Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-21 | 07:47 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I do think that this car will be a massive hit
Me too, to Toyota BOF people especially. It also settles the debate IMO on whether or not Lexus cares that it only sells 5k-ish of these LXs a year in USA here. I don't think they're expecting much different here, or a huge increase. Maybe a modest increase they're looking for but nothing huge. The formula didn't change here. This still isn't as practical or roomy as an Escalade or Navigator, etc. Those also have zero real off road capability, while the LX will retain it.
Old 10-09-21 | 07:49 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
Me too, to Toyota BOF people especially. It also settles the debate IMO on whether or not Lexus cares that it only sells 5k-ish of these LXs a year in USA here. I don't think they're expecting much different here, or a huge increase. Maybe a modest increase they're looking for but nothing huge. The formula didn't change here. This still isn't as practical or roomy as an Escalade or Navigator, etc. Those also have zero off road capability, while the LX will retain it.
I have never understood why those on here focus on the lower sales of the LX. It’s a very expensive car, that was an up charge over the Toyota Land Cruiser, so it always had that model to compete with. Low sales do not mean anything at that price point . How much you charge for something does.
Old 10-09-21 | 07:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I would love for this vehicle to be a fabulous choice for me to consider. My next vehicle may very well be a luxury SUV and I would absolutely come back to Lexus for the right product
Old 10-09-21 | 07:51 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I would love for this vehicle to be a fabulous choice for me to consider. My next vehicle may very well be a luxury SUV and I would absolutely come back to Lexus for the right product
Riding high is nice.... I love how low to the ground my car is but for traffic you can't beat the seating position an SUV gives you. 200 series LX gives you king of road feel. This will too.
Old 10-09-21 | 07:52 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I have never understood why those on here focus on the lower sales of the LX. It’s a very expensive car, that was an up charge over the Toyota Land Cruiser, so it always had that model to compete with. Low sales do not mean anything at that price point . How much you charge for something does.
I can tell you why I have focused on it, because I want a sort of vehicle from Lexus that they don't make because they sell the LX here. A lot of people do, and judging by how much more vehicles like the X7 and GLS sell than the LX, a lot of consumers do.

The LX is not "very expensive" at all. They're $90,000...thats nothing in the current luxury market. A fully loaded LX is less than a base model V8 X7 or GLS or Range Rover. If anything, the LX is cheap.
Old 10-09-21 | 07:52 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Riding high is nice.... I love how low to the ground my car is but for traffic you can't beat the seating position an SUV gives you. 200 series LX gives you king of road feel. This will too.
I totally agree. I love that in Range Rovers. If they were reliable I would almost certainly have one.
Old 10-09-21 | 07:53 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I honestly think a good amount of people, these sales, come from people who won't drive anything else. Like the Wrangler crowd.

I will never drive anything else, ever. It's special. I'm glad this 300LX is appealing because I might buy one someday!
Old 10-09-21 | 07:56 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I totally agree. I love that in Range Rovers. If they were reliable I would almost certainly have one.
They are at the bottom on the barrel as I'm sure you know. But they are for sure status symbols EVERYWHERE around here, and the dealer is small but nice. I don't know how that small a dealer handles them all honestly. I would honestly say a RR is almost the #1 vehicle high end around here, my area at least. There are so many it makes me dizzy.
Old 10-09-21 | 08:08 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

They are at the bottom on the barrel as I'm sure you know. But they are for sure status symbols EVERYWHERE around here, and the dealer is small but nice. I don't know how that small a dealer handles them all honestly. I would honestly say a RR is almost the #1 vehicle high end around here, my area at least. There are so many it makes me dizzy.
RANGE ROVER has terrible reliability. Really bad. Perfect for leasing. The Lexus LX is for the long term buyer crowd
Old 10-09-21 | 08:15 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

RANGE ROVER has terrible reliability. Really bad. Perfect for leasing. The Lexus LX is for the long term buyer crowd
Oh it's worse than terrible. I'm too lazy to post the graph but they are DEAD LAST and the blackness graph bad part extends well beyond the second worst, lol.

My buddy's boss bought a 180k Autobiography RR and it's new and was in the shop a month at 11k miles, lol.

I will admit they look killer, though. At least the higher end ones.
Old 10-09-21 | 08:45 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Oh it's worse than terrible. I'm too lazy to post the graph but they are DEAD LAST and the blackness graph bad part extends well beyond the second worst, lol.
Oh I believe you.
Old 10-09-21 | 08:47 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Too bad even for leasing. I know a lot of people who have Range Rovers and they are problematic even within the first 3 years.

And for tax purposes, to get the best tax benefit out of a vehicle over 6000lbs GVWR you have to buy it and commit to it for 5 years.

I just can’t be bothered with a car that’s always in the shop.
Old 10-09-21 | 09:03 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

What engines are they using from 15 years ago?
3.5 V6 in the IS350 and the same old transmission in the AWD models with the dumb hump on the driver's side tunnel. I'm actually ok with the GX engine being the same for 12 years based on the kind of vehicle it is but it is still an old engine.

Old 10-09-21 | 09:10 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by patgilm
3.5 V6 in the IS350 and the same old transmission in the AWD models with the dumb hump on the driver's side tunnel. I'm actually ok with the GX engine being the same for 12 years based on the kind of vehicle it is but it is still an old engine.
That engine is not technically that old. It’s a updated engine that is identical to the Camry or Avalon. Agree on the hump. But was really designed fir RHD. My sister had an IS…total MEH car that was not that great…don’t know about the 6 speed as I would rather have less gearing. Lexus really can’t compete in the segment. They make batter ES or RXs than they do small sedans…but IS500 looks like ot will be well received and is well reviewed

The original 1UZ engine was used for 13 years…talk about “heritage”

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 10-09-21 at 09:29 AM. Reason: 3 …
Old 10-09-21 | 09:59 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

I don’t think this will sell in huge #s like X7 and GLS forget about top dogs like G-class and Range Rover plus now you have Lambo Urus, Bentley, Aston etc all with SUVs.

Lexus has never made a vehicle that sold well that is close or over 6 figures. If this thing has a V6 then that will be DOA for sure.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)