Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Arnold Schwarzeneggar involved in four-vehicle pileup in Los Angeles.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-22, 03:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
...its clear you have a chip on your shoulder about him being a celebrity...
think what you want, but that's not true. i want ANYONE who runs a red light on a u-turn in a honking great SUV and runs over another car and into other cars and causes a woman to end up in hospital to have some consequences other than "oh just a ticket, no biggie, and my insurance will get the rest"...

what you say may be true, but celebrity or not, i find it morally repugnant that there's no other consequences.

Now, if he/we were drunk or something like that, it would be a different story but that does not appear to be the case here.
not drunk probably, no, but definitely not paying attention.
Old 01-23-22, 03:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,961 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
think what you want, but that's not true. i want ANYONE who runs a red light on a u-turn in a honking great SUV and runs over another car and into other cars and causes a woman to end up in hospital to have some consequences other than "oh just a ticket, no biggie, and my insurance will get the rest"...

what you say may be true, but celebrity or not, i find it morally repugnant that there's no other consequences.

not drunk probably, no, but definitely not paying attention.
An accident like this can happen to anyone, including you. People make mistakes, including you.
Old 01-23-22, 03:54 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

How does anybody know that the Prius didn’t break check Arnold? Or stall etc. I guess my point is, the police support would have all this information.
Old 01-23-22, 03:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

An accident like this can happen to anyone, including you. People make mistakes, including you.
so there's no personal responsibility involved in running a red light? that's not an 'accident' that's reckless driving.

Old 01-23-22, 03:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

so there's no personal responsibility involved in running a red light? that's not an 'accident' that's reckless driving.
Of course there is, and he will be issued a citation and will be liable for damages. If he has a history of other such infractions then the punishments could be more severe.

Punishment has to fit the crime. Running a red light is a moving traffic violation and a misdemeanor, nobody is going to jail.

This is MD, but this is how it works:

https://www.drivinglaws.org/resource...ts-and-stop-17

Generally, stop light and stop sign violations are misdemeanors in Maryland. A red light ticket typically carries a $140 fine. And for violations leading to an accident, the fine is increased to $180. Drivers convicted of a stop sign violation are looking at $110 in fines. But if the violation contributed to an accident, the fine is $150 ($750 if the accident involved serious bodily injuries of the death of another person).
Old 01-23-22, 04:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
How does anybody know that the Prius didn’t break check Arnold? Or stall etc. I guess my point is, the police support would have all this information.

Wrong-direction, Jill. If the Prius had brake-checked Arnold, Arnold's Yukon would not have plowed into its front end, but its rear.
Old 01-23-22, 04:16 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Wrong-direction, Jill. If the Prius had brake-checked Arnold, Arnold's Yukon would not have plowed into its front end, but its rear.
‘Thx. Was going off memory. Thought it was rear ended.
Old 01-23-22, 04:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Of course there is, and he will be issued a citation and will be liable for damages. If he has a history of other such infractions then the punishments could be more severe.

Punishment has to fit the crime. Running a red light is a moving traffic violation and a misdemeanor, nobody is going to jail.

This is MD, but this is how it works:

https://www.drivinglaws.org/resource...ts-and-stop-17
yes, citation, insurance, move on... i don't consider that punishment fitting the crime, but we'll just agree to disagree.
Old 01-23-22, 04:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

yes, citation, insurance, move on... i don't consider that punishment fitting the crime, but we'll just agree to disagree.
Give him the chair then lol.

Remember, punishment is not meant to be vengeful. This was a mistake, an error in judgement, the woman isn't dead, just hurt. Even if she died, it was an accident, and he can be held civilly liable.

What type of punishment do you think is appropriate?
Old 01-23-22, 04:54 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Give him the chair then lol.

Remember, punishment is not meant to be vengeful. This was a mistake, an error in judgement, the woman isn't dead, just hurt. Even if she died, it was an accident, and he can be held civilly liable.

What type of punishment do you think is appropriate?
How do we know the woman wasn’t at fault for her own injury. Maybe she was not wearing her seatbelt.?
Old 01-23-22, 04:57 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,225 Likes on 910 Posts

How do we know the woman wasn’t at fault for her own injury. Maybe she was not wearing her seatbelt.?
I don't think that should be a factor whatsoever if someone else caused the harm.
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If he was at fault in the accident, then he's at fault whether she was wearing her seatbelt or not. Certainly that would come up in any civil suit.

I think its safe to say the bleeding from the head was from the 6,500 lb SUV on her roof lol
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
I don't think that should be a factor whatsoever if someone else caused the harm.
She would be breaking the law right?
Old 01-23-22, 04:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

She would be breaking the law right?
But that didn't cause the accident, him running the red light did.
Old 01-23-22, 05:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

But that didn't cause the accident, him running the red light did.
What a minute. Where did it say he ran the red?

Quick Reply: Arnold Schwarzeneggar involved in four-vehicle pileup in Los Angeles.