Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

France requires car ads to promote walking, biking, riding a bus

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-22, 04:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
Ah ah but you see you wouldn't like it with half the power, you would need to get the engine into the harsh ranges FAR more often if you have a weaker engine.
Ordinarily that would be the case, but you asked about MY engine. It reaches max torque (and max unrefinement) around 2000 RPM.

I agree that gen ES is great, all the ES gens gen after that are very close power/performance wise.....also a bit of an issue in and of itself since that's 15 years of same old same old.
Power-wise, the later ES models have more spunk under the hood, but IMO are not as well built, plush inside or refined.
Old 01-04-22, 04:18 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been to Paris in 2010, word is since then it got a lot worse. I enjoyed my stay, and I did notice the air quality was substantially worse than here in the US - back then a lot of European cars were traditional diesel, and you could smell it in the air.
Old 01-04-22, 04:24 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,225 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Ordinarily that would be the case, but you asked about MY engine. It reaches max torque (and max unrefinement) around 2000 RPM.

Power-wise, the later ES models have more spunk under the hood, but IMO are not as well built, plush inside or refined.
Yes, your engine with half the power. It would need to rev more to get you moving the same as the current normal you now use.

You can likely accelerate the same as my "normal" in my 460 but you will be maxing out the engine to do so while I'm only at 3700. That induces more NHV and nosier operation and less luxury.

Power makes a huge difference
Old 01-05-22, 08:44 AM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 253 Likes on 191 Posts

Mars needs to tell French consumers to eat five portions of fruits and vegetables daily when it promotes its Snickers bar.
Keto isn't a thing, I guess.

Anyways, the government in France is... well, it has a reputation, especially amongst the locals :P