Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus's new F performance structure

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-21, 03:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
What stuff?!
All i see are empty words without products.

The proper thing is to have each variant lined up and say here is the different levels of F brand. So far its more confusion than anything else.
yes, that is how you start... you build a fleet of 30 models and you present it all together at once.

Funny.

F-Sport models have been very successful for Lexus, so they are expanding the offering by adding more options - ones with better handling and better performance, together with appearance package only, according to their PR, bigger lineup will start with NX and LX.

If you were actually interested in buying Lexus products, what is there not to like? You wouldnt want options? ehm?
Old 11-04-21, 03:50 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
We have? We asked for badges and confusion or did we ask for new models and powertrains?
Perhaps he means that people have been asking for Lexus to be more like the Germans, and they did just that with the pointless badging.
Old 11-04-21, 03:57 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

We have? We asked for badges and confusion or did we ask for new models and powertrains?
i dont know what you have asked for personally, but yeah, number #1 complaint has been always having options, not single spec models. This expands their offering a lot by adding separate options for design, handling and power.

A lot of people buy F-Sport models right now, and from NX and LX they will have more options to do so... if anything, it also tells us that they will provide higher spec power options for these vehicles as well. Like what they did with IS500, literally.
Old 11-04-21, 04:03 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
i dont know what you have asked for personally, but yeah, number #1 complaint has been always having options, not single spec models. This expands their offering a lot by adding separate options for design, handling and power.
Introducing more badges =/= introducing more products for the badges.

All this is is just a reorganization of the F nomenclature, not a promise to make an RX-F.
Old 11-04-21, 05:41 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

yes, that is how you start... you build a fleet of 30 models and you present it all together at once.

Funny.

F-Sport models have been very successful for Lexus, so they are expanding the offering by adding more options - ones with better handling and better performance, together with appearance package only, according to their PR, bigger lineup will start with NX and LX.

If you were actually interested in buying Lexus products, what is there not to like? You wouldnt want options? ehm?
No just 4 models at the very least.
1 for each level - they don’t even have that nor do the offer any F variant of the LC which is their top model and only coupe/convertible variant. That is unacceptable.

I’m all for Lexus offering MORE Fsport models. I just find it strange they make these announcements but have no new products to back them up……we already know what happened to LC-F, V8tt, and many other disappointments.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 11-04-21 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-04-21, 05:52 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Just went on the new NX configurator and only the "F Sport Handling" package is available. So no, this is not some expansion of the F line options, just a different badging nomenclature like I said before.

Old 11-04-21, 08:06 PM
gor134
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F Sport Handling on both but only the 350 gets "F Sport-Tuned" Adaptive Variable Suspension? Confusing kinda
Old 11-04-21, 08:06 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

A lot of people buy F-Sport models right now, and from NX and LX they will have more options to do so... if anything, it also tells us that they will provide higher spec power options for these vehicles as well. Like what they did with IS500, literally.
So offering more badges solves that? They should have offered the tundras hybrid along with the LX introduction if they were serious.
Old 11-05-21, 05:32 PM
Rommelromm
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I’m gonna have some hope and say this means that the LC F, IS F, and LS F are all really coming.
Old 11-05-21, 06:01 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Rommelromm
I’m gonna have some hope and say this means that the LC F, IS F, and LS F are all really coming.
The Tundra's hybrid powertrain is certainly a prelude of things to come performance wise. Just needs another 150hp or so.
Old 11-06-21, 10:47 AM
Lead Lap

Received 785 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by gor134
F Sport Handling on both but only the 350 gets "F Sport-Tuned" Adaptive Variable Suspension? Confusing kinda
just image the questions you’ll get asked when trying to sell the car.

“hey bro, does it come with AVS ?”

”it should , it’s a f sport handling”

”but your photo of the engine bay doesn’t show the actuators on top of the dampers”

furiously digs out the paperwork, reads the 9 point fonts - oh crap, I brought the wrong model 5 years ago”
Old 11-08-21, 08:12 AM
sorptd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Tundra's hybrid powertrain is certainly a prelude of things to come performance wise. Just needs another 150hp or so.
Yes it will be interesting to see if they use that engine or its variations in other applications. I was expecting to see that powertrain in the new LX. If I am not mistaken this is the first Toyota hybrid which uses a conventional 10 speed AT which should be a good fit for high performance vehicles. The power & torque figures are very impressive.