Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-22 | 02:32 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Originally Posted by spwolf
Sure. LX sells dramatically less in USA because it is not primarily made for US market, and is traditional body on frame SUV compared to those vehicles you mentioned.
Lexus does that because worldwide, they manage sell around 40k units of LX, slightly more than GLS that sells the best in USA.

Overall considering it is based on very successful LC200 that sells 10x that number, I am pretty sure LX continues to be bigger success story for Lexus than GLS, X7 or Q7 do for their brands.

When we talk about sales and success, US market is only a part of that story. If there was no GCC where LC and LX own the market, LX would not have been body on frame anymore and it would have sold better in USA, just like RX owns US market for midsize SUVs.
Agreed, but why not rebadge the Sequoia to meet US preferences? Lexus could sell more large SUVs, but for some unknown reason chooses not to compete in this space.

Old 01-12-22 | 02:50 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mbarron37
Agreed, but why not rebadge the Sequoia to meet US preferences? Lexus could sell more large SUVs, but for some unknown reason chooses not to compete in this space.
Bespoke platform only shared with LC is big big part of appeal of LX, as an owner I can tell you.

Lexus are fine with selling in low volume here comparatively as someone else pointed out. Worldwide 200 (soon 300) sales numbers are staggering.

Originally Posted by CFAI
The main bummer for me is the elimination of the split gate - sounds stupid to say, but that was the main thing I wished the GX had the LC/LX had.
Not at all. It was a feature everyone loved. You can sleep in an LC/LX thanks to that tailgate. Also for partying, etc.
Old 01-12-22 | 02:52 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

yes;

i drive ALOT with all my kids + wife taking 5000k miles cross country trips few times a year. been through crazy snow storms, flash floods; light off-roading; camping trips. fishing trips, mountain biking trips; on beaches/ sand dune, local trails plus highway driving. Probably put more than 600k miles in LXs since 2006.. These cars have not let me down once. No issues 'Zero'. I even had 2 of these at the same time for a while.

I always tell my friends if I have to keep only 1 car this would be it. Only con is the MPG.

it's hard to leave this kind of reliability/ dependability and whole comfort feeling this LX provides. I don't miss any "new" features I have CarPlay in mine and a cargo box on top take cars of lack of space on long trips.

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
It is just that satisfying?
Old 01-12-22 | 02:59 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

this really is the best full size luxury interior. Digital screens are not my fav, but this is really good design

Originally Posted by UZ214
yes;

i drive ALOT with all my kids + wife taking 5000k miles cross country trips few times a year. been through crazy snow storms, flash floods; light off-roading; camping trips. fishing trips, mountain biking trips; on beaches/ sand dune, local trails plus highway driving. Probably put more than 600k miles in LXs since 2006.. These cars have not let me down once. No issues 'Zero'. I even had 2 of these at the same time for a while.

I always tell my friends if I have to keep only 1 car this would be it. Only con is the MPG.

it's hard to leave this kind of reliability/ dependability and whole comfort feeling this LX provides. I don't miss any "new" features I have CarPlay in mine and a cargo box on top take cars of lack of space on long trips.
Yeah. Spot on. We have a LX470 back in 01. Just amazing.

Old 01-12-22 | 02:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Low the ground as in to looks lower overall. For example. the Q7 has a ride height of 68.5 inches, Audi Q8 is 67.2 a Toyota Highlander is 68.1 inches In height. The hood height is gonna a lot lower In the Q7 and Q8 compared to a truck based SUV I am sure, BMW has 71.1 in height.
of course the non BOF vehicles look lower overall because they're unibody. the lx600 looks way too tall (hood height) and narrow, especially with the new grill.

Sales figures don't really tell the entire story.

Audi Q7 Is $56K LOL
The GLS starts at $77K
The X7 starts are $74.9K
Escalade starts at $75K
Toyota Land Cruiser $86K 2021 version
Lexus LX600 is $88K 2022 version
those 'starting' figures for the german models are a joke, as they probably don't include wheels, seats, and various other 'luxuries'

Originally Posted by AJT123
Lol no, I’m not imagining it. I check out virtually every car I see. This is just a heavy heavy, trucky SUV area. Lots and lots of LC200s too. I know they don’t sell that well but around here they do.
lots of lots of LC200s huh? looks like 3146 were sold NATIONWIDE all of last year. you must live in a landcruiser triangle.

Old 01-12-22 | 03:01 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Bespoke platform only shared with LC is big big part of appeal of LX, as an owner I can tell you.

Lexus are fine with selling in low volume here comparatively as someone else pointed out. Worldwide 200 (soon 300) sales numbers are staggering.
A Lexus sequoia would sell more, because of the size and lower price. It would be made in USA so it wouldn’t be as great.
Old 01-12-22 | 03:30 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

LX sales are low as it does not appeal to the masses in the US. I agree that worldwide the LC and LX are massive hits.

I still say an upmarket Sequoia is the way to go for the US market.

I still hope the LX does well in the US, but wonder if Lexus is missing an opportunity. Who knows……

Last edited by bitkahuna; 01-12-22 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-12-22 | 03:33 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mbarron37
;

I still hope the LX does well in the US, but wonder if Lexus is missing an opportunity. Who knows……

don’t care. This vehicle is meh. No V8…last gen power train was better…so was the one with the 4.7. Lx470 and pre refresh interiors of 570 were also superior

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 01-12-22 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-12-22 | 03:40 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
those 'starting' figures for the german models are a joke, as they probably don't include wheels, seats, and various other 'luxuries'
I got a good laugh from that, thanks
Old 01-12-22 | 03:42 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

don’t care. This vehicle is meh. No V8…last gen power train was better…so was the one with the 4.7. Lx470 and pre refresh interiors of 570 were also superior
If the all new LX does not sell well, there is a serious problem at Lexus.

SUV sales are skyrocketing and Lexus needs to capitalize. When the all new LS500 tanked, I chalked that up to customers moving from sedans to crossovers and SUVs.

Time will tell. 👍
Old 01-12-22 | 03:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

At the end of the day, like I said this vehicle will sell to fans of this particular vehicle, and nobody else. Lexus could have delivered a vehicle that was really competitive, they could have gone BOF and challenged the Escalade and the Navigator as Jeep has done, or they could have gone unibody and challenged the X7 and GLS etc... but they continue to choose not to field a product that is competitive in the US and that's really frustrating.

My guess is this won't do any better saleswise than the outgoing LX
Old 01-12-22 | 03:45 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

lots of lots of LC200s huh? looks like 3146 were sold NATIONWIDE all of last year. you must live in a landcruiser triangle.
I do. I saw 3LCs today, 2 yesterday....and before, and before...and before.

Not making this up. Apparently this is Land Cruiser country.

8 out of 10 times I go out I see at least a couple to several 200s. It comforting knowing we all share the same awful mileage, haha. I get great HWY economy but in the city is 13 on the best day imaginable. Lol.
Old 01-12-22 | 03:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I can't remember the last time I saw a LC...I see maybe 2 or 3 a year. I just don't buy seeing 3 a day unless its the same 3 every day. There are just too few of them in the country.
Old 01-12-22 | 03:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I got a good laugh from that, thanks
you're welcome. thank you, thank you very much.
Old 01-12-22 | 04:05 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I can't remember the last time I saw a LC...I see maybe 2 or 3 a year. I just don't buy seeing 3 a day unless its the same 3 every day. There are just too few of them in the country.
Well I'm not lying. Feel free to call Knoxville area Toyota dealers and Lexus of Knoxville and ask how they've sold over the years, or just figure a way to see how many are registered in Knox county since you don't believe me.. I'm well aware these are sparse in general but I see LOTS around here.

This is not an area where people (generally) spend 100k on a car, it's the big BOF SUVs here that fly off the lots.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)