Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-21 | 03:30 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Have you discovered that your LX lowers itself when hitting a certain speed on the freeway?
I’m aware it exists but you can’t tell at speed. What it does do I notice is how it levels the truck out at certain angles at lights and stuff.
Old 09-07-21 | 03:33 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
I’m aware it exists but you can’t tell at speed.
I have always wondered if it noticeable.

I. What it does do I notice is how it levels the truck out at certain angles at lights and stuff.
Nice.. the AVS in the LX is hydraulic so it is a little different than in their sedans.
Old 09-07-21 | 03:44 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

Nice.. the AVS in the LX is hydraulic so it is a little different than in their sedans.
Yep and hydraulic (vs air) is wayyyyy better in terms of durability. I have full confidence it will last to 300k with just fluid changes regularly. People seem to think it’s a delicate system. It’s cut out to tow 7k lbs and AHS will be “the suspension”. It’s tough. I’ve caught air a few times (not huge…but yeah), you can tell it works when you land.
Old 09-07-21 | 03:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It happens, trust me. If I were filthy rich I’d buy an LX just for that like some of these guys do.

I wouldn’t mod mine bc I don’t want to compromise the ride, drive, and quiet interior. Other than Tundra swapable off road tires.
It happens, but its very rare.
Old 09-07-21 | 04:28 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

My buddy just bought an ‘18 GX for his wife, he’s already made clear it will NEVER leave the pavement. I’ll hassle them until the end of time though, maybe I can get them to give in. They’re close friends.
Old 09-07-21 | 06:22 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

It happens, trust me. If I were filthy rich I’d buy an LX just for that like some of these guys do.

I wouldn’t mod mine bc I don’t want to compromise the ride, drive, and quiet interior. Other than Tundra swapable off road tires.
‘I think Lexus will position the next gen GX and LX to be more for the lifestyle crowd. There was a GX off road concept at the last Toronto Auto show and now Lexus has a LX concept build on your gen platform. The LQ will be more for the higher end lux crowd. No way Toyota eliminates the body on frame vehicles as there is too much money to be made.
Old 09-08-21 | 06:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

They won't eliminate them, they just may stop selling them here like they did with the Land Cruiser.

Lexus wont sell two $100k SUVs...if they launch an LQ (which is hypothetical) they will discontinue the LX in the US.
Old 09-08-21 | 10:19 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS

Lexus wont sell two $100k SUVs...if they launch an LQ (which is hypothetical) they will discontinue the LX in the US.
Sure they will. Everyone else does. LX is all but confirmed.

Lexus needs the LQ badly, though, too.
Old 09-08-21 | 11:21 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Sure they will. Everyone else does. LX is all but confirmed.

Lexus needs the LQ badly, though, too.
If they keep the LX, there will be no LQ.

I know this company, they are not going to field two vehicles in the same segment.
Old 09-08-21 | 11:39 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

If they keep the LX, there will be no LQ.

I know this company, they are not going to field two vehicles in the same segment.
Disagree. We'll see who's right soon enough. Did you see the IS500 coming? I didn't, and I "know this company" pretty well, too.

It'll be like the G-Wagen and GLS, just not as expensive...and Lexus. LX is confirmed, and I'm pretty confident that high end crossover is in the works. They would be stupid to not offer one.
Old 09-08-21 | 11:51 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Disagree. We'll see who's right soon enough. Did you see the IS500 coming? I didn't, and I "know this company" pretty well, too.

It'll be like the G-Wagen and GLS, just not as expensive...and Lexus. LX is confirmed, and I'm pretty confident that high end crossover is in the works. They would be stupid to not offer one.
The IS500 doesnt surprise me at all...since they cancelled the GS. The IS500 is not an all new model though, they put an engine they had into a car they had. We're talking about Lexus fielding two entries in the same segment at the same price point...when they thought there was too much overlap between the ES and GS.

The G Wagen and the GLS arent in the same price league whatsoever, and they don't appeal to the same buyer at all. GLS starts at $76k, G Wagen starts at $132k, where a completely totally loaded GLS580 tops out, and where a GLS63 sits. G Wagen is an entirely different sort of vehicle. Thats also Mercedes, who is clearly far less risk averse than Toyota.

The LX is nothing like the G Wagen. Save for very few enthusiasts, an LX and an LQ would serve the same consumer at the same price point, makes no sense.
Old 09-08-21 | 12:20 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

The IS500 doesnt surprise me at all...since they cancelled the GS. The IS500 is not an all new model though, they put an engine they had into a car they had. We're talking about Lexus fielding two entries in the same segment at the same price point...when they thought there was too much overlap between the ES and GS.

The G Wagen and the GLS arent in the same price league whatsoever, and they don't appeal to the same buyer at all. GLS starts at $76k, G Wagen starts at $132k, where a completely totally loaded GLS580 tops out, and where a GLS63 sits. G Wagen is an entirely different sort of vehicle. Thats also Mercedes, who is clearly far less risk averse than Toyota.

The LX is nothing like the G Wagen. Save for very few enthusiasts, an LX and an LQ would serve the same consumer at the same price point, makes no sense.

Yes I know, this is why I said "it'll be like the G Wagen and GLS, but Lexus." The same idea, nothing identical. LX is way tougher than an RX (or upcoming LQ) just like a G Wagen is a lot tougher than a GLS.

You have repeatedly said Lexus doesn't sell nearly what it wants LX wise, yet that's the model confirmed coming. I have disagreed and posit that they sell exactly what they want (or that they're fine with it) since the LC/LX for the USA are loaded to the gills with luxury and are simply cash cows and that the LC200 sold ridiculously well world-wide, and here in the USA they're just a $$$ cherry on top for Toyota/Lexus. So do you now think Lexus is fine with low LX volume and sales here in the US? Since you're unsure the LQ is even coming?

If Lexus cared that it only sold 5k LXs a year why bring back a new one that will sell theoretically the same?
Old 09-08-21 | 02:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yes I know, this is why I said "it'll be like the G Wagen and GLS, but Lexus." The same idea, nothing identical. LX is way tougher than an RX (or upcoming LQ) just like a G Wagen is a lot tougher than a GLS.
Its not the same thing at all. If you were saying that a car will come onto the market UNDERNEATH the LX, or that the LX would go significantly upmarket then I might agree...but that vehicle would then replace the GX. Lexus is not going to have multiple utility options at the same price point. If you want to spend $100,000 on a Lexus SUV you will have only one option.

The G Wagen is totally different than the LX. People looking for a family vehicle arent buying the G Wagen, they do buy the LX.

You have repeatedly said Lexus doesn't sell nearly what it wants LX wise, yet that's the model confirmed coming. I have disagreed and posit that they sell exactly what they want (or that they're fine with it) since the LC/LX for the USA are loaded to the gills with luxury and are simply cash cows and that the LC200 sold ridiculously well world-wide, and here in the USA they're just a $$$ cherry on top for Toyota/Lexus. So do you now think Lexus is fine with low LX volume and sales here in the US? Since you're unsure the LQ is even coming?
Correct, the LX is coming. My point is that means there will be no "mythical $90-110k unibody LQ". They will not offer both vehicles.

Its conceivable that the new LX will be a vehicle that is more marketable to the traditional large luxury SUV market here (a'la Navigator, Escalade) and in which case Lexus is just saying thats going to be their entry into that market and thats fine. The point is the current LX is too small to compete with those vehicles.

If Lexus cared that it only sold 5k LXs a year why bring back a new one that will sell theoretically the same?
This is a very valid question. It doesnt really make any sense, but Lexus has ignored the large crossover market for many years now, essentially only giving us a worthless 3 row RX option.
Old 09-08-21 | 04:58 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

This is a very valid question. It doesnt really make any sense, but Lexus has ignored the large crossover market for many years now, essentially only giving us a worthless 3 row RX option.
Disagree on the other but I don't feel like debating it anymore honestly. I think you/anyone know what I meant. But my question to you is why are you so sure the LQ is cancelled?

I definitely agree RX-L is worthless.

I don't know prices off top of my head but I'm sure BMW Audi and MB offer more than one "non-car" vehicle that are near each other in price but different vehicles, and expensive.

So why not Lexus? I like the idea of both LX and LQ, rather a lot actually.
Old 09-08-21 | 05:02 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I know now I'm REALLY dreaming but what if the LQ is coming and is a Maybach level crossover... I've seen some speculation. So, SW, that would definitely be more expensive than 300LX.

Lexus could do it and do it right if they REALLY wanted to. But I'm dreaming, I know.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)