Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-21, 05:57 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Also I assume the RR will be considerably more expensive than LX, but they haven't released LX pricing yet.
Old 10-29-21, 06:11 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I'd just like to see some hard data reviews on the new LX (LC too).

This Range looks seriously nice, but keep in mind it's going to be a piece of junk reliability wise.

Some people buy LX and that's that, forget about it. Wouldn't even consider a new RR and probably vice versa.
in some markets they compete - Russia, China, USA.... in markets that LX has been designed for such as Gulf countries, RR barely sells. That is where LX is the king and king just got new clothes.
LX750h should be nice improvement in every way possible, and twin turbo if we look at LC tests is going to be lot faster than old V8.

I think RR plugin is cool even if pointless, at it least it lowers emissions for taxes and I am sure it will be great for Western Europe (plus it should be faster) , but in markets where LX sells, nobody sells plugins. So there is no way LX will get plugin version anytime soon as they dont even sell LX in Western Europe and regular hybrids in Russia are 7% of the market for Toyota/Lexus, people dont buy them. Hence no plugin, but we know LX750h is coming.
Old 10-29-21, 06:16 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
in some markets they compete - Russia, China, USA.... in markets that LX has been designed for such as Gulf countries, RR barely sells. That is where LX is the king and king just got new clothes.
LX750h should be nice improvement in every way possible, and twin turbo if we look at LC tests is going to be lot faster than old V8.

I think RR plugin is cool even if pointless, at it least it lowers emissions for taxes and I am sure it will be great for Western Europe (plus it should be faster) , but in markets where LX sells, nobody sells plugins. So there is no way LX will get plugin version anytime soon as they dont even sell LX in Western Europe and regular hybrids in Russia are 7% of the market for Toyota/Lexus, people dont buy them. Hence no plugin, but we know LX750h is coming.
I personally love the new LX in just about every way. I hate that the V8 is gone but the car world for enthusiasts is slowly dying, year by year. It sucks but it is what it is.

I'm sure this ttV6 will be a scorcher. But damn, every single grunt, rumble, and snort my 5.7 makes literally elevates my mood. I barely even listen to the radio in the thing. The engine is the music.

My guess is the LX750h will get the Tundra's hybrid setup. I don't think we will ever see another V8 from Lexus.

There are no RRs in the ME because they aren't reliable and can't handle the conditions the way the Toyotas do.
Old 10-29-21, 06:30 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

I personally love the new LX in just about every way. I hate that the V8 is gone but the car world for enthusiasts is slowly dying, year by year. It sucks but it is what it is.

I'm sure this ttV6 will be a scorcher. But damn, every single grunt, rumble, and snort my 5.7 makes literally elevates my mood. I barely even listen to the radio in the thing. The engine is the music.

My guess is the LX750h will get the Tundra's hybrid setup. I don't think we will ever see another V8 from Lexus.

There are no RRs in the ME because they aren't reliable and can't handle the conditions the way the Toyotas do.
it is definitely a nice improvement, big step up in luxury, and I am sure 750h will be engine to pick.
Old 10-29-21, 06:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

We don't live in the ME and the worst conditions they will be exposed to are parking lots and snow.

And if you go to big ME cities I bet you see plenty of Range Rovers,
Old 10-29-21, 07:14 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
We don't live in the ME and the worst conditions they will be exposed to are parking lots and snow.

And if you go to big ME cities I bet you see plenty of Range Rovers,
Okay?

In the dirt you don't see them, which was my point. I'm sure they're popular in ME cities where they don't go off pavement, though.

And I've clearly said Range Rovers are so popular here at least it makes me dizzy. If I were to pick "the quintessential West Knoxville high end Yuppie-Mobile" it would be a Range Rover.

But they're junk in the wild. I saw about 3 million 200 series Land Cruisers on the news during the Afghanistan mess, that's for a reason.
Old 10-29-21, 07:15 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

People in the Middle East buy the Land Cruiser and its smaller Prado variant, not the LX. The LX, like most Lexus products, is primarily for North America even if its underpinnings are identical to the Land Cruiser.
Old 10-29-21, 07:17 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Motorola
People in the Middle East buy the Land Cruiser and its smaller Prado variant, not the LX. The LX, like most Lexus products, is primarily for North America even if its underpinnings are identical to the Land Cruiser.
Right, but they're still ultra-capable, the ones sent here. That's part of the appeal. Maybe not to everyone, but there is a market.
Old 10-29-21, 07:21 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Right, but they're still ultra-capable, the ones sent here. That's part of the appeal. Maybe not to everyone, but there is a market.
Ironically the LX is actually less capable than the Land Cruiser because its massive grille dramatically shrinks its approach angle compared to the LC, making it only comparable to a BMW X5 (25 degrees).
Old 10-29-21, 08:10 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Ironically the LX is actually less capable than the Land Cruiser because its massive grille dramatically shrinks its approach angle compared to the LC, making it only comparable to a BMW X5 (25 degrees).
AHC raises it to 28 or so. That said, one of the reasons I chose a 2014 was because that's before the grill started messing with angles.
Old 10-29-21, 11:52 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

the off reading stuff is just marketing
Old 10-29-21, 01:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
the off reading stuff is just marketing
Exactly, very few US new buyers are taking these things offroad. And with that said, a Range Rover is extremely capable offroad, I would say with confidence it can get anywhere an LX can get, its just the reliability is a big question mark.
Old 10-29-21, 01:17 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Exactly, very few US new buyers are taking these things offroad. And with that said, a Range Rover is extremely capable offroad, I would say with confidence it can get anywhere an LX can get, its just the reliability is a big question mark.
I don’t care much for how far the range rover can get or the Lexus etc. All irrelevant nowadays. I think the off-road part for these two vehicles is just a legacy thing because of past marketing originating from the 1990s. It’s just like Mercedes and their AMG sedans, sure they go really fast on the autobahn or track, but people don’t do the same thing in America on the highways…all marketing.

These images at Lexus USA sum up where Lexus wants to grow the LX…Lexus.com

Ps: there is a 3X locking differential LX version geared for off road..but not available in the USA

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 10-29-21 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-29-21, 02:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I do like the angles and layout of that dash from those pictures. And that woman classes it up pretty good lol
Old 10-29-21, 04:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

No they dont... LX is best selling Lexus and best selling luxury vehicle in Middle East. It usually outsells Range Rover 7-8:1. Toyota is #1 brand in Middle East and Lexus is usually top 5. In some countries, Lexus LX is top 3 best selling vehicle in the market.
And Prado does not sell well in Middle East, while LC is usually one of the best sellers.

LX is definitely not made primarily for North America, what made you think that? I dont think even 7-8% of them end up in USA, right now it is really a small market for it.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)