Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SRT Web Site

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 08:28 AM
Slytimus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Web Site

I'm curious. I know SRT is in business as has been for some time. They recently had a meet on September 28th I believe. However, their web site seems to have many invalid links. Does anybody know who maintains the site? As a CL member that hears so many good things about SRT it would be nice to be able to go to their web site and reliably get additional information. This is by no means a knock on SRT but their web site hasn't seemed to change in quite a while. Maybe they're too busy making all those car mods!
Old 10-03-03, 08:30 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their site has been like that since I have been on here, wouldn't worry about it
Old 10-03-03, 08:57 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Re: SRT Web Site

Originally posted by Slytimus
I'm curious. I know SRT is in business as has been for some time. They recently had a meet on September 28th I believe. However, their web site seems to have many invalid links. Does anybody know who maintains the site? As a CL member that hears so many good things about SRT it would be nice to be able to go to their web site and reliably get additional information. This is by no means a knock on SRT but their web site hasn't seemed to change in quite a while. Maybe they're too busy making all those car mods!
Does anyone here on CL have any close contacts at SRT? I could make them a pitch to improve their website.

My company does that among other things programming related. Anyone of you saw the site my company created for the recent Tail of the Dragon meet in NC? (hint, hint)

Please PM me if anyone can get me in the door!
Old 10-03-03, 09:51 AM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mo is not a marketing guy

Hameed, while I’m sure that your offer would benefit SRT, in my opinion Mo must be satisfied with his business volume as it is since he doesn’t seem to persue many of the marketing opportunities that have been available to him.

Now, that’s not necessarily a knock on Mo. He’s done a good of creating products that address a need. SRT just doesn’t seem to be able to parlay the product into its potential. And let me also say that I don’t know him personally – I’ve spoken briefly with him when buying my intake. And I’ve spoken and corresponded with Marken (lexlyf) a few times, so these are just my opinions based on what I’ve seen over the past couple of years on CL.

The website is just a symptom. Practically everybody interested in a SRT product is going to go there to learn more about the products and the company. Jpa2400’s right, I haven’t seen any noticeable changes to it for eons. For some reason, Mo seemed to be reluctant to participate in the tests that Ethan held some time ago. He seems to be more interested in developing a product (like the GS4 SC), installing a few in his shop, and moving on – marketing isn’t necessary (yeah, right). If there is any appreciable marketing going on - I haven't seen it.

I say all of this in the spirit of constructive critisism, I’d like to see SRT do well, Mo may be a “genius” technically, but SRT won't ever see their potential without more effective marketing. The website would be a start.

My .02 cents worth.

Last edited by garnet92; 10-03-03 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-03-03, 09:54 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts
Default Re: Mo is not a marketing guy

Originally posted by garnet92
Hameed, while I’m sure that your offer would benefit SRT, in my opinion Mo must be satisfied with his business volume as it is since he doesn’t seem to persue many of the marketing opportunities that have been available to him.
Thanks for the heads up garnet! Perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree................
Old 10-03-03, 11:13 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could try and call them. Both Mo and Marken are very friendly people.

In my opinion, garnet is somewhat right. Everytime I visit, it doesn't seem like they are running low on customers. There are usually 5 to 10 customer cars lined up somewhere waiting to have work done.

They just dyno'd one of their cars at around 720 hp and 600 tq. Word of mouth is basically the majority of SRT's advertisement.

Also, they have a bigger presence on www.is300.net. Check out the Go Fast forums.