Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-22, 04:15 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

This is nicer. Honestly. V8, even has rear adjusters for seatbelts. Cost cut out of the 600. Looks more roomy too

I guess I really hate the new design

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 01-12-22 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-12-22, 04:28 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

this really is the best full size luxury interior. Digital screens are not my fav, but this is really good design
The environment for the front row is nice, yes, but the experience deteriorates quickly once you get to the second and third rows.
Old 01-12-22, 04:28 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
At the end of the day, like I said this vehicle will sell to fans of this particular vehicle, and nobody else. Lexus could have delivered a vehicle that was really competitive, they could have gone BOF and challenged the Escalade and the Navigator as Jeep has done, or they could have gone unibody and challenged the X7 and GLS etc... but they continue to choose not to field a product that is competitive in the US and that's really frustrating.

My guess is this won't do any better saleswise than the outgoing LX
Totally agree.
Old 01-12-22, 06:21 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

It may not compete well against other luxury SUV's, but I think this LX might be good enough to steal customers away from the LS500 across the showroom floor.
Old 01-12-22, 06:28 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TangoRed
The environment for the front row is nice, yes, but the experience deteriorates quickly once you get to the second and third rows.
maybe. But you still get a 6.2 V8. I think a diesel As well
Old 01-12-22, 09:30 PM
aabassi
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So disappointed personally...we don't get the Land Cruiser here anymore, so instead Lexus gives us a vehicle with one of the richest heritages of any vehicle on sale, and yet it neither has the off road chops of the 200 series Land Cruiser (in LX form...just looking at that terrible front approach angle, those ridiculous running boards, etc) nor will it be able to truly compete with uni-body luxury SUV's since it's ultimately a truck and has a solid rear axle. Am I missing something, or is this a complete downer? It's the same issue I have with vehicles like the current GX460. They took a Land Cruiser Prado, again one of the most capable vehicles where it is sold, butchered the approach and departure angles with an enormous grill, slapped some nicer materials inside and called it a day. I mean, would it have killed them to at least retain the off road ability of the models the Lexus land cruisers are based off? I get that a vast majority of people won't off road these trucks, but the LX/GX are off road vehicles at heart. I don't understand why Lexus has to destroy that, or at least make it so you'd need to cut the front grill in half to do most remotely moderate trails. Am I alone on this lol
Old 01-13-22, 05:11 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

maybe. But you still get a 6.2 V8. I think a diesel As well
Oh and there's a small block V8 supercharged 668hp Escalade coming, too. GM is WELL AWARE half of America isn't on the EV train and that a V8 like that, and Escalade powered from this (rather than EV or hybrid) makes enthusiasts drool, but they'd never admit it...god forbid.

Back OT, I know this is dead but it would have been cool if Toyota followed through with a new V8 for this and other models but thanks CAFE.
Old 01-13-22, 05:28 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I can't remember the last time I saw a LC...I see maybe 2 or 3 a year. I just don't buy seeing 3 a day unless its the same 3 every day. There are just too few of them in the country.
Stuff like this happens all the time. There are lots of LCs and LXs here, I promise you. Yes in general they don't sell well but in the Southeast they are relatively popular. I used to not really care for the LC's front styling but now I find it pretty bossy. Next several times I go out I'll make it a point to count how many I see and try to grab pics.
Attached Thumbnails 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)-img_0054.jpeg  
Old 01-13-22, 06:34 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
Stuff like this happens all the time. There are lots of LCs and LXs here, I promise you. Yes in general they don't sell well but in the Southeast they are relatively popular. I used to not really care for the LC's front styling but now I find it pretty bossy. Next several times I go out I'll make it a point to count how many I see and try to grab pics.
That Land Cruiser is just so nice. Wish I had the $$$ for a new one. Sad, because a lot of people complained so much of the V8 and the older design…now it’s gone. And the new one isn’t so great with the V6

Don’t ever sell your LX. It is very very special
Old 01-13-22, 07:02 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

That Land Cruiser is just so nice. Wish I had the $$$ for a new one. Sad, because a lot of people complained so much of the V8 and the older design…now it’s gone. And the new one isn’t so great with the V6
There's just a niche for them. The people who did buy them, the last thing they care about is that it's old (200). I think people complained about the bad gas mileage, not the actual V8. And it does suck but it's the nature of the beast. The thing flies for what it is and the sound and feel are just intoxicating. Bad mileage is worth it.

Don’t ever sell your LX. It is very very special
Oh I won't, lol trust me. It's like my child. I'm getting better, as soon as I'm able I'm pressure washing the undercarriage from my off road fun. It's crazy the things I have done, off roading and there is not one single blemish on the paint, literally nothing. We may buy a 300 one day depending on how new LX turns out.
Old 01-13-22, 07:11 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

don’t care. This vehicle is meh. No V8…last gen power train was better…so was the one with the 4.7. Lx470 and pre refresh interiors of 570 were also superior
So far everyone is raving about how good the TT V6 is in the Tundra. I cant imagine they would put a worse engine in the LX? The LC/LX twins had 6 cylinders waaay back when, didnt seem to be a problem.
Old 01-13-22, 07:33 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
So far everyone is raving about how good the TT V6 is in the Tundra. I cant imagine they would put a worse engine in the LX? The LC/LX twins had 6 cylinders waaay back when, didnt seem to be a problem.
Regardless of engine type, I am excited to test drive the new LX, once they are available for test drives.

I am a little unhappy with ability to configure what I want, but that has always been the Toyota way.

It will be interesting to see how this handles with the updated AHC and variable suspension. Still, I dislike the 22” wheels. I prefer 18” or 20”, but these 22” come standard on Luxury trim.
Old 01-13-22, 07:34 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

The online configurator is up:

https://www.lexus.com/models/LX

Lexus must really not want people to buy the Ultra Luxury because it's only available with a black interior.
Old 01-13-22, 08:00 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Embargo ends Jan 21. I want to know how this thing drives.

Still can’t believe the running boards have no paint and look that terrible on a $126,000 vehicle per that earlier pic. In older LX they have paint that looks nice, as nice as running boards can look. This LX should have retractable running boards, if anyone can make that last 10 years trouble free it’s Lexus. (My 18 yo LS430, power tilt and telescope wheel, power folding mirrors still work great).
Old 01-13-22, 09:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
It may not compete well against other luxury SUV's, but I think this LX might be good enough to steal customers away from the LS500 across the showroom floor.
It would have to drive a lot different from the outgoing one

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)