Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Toy: Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-21, 01:19 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Kense
msrp: $293,200

*Faints*
that's with NO Weissach Package I think... *very pricey option*
Old 10-04-21, 01:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Congrats! Nice!!!! Is this your daily or weekend baby?
This thing is going to be my weekend fun car. I already have a Model 3 for daily and to be honest that thing does a great job bringing me from point A to point B. No self drive (and I will not trust that in years to come) but it is quiet, comfortable, quick, and decent handling. It keeps my daily drives enjoyable and I just need to make sure I NEVER brake late (brakes are horrible at best). I don't want the trouble of ground clearance, potholes, or more attentions from people/cops

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
subtle. we are not worthy.

where did the car come from? how many miles were on it? looks like it was kept in mint condition.
We got some crazy folks in the LFA forum, someone owns 3 LFA (among other cars)!

Car was originally in NJ, owned by a Lamborghini dealership owner. I am second owner. Car has 2400 miles now and it has full body paint protection film which is a big plus to me. I do plan to wash the car some time and add another layer of ceramic on top. Ceramic is perfect even for daily, I put them on all my cars. Having 3 black cars at home, what was I thinking

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
That would be roughly with tax & license 2,500 shares from my Apple Portfolio at the current stock price. Let me see, retirement or Porsche....I think I'll faint with you
Originally Posted by Gojirra99
that's with NO Weissach Package I think... *very pricey option*
294K is just the starting price, which basically means suckers like me pay that crazy money for a Porsche sticker (not emblem) on the hood and a strap instead of actually door handles. And knowing Porsche, everything is an option. Even that little CF triangle piece by the side mirror is a paid option...

Weissach package is 18k, this car already doesn't have the Magnesium wheels which is another 13k option.
Old 10-04-21, 03:08 PM
LH1
Instructor

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

Wow! That's all I can say. Congats on the car rominl.

Originally Posted by rominl
Last time I had a fun car was the 2002 NSX.
Didn't you have a 2010 M3 with a manual? Did you not consider that a fun car?

Old 10-04-21, 03:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by LH1
Wow! That's all I can say. Congats on the car rominl.

Didn't you have a 2010 M3 with a manual? Did you not consider that a fun car?
Thanks! And you got good memories!

I had the E93 M3 from 2008 to 2010 (lease), that was a super fun car. After that I had the W220 S550 for a year before I had the NSX (got it used) for several years
Old 10-04-21, 03:38 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Very nice. Congrats! All black cars look so awesome when they are kept up.
Old 10-04-21, 04:19 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

What a car! Congrats on getting such a rare and awesome car.
Old 10-04-21, 04:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SC300Es
Very nice. Congrats! All black cars look so awesome when they are kept up.
yes, hopefully i can keep this car clean since it's only for weekends. all our cars in the household are black (what a great idea) and especially my model 3 i admit i hardly give it much TLC besides that ceramic coating. now that the car will be going away next year, it seems to be even less incentives...
Old 10-04-21, 05:50 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Do those seats recline? They are gorgeous.
Old 10-04-21, 06:04 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow that is an amazing pickup!
GT2 RS is a special beast.

I think right now the only semi decent value in the GT world is the 991.1 GT3RS.
Old 10-04-21, 06:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Do those seats recline? They are gorgeous.
the LWB (light weight buckets) don't recline so you do sit pretty upright. It does have powered up/down and manual forward/backward adjustments. The seats aren't the most comfortable thing in the world for sure and also not the easier to get in and out (especially when doors are not wide open), a little bit of a gymnastic move sometimes!

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Wow that is an amazing pickup!
GT2 RS is a special beast.

I think right now the only semi decent value in the GT world is the 991.1 GT3RS.
yes, i think the regular gt3 have been inflated A LOT, mostly because of the original price point so a lot of people want to park their money. now they are at the point where it is so expensive and getting into the GT3 RS territory. the RS is also inflated but more reasonable (and limited) imho. the craziest is the GT3 Touring, they are often at 50k markup from original MSRP but i guess that's what happens when production was so limited and people consider it as the next best 911R. by comparison i think the GT2 RS pricing has been more stable, though it's definitely not easy for people to understand price point
Old 10-04-21, 06:26 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

^
I think on GT2RS, some dealers held on to them and ppl were not paying markups and then some were even sold for discount when new. The price point on them is much higher than average GT car but like you said in today’s world it makes it good purchase because its not as overinflated as standard GT3RS even if the price itself is higher.

I’m hoping the winter will help cool prices on 991.1 GT3RS or Porsche can build more 992s…
Old 10-04-21, 06:31 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kense
msrp: $293,200

*Faints*
One thing that’s important with Porsche is if you get in and get out at the right time, there will be good chance you may lose very little in depreciation. In some instances, you can make a good return even.

Also remember most ppl pay significant premium over MSRP.
Old 10-04-21, 06:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,513 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
Thanks! And you got good memories!

I had the E93 M3 from 2008 to 2010 (lease), that was a super fun car. After that I had the W220 S550 for a year before I had the NSX (got it used) for several years
you're almost as all over the map as i am.

except i don't see you driving an suv.
Old 10-04-21, 06:42 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Congratulations, Henry. Like Steve's S560, thats a LOT of new vehicle.

yes, hopefully I can keep this car clean since it's only for weekends. all our cars in the household are black (what a great idea)
If all of your vehicles are black, I'd guess you either spend a lot of time with the bucket/sponge/towel, or have a nice book full of coupons for the friendly neighborhood car wash. A multi-vehicle garage, of course, makes it a lot easier. That's something I've missed having for years.

I already have a Model 3 for daily and to be honest that thing does a great job bringing me from point A to point B. No self drive (and I will not trust that in years to come) but it is quiet, comfortable, quick, and decent handling.
Quick is an understatement....although, as an owner, I'm sure you already know that. The Model 3 I sampled, here in the D.C. area (and it was an AWD model, not the ultimate Hi-Perf version) was a low-RPM torque-monster that would handily dust off the quickest of the American muscle cars I grew up with a half-century ago.....and probably give your Porsche GT a run for the money.

Old 10-04-21, 07:59 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 363 Posts

Excellent!!! Congrats on such a fine driving machine Enjoy the new toy.

Quick Reply: New Toy: Porsche 911 GT2 RS