Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

anyone else not excited about any new non-EV vehicles these days?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-21 | 02:53 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
I'm mostly for banning NJ drivers from driving into NY, or in fact just ban them from driving anywhere. I don't think anyone could oppose this.
Maybe NJ drivers?
Old 12-21-21 | 02:56 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Back to the thread topic and the question of whether there are any current ICE cars out there that appeal to me... I'm a little surprised as I really can't think of any, at least at my price point. The only one I can honestly think of is the LC500. With the demise of the GS, there isn't another Lexus other than the LC that appeals to me right now. I don't care for the styling of either MB or BMW. I do like some Audis, so I could consider those, so perhaps an A6. Other than the Tundra, I can't think of anything from Toyota I really want right now. I'm not keen on the direction Genesis has went. Nothing excites me from Infiniti or Acura. Maybe a C8? I could rock one of those but would perhaps be more inclined to find a lightly used C7 with the manual transmission.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by Och
I dont think we can have a full fledged discussion of EVs without bringing in politics and debate when the governments across the world are setting constraints for automakers to stop ICE production and go full EV.
Then pick and choose carefully what you post so it doesn't become a political discussion or debate. If you (or anyone) thinks you can't do that, simply don't post. You'll get the boot from the thread, posts will be removed with warnings / infractions or the thread will be locked.

Rules are clear and simple to follow by not posting if you can't navigate this. No politics.
Old 12-21-21 | 03:08 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
I dont think we can have a full fledged discussion of EVs without bringing in politics and debate when the governments across the world are setting constraints for automakers to stop ICE production and go full EV.
I think we can. Every discussion of EVs doesnt have to devolve into a political discussion.
Old 12-21-21 | 03:15 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I think we can. Every discussion of EVs doesnt have to devolve into a political discussion.
It would be a neutered discussion, but I don't make the rules.
Old 12-21-21 | 03:18 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Agreed. Politics has nothing to do with EV ownership and should have nothing to do with it. ICE technology has reached its peak, pure and simple. Time to put away those flip phones and move on
Old 12-21-21 | 03:22 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

The thread topic was about ICE vehicles anyway...
Old 12-21-21 | 03:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
It would be a neutered discussion, but I don't make the rules.
The issue is that like with the debate forum, we are never going to agree on the politics side...but we can discuss EV cars as enthusiasts and have an enjoyable and enlightening discussion.
Old 12-21-21 | 03:34 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

The issue is that like with the debate forum, we are never going to agree on the politics side...but we can discuss EV cars as enthusiasts and have an enjoyable and enlightening discussion.
Other words, if you can't beat them, join them?
Old 12-21-21 | 03:39 PM
ninetwo
Pit Crew

I haven't driven an EV yet but I'm not excited for them at all. I guess there are lot of other cars I haven't gotten to drive that I'm a lot more interested in. I'm stuck on whats already been made rather than whats coming in the future.
Old 12-21-21 | 03:40 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
Other words, if you can't beat them, join them?
That seems to be the problem with anti-EV people, you guys have this weird fetish that you are being forced to like and own an EV and that EV people have some kind of cult where we conspire with automakers. It's hilarious
Old 12-21-21 | 03:42 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ninetwo
I haven't driven an EV yet but I'm not excited for them at all. I guess there are lot of other cars I haven't gotten to drive that I'm a lot more interested in. I'm stuck on whats already been made rather than whats coming in the future.
And nobody is upset at you about that. I only get irritated when people who know nothing about EV's spout misinformation. It's perfectly fine not to want an EV
Old 12-21-21 | 04:09 PM
ATLHeel350
Pit Crew

The ICE car that excites me the most lately is the GT4RS. That car is amazing.

I am looking forward to getting an EV. Not interested in anything out today. But so may EVs are coming. It is an exciting time. My plan is to keep my LC500C as my ICE car and buy an EV for daily driving.

Another option is to buy my wife the EV and keep both of my ICE sports cars 😀. I might have to work in that a bit.
Old 12-21-21 | 04:15 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ATLHeel350

I am looking forward to getting an EV. Not interested in anything out today. But so may EVs are coming. It is an exciting time. My plan is to keep my LC500C as my ICE car and buy an EV for daily driving.

Another option is to buy my wife the EV and keep both of my ICE sports cars 😀. I might have to work in that a bit.
LC500C is a keeper! If I had one I would keep it as a weekend/trip car and use the EV as a daily commute car
Old 12-21-21 | 06:18 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ATLHeel350

Very sensible plan and i hope to do the same over the next 5-10yrs. Right now narrowing down my ICE keeper cars lol.

Hopefully there will be an EV that appeals to me in terms of design, performance and value for DD duty. Right now nothing speaks to me or meets those qualifications.

Quick Reply: anyone else not excited about any new non-EV vehicles these days?