Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-21, 05:36 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
I wish, it grew just a little. Seems like the 3rd row stores flat now? like the GX has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntOI-MoX5Pk
nice video find, thanks. yes, it's a huge improvement that the third row now folds flat.

also, the button/**** controls, main gauges and loads of open pore wood look to be REALLY REALLY nice on this new LX. the double center screens though is a giant fail.

hard to imagine the NX will have a screen twice the size as the main screen of the LX.
Old 10-14-21, 05:44 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
nice video find, thanks. yes, it's a huge improvement that the third row now folds flat.
Didn’t realize the LX now has fold flat. You can get them in 2 row versions which is the model to get. IMO
Old 10-14-21, 06:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
What about them?
Examples of other companies that use a dual screen setup.

Originally Posted by jwong77
I'm curious as to whom Toyota sees as the competitor to this vehicle? Is it the likes of the X7 and GLS, or are they aiming more towards Range Rover / G-class / Escalade? From a go anywhere standpoint, it seems like the closest competitor is the G-Wagon, but it doesn't seem premium enough.
I think it can appeal to either group, kind of in between.

Originally Posted by UZ214
You guys fail to realize people who buy these do not use them as mall crawlers, maybe some do but most of us do not
I strongly disagree. Very few people why buy an LX new offroad it at all. What happens down the line when people buy them used is a different matter but thats not what they're designed for. I know a few people that have them, and none of them have been offroad at all.
Old 10-14-21, 08:27 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,629 Likes on 1,037 Posts

I would buy one in a heartbeat. I absolutely love it and keep coming back to stare at the pictures.

I wouldn't really be taking it off road, though it's nice to at least have the option. I'd do some "mall crawling" for sure, but where I would want this would be for a good family road trip vehicle to tow the trailer. Lots of room for all of us plus the dog, and it ought to be a very capable tow vehicle.
Old 10-14-21, 09:28 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

my santa fe with AWD is enough off road capability. anywhere an LX could go that my santa fe couldn't is not somewhere i want to drive anyway.
Old 10-14-21, 10:42 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I strongly disagree. Very few people why buy an LX new offroad it at all. What happens down the line when people buy them used is a different matter but thats not what they're designed for. I know a few people that have them, and none of them have been offroad at all.
Yeah I would say so too. I think TFLC guy was saying something along this line. Most people don't even take GX off road as much as we would think. Maybe used but not new. Those I know who bought GX/LX new are not even into off-road. Some just use as school vehicles. I have a friend who offloads a lot and kept asking me to take the GX to go with him. I never did because I'm not really into this stuff.
Old 10-14-21, 10:48 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

I like this new LX. The people saying nobody does are wrong. The styling is conservative but the interior looks great. The seat that folds out and headrest that folds down, that's some cool stuff.

I actually like the styling even if it's a little low key. Park each generation next to e.o., nice lineage.

This would be my next vehicle, lol in 7-8 years if I ever were to buy again. I don't care about the LS anymore, that's a shame. I'm just glad I have a 430.
Old 10-14-21, 10:50 AM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
The intro graphics on the upper screen are identical to the ones in the head unit of the ES/IS/LS.

I've yet to see a single video demonstrating the upper unit of the LX. But I seriously doubt it's the same as the NX when the NX infotainment was obviously designed for that larger layout and not a tacked-on head unit from the existing ES/IS.
in this video, at the 5 min mark, you will see the surround view camera. notice the white section and buttons on the far left of the screen, which is indicative of the menu structure from the NX.

At 1:19 of their official promo video, you see the new navigation which is the same as the NX

Old 10-14-21, 10:55 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I actually like the styling even if it's a little low key. Park each generation next to e.o., nice lineage.
This is what I was saying, it clearly shows the progression of the Lexus design language maturing. It think it looks great on the outside. This is the formula Porsche followed on the 911 and look how well that worked for them.
Old 10-14-21, 11:51 AM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Lexus LX600 in Special Off-Road Trim for Japan

• Lexus has created a special off-road version of the new LX600 SUV, but it's only for Japan.
  • It comes standard with locking front, center, and rear differentials and 18-inch wheels with all-terrain tires.
  • We can only hope that Lexus will bring something like this to the U.S. eventually.
The new LX600 is Lexus's latest version of the legendary Land Cruiser, and Toyota's luxury division is trying to get in on the off-road fun with a special version of the luxury SUV that's exclusive to the Japan market. Called the LX600 Offroad, it features a few modifications that we hope will make their way to the U.S. market eventually.

The main mechanical difference is the off-road model's three locking differentials: one in the front, one in the center, and one in the rear, just like a Mercedes-Benz G-wagen. It also comes standard with matte-grey 18-inch wheels, compared with the standard model's available 20- and 22-inch wheels, and different tires. Otherwise, it has the same four-wheel-drive system with a low range, height-adjustable suspension, and twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6 engine as the other LX600 models.
The Offroad also features black plastic cladding on the fenders and a different grille treatment than the Premium, Ultra Luxury, and F Sport models that have been confirmed for the U.S. Lexus says that the LX600 Offroad is only for Japan for now, but we wouldn't be shocked if it eventually offers some sort of off-road package for the U.S.-market car.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...version-japan/
Old 10-14-21, 12:27 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jwong77
This is what I was saying, it clearly shows the progression of the Lexus design language maturing. It think it looks great on the outside. This is the formula Porsche followed on the 911 and look how well that worked for them.
I personally think the best looking LX is the '13-'15, and the first few years of the freshening after that. '16-'19ish with those gorgeous 21" rims.

The last of the LX570s were way too busy and over the top with the cladding and sport package BS. They looked pretty stupid, honestly.

This is clean sheet design that looks great. I like how they went from 570 to 600 in the naming. Can't decide if I like the regular or sport better.
Old 10-14-21, 02:31 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

I just watched a video review of the new LX and I love almost everything about it but I really like the new rear and the fact that the third row seats now fold into the floor vs. the sides. Although many don't like the two screens or some bits of the interior but I actually really like it. The only thing I don't like is the front grille of the standard version, it's a lot more pronounced than I would like but I do like it blacked out on the sport package. I don't mine the V6TT but I wonder how the off road people will feel about this as I feel the V8 is better suited for off roading with instant torque and no lag.
Old 10-14-21, 02:47 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,629 Likes on 1,037 Posts

One thing that I am not crazy about is with the chrome grille. The way they did the horizontal bars really reminds me of the way they did the horizontal bars on the chrome grille of the outgoing Tundra.

Old 10-14-21, 03:11 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Here is why they kept the shifter..

These things are so overbuilt it feels like you can slam it around like that continuously for the next 100 years. Yes, forget an electric shifter. Several reasons—off roading to start. I would break it probably also.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0301.MOV (2.27 MB, 32 views)
Old 10-14-21, 03:47 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

all shifters are electronics today, do people still thiink you are moving a mechanical linkage? Transmissions now are all electronically controlled, you are merely moving a stick to make electrical contacts close which control the transmission by solenoids

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)