12 trailer with my GS 2,000 miles across the US and it performed wonderfully.
Certain things can but that doesn't mean they're made for. A beetle can do that too. Wait until you pass an 18 wheel truck, go down hill or up hill for a long distance with that set up. But I guess you would say it performs wonderfully because you don't know how the LX handles in such cases. You can compare as much as you want and feel good about it.

Yes, all cars are made for different purposes. Current LX is a dated body on frame vehicle built to handle extreme towing and off-roading, I get it.
Since you'd now like to compare the speed between the LX and GS, in real world driving around town, driving the GS350 back-to-back with the LX shows the GS is significantly faster than the LX. Don't know or care what the difference is on paper. I would not compare an X5M to the GS. It is pretty ridiculous but you're the one who suggested it. Other $100,000 "flagship" SUVs drive more car-like and are less laborious to drive than the LX.
Did you just conflict yourself? If you would not compare a X5M to the GS, why does it make any sense to compare LX to GS? Would it make sense to compare a Tundra to a Camry or Avalon? You expected 100k LX to be fast for its price. So I gave you another 100k larger vehicle. The difference in speed between an LX and GS is about the same as a GS and X5M. Both comparisons are lame. If you had an X7 or GLS and said LX were outdated and slow, it would make sense. And Lexus know this and hopefully the 2022 will catch up. But complaining LX from a GS viewpoint? LX owners look for things that GS owners don't. It's more than just towing and off road. I have no reason to be butt hurt. Just found your comparison odd. I had two 4th Gen GS. So I know that car well. It's a great car for the value and what it's made for. Maybe a better comparison is the grilles on the 4th gen GS.
Old 09-18-21, 11:25 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

LX vs GS isn't a competition. I also wouldn't make it a habit of towing with a car, just me.

Yes, GS will be faster. LX isn't a slouch though, at least the ones with the 6 speed auto.
Old 09-18-21, 01:09 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

More importantly, what is the new LX truly bringing to the table? The 4-Seater VIP version will rival the unibody Maybach GLS 600 and BMW X8. Will that be even be sold in the United States?

Secondly, for some reason Lexus will not be offering an Escalade ESV and Lincoln Navigator L alternative for the time being. At best, the LX will almost match the size of the QX80 and SWB American FSUVs.

I always thought those Sequoia-based LX claims, were stupid and unfounded rumors. I am not exempt from making mistakes and providing erroneous insight, but that was one I refused to touch, as it just wasn't realistic and was simply, American dealers beginning for an XL-sized LX.

Not confirmed fact.

TX is just not going to do it as a FWD basis unibody and is essentially a reskinned RX LWB, with practical roofline and third row.
Old 09-18-21, 01:13 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Carmaker1
More importantly, what is the new LX truly bringing to the table? The 4-Seater VIP version will rival the unibody Maybach GLS 600 and BMW X8. Will that be even be sold in the United States?

Secondly, for some reason Lexus will not be offering an Escalade ESV and Lincoln Navigator L alternative for the time being. At best, the LX will almost match the size of the QX80 and SWB American FSUVs.

I always thought those Sequoia-based LX claims, were stupid and unfounded rumors. I am not exempt from making mistakes and providing erroneous insight, but that was one I refused to touch, as it just wasn't realistic and was simply, American dealers beginning for an XL-sized LX.

Not confirmed fact.

TX is just not going to do it as a FWD basis unibody and is essentially a reskinned RX LWB, with practical roofline and third row.
I think LX will be a nicer Land Cruiser, same as always. Same platform.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)