Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Arnold Schwarzeneggar involved in four-vehicle pileup in Los Angeles.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-22, 11:18 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

(1/21/22) 6:40 PM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, they believe the accident was Arnold's fault. They say he was turning left but there was a left turn arrow that was still red. Arnold was not ticketed.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/arnol...-suv-injuries/

pretty terrible for the prius driver.
Old 01-23-22, 11:20 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

seems he turned left when the arrow was red and she was coming the other direction and so his giant suv just ran right up the hood of her car.
Old 01-23-22, 11:21 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

i think someone mentioned another car in the crash was a cayenne... looks like a taycan to me.

Old 01-23-22, 11:29 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't see how this:

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
(1/21/22) 6:40 PM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, they believe the accident was Arnold's fault. They say he was turning left but there was a left turn arrow that was still red. Arnold was not ticketed.https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/arnol...-suv-injuries/
Results in this:
i think someone mentioned another car in the crash was a cayenne... looks like a taycan to me.

Old 01-23-22, 11:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
The Prius involved in this crash was a 2Gen that you have been impressed with.
Yes, I was more impressed with the 2Gen than the 3 or 4Gen, but the 2Gen was not necessary a tank, either. It did, however, have a little more solid sheet metal, though...perhaps (?) the difference between that woman going to the hospital with a small head injury or a much more serious one.
Old 01-23-22, 11:50 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I am not sure TMZ has any idea of what is going on. When I read “law enforcement sources” say this….who said it specifically? If nobody is willing to put their name it …. Then it is not a real source.
Old 01-23-22, 01:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,961 Posts

as a celebrity, he'll probably get off with no punishment, and settle everything quietly.
Nobody would be seriously punished for this accident. He'll get a ticket and that'll be it.
Old 01-23-22, 01:19 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I am not sure TMZ has any idea of what is going on. When I read “law enforcement sources” say this….who said it specifically? If nobody is willing to put their name it …. Then it is not a real source.
it's out there if you look...

The injured woman, who was driving a red Toyota Prius, was reportedly bleeding from her head area before being rushed to hospital from the scene. Arnold’s black GMC Yukon SUV collided with the woman’s Prius, and then rolled “on top” of it, per police. “There a four-car accident today at 4:35 pm on the corner of Sunset Blvd. and Allenford in Los Angles,” Officer Drake Madison of the Los Angeles Police Department told HollywoodLife.

“In the accident, one car rolled on top of another. That is the only accident today on Sunset Blvd. No one is suspected to have been transported to the hospital,” he also said. Another car involved was a Porshe Cayenne SUV. Madison confirmed he did not know the extent of the woman’s injuries,...
https://hollywoodlife.com/2022/01/23...-crash-photos/
Old 01-23-22, 01:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Nobody would be seriously punished for this accident. He'll get a ticket and that'll be it.
can you say "massive civil lawsuit"?
Old 01-23-22, 01:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

can you say "massive civil lawsuit"?
He has insurance which will pay, no big deal. people are involved in accidents like this multiple times a day every day.
Old 01-23-22, 01:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

He has insurance which will pay, no big deal. people are involved in accidents like this multiple times a day every day.
you're all heart about the woman he almost killed.
Old 01-23-22, 01:31 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I don’t think Drake said it was Arnold’s fault
Old 01-23-22, 01:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

you're all heart about the woman he almost killed.
I'm talking about his liability...its clear you have a chip on your shoulder about him being a celebrity...but the reality is if this happened to you or me we would get a ticket and our insurance would pay, including for her bodily harm and that would be it. Now, if he/we were drunk or something like that, it would be a different story but that does not appear to be the case here.

Of course its a shame for the woman who was hurt, but people are hurt in car accidents every day, many many many people a day. Accidents happen, even you could be at fault in an accident tomorrow where someone is hurt or killed.
Old 01-23-22, 03:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Let's also face the fact that if a celebrity (and, in this case, a former CA Governor) had not been involved, these articles and videos would probably never have been made (or posted) in the first place.

Of course, it is also true that these kinds of accidents happen every day, and, just because Arnold was involved in it, that doesn't necessarily make it any better or worse than anyone else involved. Until the police get done with their investigation, and the data-recorders in the vehicles removed and analyzed (which in most jurisdictions, can only be done by law enforcement or a court), we won't know if there was any evidence of any negligence on Arnold's part like there was when Tiger Woods wrecked the Cadillac Escalade, and Genesis SUV, or when a drunk (maybe stoned?) Lindsay Lohan wrecked two six-figure Mercedes SL63s. Indeed, if a civil suit is involved this time, some of the results may not be released at all.
Old 01-23-22, 03:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Until the police get done with their investigation, and the data-recorders in the vehicles removed and analyzed (which in most jurisdictions, can only be done by law enforcement or a court), we won't know if there was any evidence of any negligence on Arnold's part ...
a busy intersection like that is like to have camera video too.

Quick Reply: Arnold Schwarzeneggar involved in four-vehicle pileup in Los Angeles.