Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

anyone else not excited about any new non-EV vehicles these days?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-21 | 02:10 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Och
There is another reason why so many of us loathe electric vehicles, and its has to do not so much with the vehicles themselves but with the type of people they seem to attract. There are a bunch of EV fluffers all over the internet (EZZ, not you, you're cool ) that dream of the govt banning ICE cars, their desperation to have power over other people is absolutely pathetic and repulsive.
100% agreed.

Let there be EVs, hybrids and whatever else. But don’t ban stuff that most people enjoy and force them to buy EVs. Most of these folks make fun of anyone using a drop of gas yet they live in huge houses, fly on airplanes etc but just bec they drive a EV they feel superior. Don’t get me started on the custom plates these folks have, talk about self centered.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I have to give you a thumbs up these responses
Why thank you.

Originally Posted by Och
I too have plenty of friends who are car enthusiasts, none care for the EVs.
That's because they're all in the Mongolia.

Originally Posted by EZZ
Not a fan of the bans at all. Let the market decide the fate of ICE. I'm a capitalist at heart
And you drive a minivan too don't you?
Old 12-21-21 | 02:12 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EZZ
Not a fan of the bans at all. Let the market decide the fate of ICE. I'm a capitalist at heart
No problem with free markets deciding fate of ICEs, but not when the government agenda is forcing the markets hand.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:14 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Why thank you. That's because they're all in the Mongolia. And you drive a minivan too don't you?
I actually love my minivan beater. My guilt pleasure
Old 12-21-21 | 02:14 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
100% agreed.

Let there be EVs, hybrids and whatever else. But don’t ban stuff that most people enjoy and force them to buy EVs. Most of these folks make fun of anyone using a drop of gas yet they live in huge houses, fly on airplanes etc but just bec they drive a EV they feel superior. Don’t get me started on the custom plates these folks have, talk about self centered.
Is there anything more cringe than personalized plates?
Old 12-21-21 | 02:18 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
Oh, you mean like this one?

Old 12-21-21 | 02:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Pedestrians and cyclists already have priority over cars, the issue is most drivers do not respect the right of way of other road users. Apples and oranges.
I dont agree. You have advocated for banning private use vehicles repeatedly on this forum. You can't turn around and say you are affronted by people who advocate for the ban of ICE vehicles when you yourself have advocated for the ban of ALL private use vehicles in certain areas. Either you dont believe vehicles should be banned or you do...in reality you do support the government's power to ban things, but only when they are things you don't like. Everybody has the freedom to live and do whatever they want, as long as its how you want them to live and what you want them to have and not have.

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Nobody here is saying ICE vehicles should be banned, but the reality is all the R&D is going into EVs and those sorts of bans in some situations are a foregone conclusion. Hence why bit commented that no new ICE vehicles interested him...because all the development energy is going into EVs.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
i got my company name for my suv plate, something i've wanted for years. Cringe away.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:33 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

i got my company name for my suv plate, something i've wanted for years. Cringe away.
License plate should not be easy to remember, if possible it should be obscured in case you have to get away from the cops.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:34 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I bet they have no problem with this one

Old 12-21-21 | 02:35 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I dont agree. You have advocated for banning private use vehicles repeatedly on this forum. You can't turn around and say you are affronted by people who advocate for the ban of ICE vehicles when you yourself have advocated for the ban of ALL private use vehicles in certain areas. Either you dont believe vehicles should be banned or you do...in reality you do support the government's power to ban things, but only when they are things you don't like. Everybody has the freedom to live and do whatever they want, as long as its how you want them to live and what you want them to have and not have.
I'm mostly for banning NJ drivers from driving into NY, or in fact just ban them from driving anywhere. I don't think anyone could oppose this.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:40 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW17LS

Nobody here is saying ICE vehicles should be banned, but the reality is all the R&D is going into EVs and those sorts of bans in some situations are a foregone conclusion. Hence why bit commented that no new ICE vehicles interested him...because all the development energy is going into EVs.
Maybe Nobody here on CL but the major governments around the world have decided.
China will stand to benefit the most.

Get ready to for huge shift in wealth distribution even more than when manufacturing went away.

This is all being done to create $$$ not for environment or for benefit of average consumers.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Let's get back to the vehicles and away from the politics and debate content folks.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:46 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Why do some people think EVs need to be forced into the market? Rebates are long gone for the top EV makers and they still can't make them fast enough.
Old 12-21-21 | 02:49 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Let's get back to the vehicles and away from the politics and debate content folks.
I dont think we can have a full fledged discussion of EVs without bringing in politics and debate when the governments across the world are setting constraints for automakers to stop ICE production and go full EV.

Quick Reply: anyone else not excited about any new non-EV vehicles these days?