Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-21, 03:51 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

Hate the script.

But who says Lexus is abandoning the “L” logo??

Lexus logo is prestigious, definitely. Not quite like MB star but up there.

I’m sure the front will have the “L”.

I absolutely love the fact that they kept the same formula, using the Land Cruiser platform and keeping it a true capable truck for the new LX. Bravvvvvo. I might want one of these one day.
Old 10-08-21, 04:51 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
Hate the script.

But who says Lexus is abandoning the “L” logo??

Lexus logo is prestigious, definitely. Not quite like MB star but up there.

I’m sure the front will have the “L”.
If Mercedes-Benz starts to lose sales…and the trend is script….they would switch it up as well
Old 10-08-21, 05:35 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I also don’t like the print because it’s not the standard “Lexus” script either which is also classy and known. This below never needs to change, ever.

Old 10-08-21, 05:38 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Old 10-08-21, 09:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
If Mercedes-Benz starts to lose sales…and the trend is script….they would switch it up as well
Mercedes would never make such a change. They just don’t succumb to this type of fad design, they don’t have to.

And that’s exactly my point, Lexus isn’t losing sales. They don’t have to constantly “reinvent” themselves. They are above that.

To be clear, I don’t think this is a big deal. If I liked this vehicle, this wouldn’t even be a consideration for me and certainly wouldn’t keep me from buying it. I just think this is an example of Lexus selling themselves short.
Old 10-09-21, 05:19 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

To be fair we haven't seen the front yet. But I don't like that script. It should at least be in the proper font they've used since 1989. I agree they are above having to change it and there is no need. Lexus symbol and font has earned its place in the luxury car/truck world, rightfully.
Old 10-09-21, 06:36 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

To be fair we haven't seen the front yet. But I don't like that script. It should at least be in the proper font they've used since 1989. I agree they are above having to change it and there is no need. Lexus symbol and font has earned its place in the luxury car/truck world, rightfully.
Exactly. When the manufacturer doesn't have confidence that their brand is one of the iconic luxury brands, then how can consumers feel that way? They're treating their brand like some design of a taillight or a door handle, and its a huge mistake IMO. The logo on a luxury product is a huge deal.
Old 10-09-21, 06:53 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Exactly. When the manufacturer doesn't have confidence that their brand is one of the iconic luxury brands, then how can consumers feel that way? They're treating their brand like some design of a taillight or a door handle, and its a huge mistake IMO. The logo on a luxury product is a huge deal.
Right, and even if they're doing it because a lot of others are (to be fair), I still don't agree with it. Lexus logo and print is up there, it earned it. Not 3 pointed star prestigious but up there.

Then on the ad you see this new print on the vehicle, and then at the end the regular Lexus logo and the "LEXUS" regular font. ????

Edit: I don't think my LX even has any Lexus font on the exterior, just the LX570 print in back with big front and rear L badges. LS430 has make and model badge, plus L badges. Interesting the original LS400 didn't even have "LS400" on the car.

Last edited by AJT123; 10-09-21 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-09-21, 07:04 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Most people won’t give a crap about the change in badges, script, etc. on their cars as long as the cars are good cars. I just think it’s ridiculous for some manufacturers to continue to make changes where they don’t really need to. It’s like they are making changes for the sake of making changes or trying to capture a different buyer but at the same time alienating another buyer.

I bet this change for Lexus won’t make a bit of difference for a buyer, it just looks desperate. Lexus seems to have an identity crisis as of late and doesn’t really know what they want to be. They want to be less boring and capture the younger audience for the future with some of these styling changes but then continues to keep the same powertrains from 15 years ago.
Old 10-09-21, 07:09 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Then on the ad you see this new print on the vehicle, and then at the end the regular Lexus logo and the "LEXUS" regular font. ????

The driver views the the classic font every single time he starts the car.
Old 10-09-21, 07:11 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by patgilm
Most people won’t give a crap about the change in badges, script, etc. on their cars as long as the cars are good cars. I just think it’s ridiculous for some manufacturers to continue to make changes where they don’t really need to. It’s like they are making changes for the sake of making changes or trying to capture a different buyer but at the same time alienating another buyer.

I bet this change for Lexus won’t make a bit of difference for a buyer, it just looks desperate. Lexus seems to have an identity crisis as of late and doesn’t really know what they want to be. They want to be less boring and capture the younger audience for the future with some of these styling changes but then continues to keep the same powertrains from 15 years ago.
Oh, all this said I'm pretty hyped about the new LX in general. I just can't describe enough how great it is to me that they kept the same formula (LC underneath). I can't wait to see it and read how it drives and feels.
Old 10-09-21, 07:17 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Exactly, I totally agree.
Old 10-09-21, 07:41 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

I think it will make a difference. Although I like the Lexus logo, I really don’t like the font that they use on the dealers. It just looks so 1990. This new look Lexus script on the cars, I like. I think it’s something different. I do think the NX where it debuts will be a massive hit

but then continues to keep the same powertrains from 15 years ago.
What engines are they using from 15 years ago?

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 10-09-21 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-09-21, 07:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You don't "do something different" with your iconic brand. When you do something like this, you show the world that you don't actually think its iconic. They diminish themselves by doing "follow" stuff like this.

Like I said before, people aren't going to not buy one of these cars because of this, but its an example of a wholesale suite of changes that absolutely will drive their core customers away. Trust me...I'm one of their core customers they drove away,.

Last edited by SW17LS; 10-09-21 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-09-21, 07:46 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
You don't "do something different" with your iconic brand. When you do something like this, you show the world that you don't actually think its iconic.
I don’t think the Lexus brand/logo is as iconic as you think.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)