Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Toy: Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-21, 09:58 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow!!! I remember that feeling of the first time seeing my Porsche come out of the back of a trailer like that too, enjoy!
Old 10-04-21, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
^
I think on GT2RS, some dealers held on to them and ppl were not paying markups and then some were even sold for discount when new. The price point on them is much higher than average GT car but like you said in today’s world it makes it good purchase because its not as overinflated as standard GT3RS even if the price itself is higher.

I’m hoping the winter will help cool prices on 991.1 GT3RS or Porsche can build more 992s…
i am hoping porsche doesn't run into too many chip shortage issues on the 992 GT3, they start to have deliveries here in the US and i hope they keep it up.

yup, the GT2 RS are probably up 20-30k, which is like 10% of the original MSRP. Compared to GT3 where some of them have gone up 40k which is 20%. But still, the absolute price is lower which makes them a lot more approachable.

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
One thing that’s important with Porsche is if you get in and get out at the right time, there will be good chance you may lose very little in depreciation. In some instances, you can make a good return even.

Also remember most ppl pay significant premium over MSRP.
it's quite amazing to see the Porsche following / loyalty. The prices are definitely going very strong especially when compared to other brands

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you're almost as all over the map as i am.

except i don't see you driving an suv.
haha i have my wife to cover the suv side of things where i get to enjoy on weekends when bringing family out. gx470, then gl550, and now gle350. gl550 was fun, gle350 is a snail.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations, Henry. Like Steve's S560, thats a LOT of new vehicle.

If all of your vehicles are black, I'd guess you either spend a lot of time with the bucket/sponge/towel, or have a nice book full of coupons for the friendly neighborhood car wash. A multi-vehicle garage, of course, makes it a lot easier. That's something I've missed having for years.

Quick is an understatement....although, as an owner, I'm sure you already know that. The Model 3 I sampled, here in the D.C. area (and it was an AWD model, not the ultimate Hi-Perf version) was a low-RPM torque-monster that would handily dust off the quickest of the American muscle cars I grew up with a half-century ago.....and probably give your Porsche GT a run for the money.
the car has full ppf and i plan to put ceramic on top. both of that should help considering that i only drive on weekends.

my model 3 is just dual motor so it's not as fast as performance. it's still plenty fast but if i really punch it in the GT2 I think the GT2 will win. the car is more than a second faster than my tesla to 60mph.

Originally Posted by jwong77
Wow!!! I remember that feeling of the first time seeing my Porsche come out of the back of a trailer like that too, enjoy!
yes! that was quite an experience. it happened to be in the morning when a lot of people in neighborhood were driving their kids to school. that was a lot of unintended attention
Old 10-05-21, 04:13 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Although an LFA would have been magnificent I agree the prices have gone up big time in this current market.

Having said that Henry let me just say "phenomenal choice!" And to find one with the Weissach Package is quite special. I know these cars fairly well as I'm lucky enough to have 2 friends that have these (1 with Weissach Package and 1 without) and they are just phenomenal 700hp joyful driver's cars. OH and as for the PDK, as much as I love a manual... the PDK can make you forget it as quick as the PDK is quicker

Enjoy it in good health, so happy for you!! Wish I was in Cali and could come by and see it.
Old 10-05-21, 04:34 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts

Congratulations on your new car! It looks incredible! This is one of my favorite cars out right now. The giant wing is so cool!
Old 10-05-21, 05:51 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow, just wow!! Congrats on your new toy. You got the ultimate toy that most of us Club Lexus boys want. Enjoy it buddy!
Old 10-05-21, 09:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TripleL
Although an LFA would have been magnificent I agree the prices have gone up big time in this current market.

Having said that Henry let me just say "phenomenal choice!" And to find one with the Weissach Package is quite special. I know these cars fairly well as I'm lucky enough to have 2 friends that have these (1 with Weissach Package and 1 without) and they are just phenomenal 700hp joyful driver's cars. OH and as for the PDK, as much as I love a manual... the PDK can make you forget it as quick as the PDK is quicker

Enjoy it in good health, so happy for you!! Wish I was in Cali and could come by and see it.
yeah, that's life. LFA has been my dream car since a decade ago but looks like it's stepping further away

yes, weissach package was a must. i wish the car had the magnesium wheels as well but some of those cars are asking for crazy money.

between PDK and manual, i guess it's always a toss and never ending debate. when it comes to performance no one can beat PDK, period. but if someone doesn't care about track time and want to have a more engaging / driving experience, i can see how manual can be more fun. maybe down the road that will be another excuse to the wife to get a manual car?
Old 10-05-21, 09:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

With a car like this, when do you plan to take it to Laguna Seca? Wait til next year?
Old 10-05-21, 10:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

come on, i just live red light to red light!
Old 10-05-21, 10:42 AM
Bob04
Lead Lap

Received 271 Likes on 195 Posts

Can't hide money, as my grandma would say. Very nice.
Old 10-05-21, 12:59 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah, that's life. LFA has been my dream car since a decade ago but looks like it's stepping further away

yes, weissach package was a must. i wish the car had the magnesium wheels as well but some of those cars are asking for crazy money.

between PDK and manual, i guess it's always a toss and never ending debate. when it comes to performance no one can beat PDK, period. but if someone doesn't care about track time and want to have a more engaging / driving experience, i can see how manual can be more fun. maybe down the road that will be another excuse to the wife to get a manual car?
Will keep an eye our for Magnesium Wheels but seeing them available is a rare sight indeed. We have a member that bought a set for his Speedster after he took delivery and they do look quite nice! Agree 100% with your PDK/manual statement as you summed it up perfectly to me. Look forward to your thoughts as you go down the road
Old 10-05-21, 01:01 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,631 Likes on 1,038 Posts

Congratulations! That car is STUNNING!
Old 10-05-21, 01:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Congratulations man! Enjoy it in good health. Living! I love it.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations, Henry. Like Steve's S560, thats a LOT of new vehicle.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more vehicle lol
Old 10-05-21, 02:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 322 Likes on 197 Posts

Congrats on the awesome beast Henry!!! Simply stunning!!👍👍👍🙂🙂
Old 10-05-21, 04:27 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Buy me a plane ticket and give me a place to sleep and I will come do the coating for freeeeeeeee. Drool.

Congrats sir, Purchase of a lifetime right there.
Old 10-05-21, 05:30 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

are you gonna track it??

Quick Reply: New Toy: Porsche 911 GT2 RS