Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-21, 03:12 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Default 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)

Some spyshots from TFL:

Old 08-20-21, 04:10 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

UGHHHHHHH. It's been like 40 years since a redesign and this is still all we get???
Old 08-21-21, 05:36 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
UGHHHHHHH. It's been like 40 years since a redesign and this is still all we get???
Ha. Not much to see in those pics. I was all excited that is was released….but they are just spy pics that could be anything.

Did you know there was no 2012 model year of your generation LX? In went from 2008-2011 then 2013-present.
Old 08-21-21, 08:15 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really not sure how Lexus wants to position this as it's flaghship vehicle. This thing will compete with GLS and X8 and outlook doesn't seam that good. We can always bring in Escalade and Lincoln into the picture but that's not what Lexus should aim for at all. But more importantly can a Lexus get bespoke vehicle once again? Last one was in 2017.
Old 08-21-21, 08:32 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

hard to understand your reaction when the car is entirely covered in camouflage.

When you say all we get, do you mean because it appears to be so similar to today's model?
Old 08-21-21, 08:46 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

You can’t tell much from the pics. I am hopeful that the next LX will be a step up. Nothing wrong with the current LX, but does not compete well.

I am all for whatever will increase sales. It is hard to believe the LX is so low in sales, when SUV sales are through the roof. If Lexus does not hit a home run with the next LX, then not sure what to say. They have had since 2008 to design the replacement.

I will be in the market for a full size SUV, so a lot of interest in the next LX and Sequoia.
Old 08-21-21, 09:50 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Ha. Not much to see in those pics. I was all excited that is was released….but they are just spy pics that could be anything.

Did you know there was no 2012 model year of your generation LX? In went from 2008-2011 then 2013-present.
Nope, did not know that!

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
hard to understand your reaction when the car is entirely covered in camouflage.

When you say all we get, do you mean because it appears to be so similar to today's model?
Lol I'm complaining because it's camouflaged. I agree though, it doesn't look too radically different disguised.

I mean "all we get" is I wanna 100% see this thing.
Old 08-21-21, 09:57 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Nope, did not know that!
yes, 2012 Land Cruiser, Sequoia and LX570 never existed in the states.
Old 08-22-21, 07:37 AM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mbarron37
I am all for whatever will increase sales. It is hard to believe the LX is so low in sales, when SUV sales are through the roof.
Sales will go up for the sole reason that it no longer has to compete with the Land Cruiser. But unless it starts showing up in rap videos like the Escalade and G-Wagen, the new LX isn't going to draw in a larger crowd since it'll be very similar to the outgoing model. The market for BOF 3-row luxury SUV's is pretty small to begin with.
Old 08-22-21, 07:59 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Originally Posted by Motorola
Sales will go up for the sole reason that it no longer has to compete with the Land Cruiser. But unless it starts showing up in rap videos like the Escalade and G-Wagen, the new LX isn't going to draw in a larger crowd since it'll be very similar to the outgoing model. The market for BOF 3-row luxury SUV's is pretty small to begin with.
Agreed, but does the LX need to be BOF? I think a lot of potential buyers are just looking for a large SUV from Lexus that is up-to-date and rides nice. Maybe they just need to fully separate the LX from the Landcruiser.

Sales have been so low for the LX and Sequoia, but that is a function of such old models. They need to redesign these SUVs a little sooner. Still, I am excited to see what they deliver.

Old 08-22-21, 08:01 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Motorola
Sales will go up for the sole reason that it no longer has to compete with the Land Cruiser..
I don't think it really did. People either want the Toyota to slip a little under the radar (though any car person knows about LCs) or the Lexus with much more luxury. I'm guessing most owners know the LC is an LX and vice versa.

Lately I've been seeing more LCs around town than LXs. I swear 1/2 of the LCs they do sell end up here, lol.
Old 08-24-21, 04:17 PM
timmy0tool

Received 422 Likes on 376 Posts

at least we still get a land cruiser albeit in lexus trimmings!

wonder why the land cruiser and LX are still 6-lug when the tundra/sequoias are all big 5-lug nowadays...world market vs domestic market?
Old 08-24-21, 05:08 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Agreed, but does the LX need to be BOF? I think a lot of potential buyers are just looking for a large SUV from Lexus that is up-to-date and rides nice. Maybe they just need to fully separate the LX from the Landcruiser.

I'm not directing this specifically to you, but you have to own one of these to understand. Cult vehicles. I would never drive anything else after my LX purchase. LC/LXs I see we most of the time wave at each other. It's trucky but in the most refined way you can possibly imagine. It's the only expensive SUV where durability and capability are unmatched. Having the ability to do all of this stuff is part of the luxury. I just found a dirt road and went mudding yesterday. I even caught air for a second. Truck doesn't even phase. Got right back on the road after like nothing happened, lol.

There is a rumored LQ crossover hopefully coming ($100k plus) that probably would check your boxes, and many others too. I'm sure I'd love it too but crossovers in general aren't my favorite.
Old 08-24-21, 05:29 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

I'm not directing this specifically to you, but you have to own one of these to understand. Cult vehicles. I would never drive anything else after my LX purchase. LC/LXs I see we most of the time wave at each other. It's trucky but in the most refined way you can possibly imagine. It's the only expensive SUV where durability and capability are unmatched. Having the ability to do all of this stuff is part of the luxury. I just found a dirt road and went mudding yesterday. I even caught air for a second. Truck doesn't even phase. Got right back on the road after like nothing happened, lol.

There is a rumored LQ crossover hopefully coming ($100k plus) that probably would check your boxes, and many others too. I'm sure I'd love it too but crossovers in general aren't my favorite.
True, but something needs to be done to increase sales of the LX. Lexus should be selling 3x the amount of LXs. The poor sales are possibly due to long intervals between redesigns plus their inability to adapt to customer preferences. The ancient Sequoia outsells the LX and LC combined (or at least they used to).

I am definitely excited to see the next generation LX, hopefully they don’t screw it up (like the LS).

Old 08-24-21, 05:42 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

True, but something needs to be done to increase sales of the LX. Lexus should be selling 3x the amount of LXs. The poor sales are possibly due to long intervals between redesigns plus their inability to adapt to customer preferences. The ancient Sequoia outsells the LX and LC combined (or at least they used to).
I think Lexus is wholly satisfied with the LX sales numbers and so is Toyota with LC sales. This is been debated. Toyota has ZERO problem selling LC200, in the US is just for pure profit. They load them up into luxury vehicles and cash in. LC200s are everywhere around the world. In Australia alone they sell 40k a year. If you watch the news and see what's going on in Afghanistan, I have noticed at least dozen LC200s in all that turmoil. They are much more basic, but the platform is the same. They sell in big, big numbers in other markets.

I am definitely excited to see the next generation LX, hopefully they don’t screw it up (like the LS).
Same here! I hope they bring that super high end LQ crossover to market, too. Now, that vehicle I think Lexus will want a lion's share of the market with and if it's good enough they just might get it.

Agree on LS, as an LS430 owner it's a f'n disaster.

Quick Reply: 2022 Lexus LX600 (4th gen)