Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

List of cars with most reckless driving infractions full of surprises

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-21, 12:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
definitely some surprises here lol, are there even enough isuzu rodeos in existence to be on such a list?

If you remember, the 1Gen Honda Passport was a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo....although there were a lot fewer of them built and sold, which is probably why they don't appear on the list. Back then, until Honda introduced their own first SUV (the CR-V), they essentially had a business-agreement with Isuzu...Honda would get the Rodeo and Trooper to sell as the Passport and Acura SLX, and Isuzu would get rebadged Civics to sell in Japan as their I-Mark sedan/coupe.

also idk how the 2010+ grand cherokee didn't make it
In general, JGCs tend to be driven by mature, careful drivers....although the few SRT versions with the Hemis and lowered/sport-suspensions may (?) be exceptions.
Old 10-15-21, 12:23 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

All teslas? really I usually though Tesla drivers are more education and the Prius loving crowd hence not as reckless as driving

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Good list, Fizzboy. Looks quite reasonable.

I don't see many Kia sedans, like your Optima and Forte, driving aggressively here in the D.C. area, but in CA, it could be another story.
Old 10-15-21, 12:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
All teslas? really I usually though Tesla drivers are more education and the Prius loving crowd hence not as reckless as driving

Teslas have extreme torque, particularly at low RPMs, and can be a temptation for immature or aggressive drivers.
Old 10-15-21, 12:31 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
That is not even a pic of a K1500.
List is highly geographic.
Here is mine for suburban southern CA:

1) Dodge Charger
2) Infiniti G35/Q50
3) BMW 3
4) Dodge Challenger
5) Camaro
6) Mustang
7) All Teslas
8) Subaru Impreza/WRX
9) Kia Optima
10) Kia Forte
I live in so-cal too and this is a good list. You left out Ford Raptor drivers... they do some crazy highway stunts

I don't think Tesla driver are particularly aggressive, they just tend to drive fast or accelerate fast because its the natural state of the car. Also, I find Accord 2L drivers somewhat aggressive too...surprising given how slow that car is
Old 10-15-21, 10:37 PM
Carfan94
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I live in Memphis and this list looks incredibly inaccurate

here is MY list.

1. Nissan Altima
2. Infiniti G35/37
3. Chevy Malibu
4. Nissan Maxima
5. Kia Forte
6. Hyundai Sonata
7. Kia Optima
8. Hyundai Elantra
9. Dodge Charger
10. Dodge Challenger

Honorable mention Ford Mustang, Dodge Avenger and Nissan Sentra. Many of the above vehicles have pre-existing damage and unpainted body panels, paper tags (many fake) making them even scarier to drive around. And after dark many of them drive with their brights on. Nissan Altima is by FAR the #1 offender there's even memes about it on Memphis forums.

The bad drivers in muscle cars and RWD Infinitis like to drag race in the middle of the night and do donuts at intersections. It is becoming a BIG problem in Memphis and the police are not doing much to put an end to it.

Anyway back to the list. I find it weird the Isuzu Rodeo and Saturn L200 ended up there considering those vehicles ceased being made after 2005. And are very rare and old now. Especially the Saturn L which was an Opel Vectra with plastic body panels, They weren't very common when new and they have all been trashed and scrapped by now, at least where I live.