Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-22, 07:05 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Not all newer tech is bad, like all things, too much of a good thing will be bad. Plus turbos are nothing new.
what new tech is good?
Old 01-16-22, 07:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

There is tons of new tech that is great…
Old 01-16-22, 08:14 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Not all new tech is great.
Old 01-16-22, 08:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Nobody is saying it is, but its not all bad either. I would say its more good than bad.
Old 01-16-22, 08:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

what new tech is good?
fair enough.

examples of new tech that is good.
- cross traffic alert (when i'm backing out of a parking spot in a busy shopping center, i cannot see cars coming from left or right until they're right on top of me. CTA is *invaluable* in these circumstances.
- 360 cameras - not that new now, but wonderful for anyone that's had them.
- adaptive cruise - now widely available, makes highway driving safer, period.
- ambient lighting - this has come a long way now that LEDs are everywhere and cheap. and adds style to interiors
- collision mitigation braking - if someone's not payng attention, or another vehicle comes into view with a likely collision, this feature saves lives.
- my fave fun feature on the santa fe is "lead vehicle departing" chime. if you're at a light, checking your phone and the light's gone green and you didn't notice, as the car in front pulls away, the car chimes to let you know, before the person behind honks their horn.
- android auto / apple carplay have brought consistent app functionality like waze, spotify, apple music, and many more to millions of cars. a GIGANTIC win.
Old 01-17-22, 06:42 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

What are the annual sales expectations for this all new LX? Do you think that the LX600 will eclipse the LX570 and Landcruiser annual sales?

I also wonder if they can build these at full capacity due to the supply chain and shortage issues, but assuming full capacity will these outsell the old LX and Landcruiser?

I hope this does well, really well. After the initial excitement dies down and if supply levels out, it will be interesting to see how sales hold up.
Old 01-17-22, 08:19 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

what new tech is good?
BSM, Rear Cross traffic alert, cameras everywhere for parking, etc., automated braking (if eyes off road), Supercruise...GM nailed that one.

Engine wise I'm not so sure unless you count stuff for efficiency which I don't. Turbos have become more advanced, I guess.
Old 01-17-22, 03:31 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mbarron37
What are the annual sales expectations for this all new LX? Do you think that the LX600 will eclipse the LX570 and Landcruiser annual sales?

I also wonder if they can build these at full capacity due to the supply chain and shortage issues, but assuming full capacity will these outsell the old LX and Landcruiser?

I hope this does well, really well. After the initial excitement dies down and if supply levels out, it will be interesting to see how sales hold up.
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
fair enough.

- cross traffic alert (when i'm backing out of a parking spot in a busy shopping center, i cannot see cars coming from left or right until they're right on top of me. CTA is *invaluable* in these circumstances.
- ambient lighting - this has come a long way now that LEDs are everywhere and cheap. and adds style to interiors
- collision mitigation braking - if someone's not payng attention, or another vehicle comes into view with a likely collision, this feature saves lives.
- my fave fun feature on the santa fe is "lead vehicle departing" chime. if you're at a light, checking your phone and the light's gone green and you didn't notice, as the car in front pulls away, the car chimes to let you know, before the person behind honks their horn.
- android auto / apple carplay have brought consistent app functionality like waze, spotify, apple music, and many more to millions of cars. a GIGANTIC win.
Originally Posted by AJT123
BSM, Rear Cross traffic alert, cameras everywhere for parking, etc., automated braking (if eyes off road), Supercruise...GM nailed that one.

Engine wise I'm not so sure unless you count stuff for efficiency which I don't. Turbos have become more advanced, I guess.
Fair enough

Some of this stuff I like, most I can live without. Auto high beam is good

. Turbos have become more advanced, I guess.
Meh...What do I need them for? I don't need start-stop. don't need cylinder deactivation.

Old 01-17-22, 03:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Meh...What do I need them for? I don't need start-stop. don't need cylinder deactivation.
Now that I've had a turbocharged car, I wouldn't go back to a naturally aspirated car...
Old 01-17-22, 03:38 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Now that I've had a turbocharged car, I wouldn't go back to a naturally aspirated car...
You don't keep your cars for a long time. Less stuff to go wrong for the long term owners like myself.
Old 01-17-22, 04:01 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Imagine the supercharged, probably 6.0L V8 engine you'd have in that car you'd have if there were no CAFE. Superchargers NO lag, that whine, I personally prefer to turbos. Less efficient but we don't care in this example.
Old 01-17-22, 04:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You don't keep your cars for a long time. Less stuff to go wrong for the long term owners like myself.
Doesnt mean turbocharged engines aren’t more rewarding to drive.

Imagine the supercharged, probably 6.0L V8 engine you'd have in that car you'd have if there were no CAFE. Superchargers NO lag, that whine, I personally prefer to turbos. Less efficient but we don't care in this example.
My car has no turbo lag.
Old 01-18-22, 10:55 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

what new tech is good?
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
More good/useful tech
- Remote Start for hot/cold days
- Remote Viewing/Checking Status for over paranoid owners
- Video recorded in event of an accident
- Self/Auto drive: what's better when you are stuck in the traffic after a long work day?
- Auto Hold feature for long drive through
- Guidance that pin points to a specific lane displayed on HUD
- Night vision/high beam assist
- Send a destination to the car before you start your trip
- Ability to talk to the car to ask for certain thing/direction
- Live traffic/road condition/speed cam alert
- Playing/streaming video
- Ability to pre set a condition/state a car is in and assign to a button for future use
- Be able to unlock/lock/start the car with a phone or a plastic key
Old 01-18-22, 01:35 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

This is just my opinion.

Good tech:
-DRLs, how neat they are. And effective.
-auto high beams
-advanced climate control like climate concierge
-BSM, rear cross traffic alert
-Auto Braking if front end collision is imminent.
-LKA if done right
-LED headlights, though long term I'm sure they cost a fortune to replace if they go. Xenon bulbs are about $150 for decent ones.
-LED lighting in cars, seriously cool stuff
-Supercruise (this really works)
-Nav tech that tells you the speed limit

Bad tech: (IMO)
-2.0ts (Today me driving in LX this chick in a sharp new 2.0t Jag E-class 250 SUV kept trying to race me, smoked her each time lol. She wasn't expecting that.)
-start stop
-multi gear 8+ speed transmissions, 6 speeds are all you need. For example my truck is geared very aggressively off the line and around town but cruises under 2k at 85MPH and gets 3mpg more than rated.
-digital gauges, I get they give way more info but no.
-cylinder deactivation
-attention monitor
-all this fake leather crap
-fake engine noise piped in
-electronic gear shifters, a regular one on steering wheel (in truck) on in console you can slam is all I'll ever want. I couldn't imagine having to be gentle with some dinky shifter.

More I'm sure but this is off top of my head.
Old 01-18-22, 02:16 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

-2.0ts (Today me driving in LX this chick in a sharp new 2.0t Jag E-class 250 SUV kept trying to race me, smoked her each time lol. She wasn't expecting that.).
E-Class is Mercedes. What you saw is an E-Pace P250

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)