Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus will be all-EV brand by 2030, introduces entire future lineup

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-21, 07:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Get rid of cars in NYC, problem solved! In such a densely populated city with a decent public transportation system, why are cars even used for getting around?
exactly right. at a certain population density, cars simply don't make sense. for commuting within the city, use a taxi/uber/scooter/bike/subway/bus/walk combo. for travel beyond city limits, commute to a place you can rent a car, or take a plane/train/bus.

Change is always challenging for everyone and public infrastructure, but one day we will all look back at fossil fuel burning cars the same way that we don't even consider having a horse and wagon to get around. 🙂
i think that day is decades away.
Old 12-17-21, 08:26 AM
sorptd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting article on Lexus Enthusiast. Seems there was teaser image of next gen - LS in the big announcement last week for electrification

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2021/12/...s-ls-teased-2/
Old 12-17-21, 09:38 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 188 Posts

Get rid of cars in NYC, problem solved! In such a densely populated city with a decent public transportation system, why are cars even used for getting around?
Because people would rather ride in them than the disgusting, ghetto, dangerous subway, and that's just what many New Yorkers do. I still can't swallow people telling others what they need or don't need.
Old 12-17-21, 09:48 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
Because people would rather ride in them than the disgusting, ghetto, dangerous subway, and that's just what many New Yorkers do. I still can't swallow people telling others what they need or don't need.
Who is telling you what you need or don't need?
Old 12-17-21, 09:49 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by sorptd
Very interesting article on Lexus Enthusiast. Seems there was teaser image of next gen - LS in the big announcement last week for electrification

That is a great catch. Looks like Lexus hasn't given up on RWD based sports sedans like the LS and IS.
Old 12-17-21, 10:14 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I still can't swallow people telling others what they need or don't need.
Yeah, telling people they can't drive in the NYC is dumb as nails. There would a huge economic side effects as well as NYC is such an important city to the US and for the world. Having the option of both battery electric and hydrogen ICE/FC is the perfect solution for everyone if they want clean air.
Old 12-17-21, 11:01 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Who is telling you what you need or don't need?
You are... See below.

I would be edgy if in NY area right now. I wouldn't want to use the subway (in general not, but now especially). Wouldn't want to walk around at night in NYC either anymore, would hire a car/cab. Hopefully this is just temporary until....um.... things get fixed.

Last edited by AJT123; 12-17-21 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-17-21, 11:28 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Change is always challenging for everyone and public infrastructure, but one day we will all look back at fossil fuel burning cars the same way that we don't even consider having a horse and wagon to get around. 🙂
This is the line of nonsense bike advocates who want to install bike lanes everywhere in NYC use. Once they get their way, they complain it's not protected or paved the right way.

I suppose I could ride my bike and have my 84 yo mother hop on the back every time she has a doctors appointment.

I take a public bus to get to work everyday but other times I'd rather not use anything other than my car. I also won't be calling an Uber to pick me up from the Costco parking lot either. There are a million reasons to own a car in NYC and other heavily populated cities.

Going back to EVs, as I mentioned earlier, I can't just run a charging wire across the sidewalk to my car from the house. Not every private house has a convenient parking option. Worse for apartment buildings.
Old 12-17-21, 12:07 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sorptd

That's not the LS. That's an early render for the IS-sized EV, which gets replaced with a more finalized render later on.

Old 12-17-21, 01:05 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

You are... See below.

I would be edgy if in NY area right now. I wouldn't want to use the subway (in general not, but now especially). Wouldn't want to walk around at night in NYC either anymore, would hire a car/cab. Hopefully this is just temporary until....um.... things get fixed.
It was my personal opinion - get rid of personal cars. I didn't suggest that you or anyone be forced to stop using a personal car.

Originally Posted by SC300Es
This is the line of nonsense bike advocates who want to install bike lanes everywhere in NYC use. Once they get their way, they complain it's not protected or paved the right way.

I suppose I could ride my bike and have my 84 yo mother hop on the back every time she has a doctors appointment.

I take a public bus to get to work everyday but other times I'd rather not use anything other than my car. I also won't be calling an Uber to pick me up from the Costco parking lot either. There are a million reasons to own a car in NYC and other heavily populated cities.
Rather than saying you disagree with my personal opinion, you resorted to telling me my statement is full of nonsense.

​​​​​​​Why don't we all just chill and be a tad more mature in our exchanges on a public forum such as this instead of these very personal and degrading comments that serve no purpose?
Old 12-17-21, 01:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by peteharvey
Why does the second BEV have such an unfashionably long nose cone like an ICEV front mid-engine vehicle?
Agree, i wrote same previously.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Not sure the point of the giant long front hood when it's electric. maybe no trunk.
For looks? Jaguar E type?
True that form doesn't have to follow function.
​​​​​​​
Old 12-17-21, 02:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Not sure the point of the giant long front hood when it's electric.
As I pointed out in another thread, all else equal, the more structure and more metal you have in the front end, the more crush-space you will have for impact-protection.
Old 12-17-21, 03:02 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

It was my personal opinion - get rid of personal cars. I didn't suggest that you or anyone be forced to stop using a personal car.
Right but "getting rid of personal cars" infers you want them gone and would rather see NYC without them.

It's pointless to split hairs, I got your point.
Old 12-17-21, 03:12 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I don't live in NYC but I would literally go down fighting with firearms if anyone ever tried to take my vehicles away from me, lol.
Old 12-17-21, 03:55 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I love(d) NYC, but there are so many issues here, trying to fix them is just a lost cause. Driving a personal car around is just torture, the traffics are beyond insane. The subway is filthy and constantly broken, and ridden with crime. My mom was attacked in a subway car by a drug addicted subhuman trash, suffered a concussion, and could barely walk for two weeks after. She told her employer she refuses to come to the office anymore, and will only work from home. The city is dying and turning into third world, it's better to gtho if you can.

Quick Reply: Lexus will be all-EV brand by 2030, introduces entire future lineup