Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dub Show car pics in So. Cal 10/4/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-03, 10:32 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Neo
So who won the Best Lexus? Anyone on CL?
Highly doubt it... The car was on airbags, with some.......hmmm..... interesting mods. Let me just say that the winners at the show did heavy duty modding to their car whether it looked good or not! I guess elegant, classy cars just don't cut it anymore. If you have spinners, you score big points!!!
Old 10-06-03, 10:37 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome pics, but I'm still confused about one thing.

If all the cameras/batteries/memory sticks were taken, how'd you get those pics?

Got some tricks up your sleeve?

either way, keep up the work, your car looks amazing as usual!
Old 10-06-03, 10:56 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
I guess elegant, classy cars just don't cut it anymore. If you have spinners, you score big points!!!
It is too bad that's how the car show scene seems to be. Still, even without the win, at the end of the day, which car would you want to be cruising in? Yours? or the winner's?

Last edited by Neo; 10-06-03 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 11:07 PM
lorinserC
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Highly doubt it... The car was on airbags, with some.......hmmm..... interesting mods. Let me just say that the winners at the show did heavy duty modding to their car whether it looked good or not! I guess elegant, classy cars just don't cut it anymore. If you have spinners, you score big points!!!
Judges messed up!! And on the MB category too No really people he did have HANDS DOWN the nicest put together Lexus there. Next show he should take first place I bet! You blow 'em all away w/some HRE's or Iforged 20x8.5/10 color matched to your car!!!

Last edited by lorinserC; 10-06-03 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 01:43 AM
NRG
Lead Lap

where was this event? in the desert?
Old 10-07-03, 07:02 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

well its has happen 2 me many times and i have commented on it but what can u really d at these shows, its about flash ....they don't care about knockoffs as long as spinners r on them...airbags will take the cake on a lexus over coilovers anytime at a show....but like i have been told after many shows i'd rather drive away in u'r lex than anyones elses at that show...let the guy get the trophy u r the real winner...
Old 10-07-03, 11:24 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Nice pics dude.
Thanks for taking the time and sharing.
Old 10-07-03, 12:15 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Arrow

The main thing to remember at most of these car shows is flash pays; tasteful or not. If there was a Lexus there on 24's with spinners and airbags etc. it would get more attention from the judges than Ken's car. I think we all know that and have been there.

Regardless of walking away with some trophy it all comes down to every be happy with their own ride customized the way they want it.

Just my 2 cents......
Old 10-07-03, 01:38 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the pics... Sucks that the 24 w/ spinners, air bags, etc. type setup wins shows.. whatever, I'd rather have a truely nice car, rather than a car that can win shows but isn't really that nice..
Old 10-07-03, 01:45 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

NIce pics, always appreciated. LXOGOOD - your car is awesome. Very clean and classy. You have to realize that the car scene is no longer looking for cleanliness (rather sad), but more over TONS of HP, or tons of trendy mods i.e. spinning hubcaps
Old 10-07-03, 04:04 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Thanks guys for the awesome comments.... Originally, when I entered the contest, It was only to represent 818 Motoring. But when I was walking around and saw some of the cars I was going up against, I knew I had a good chance of placing. But after the winners were announced, I knew right away that I just didn't have enough "crazy" mods done to the car. Maybe next time I'll bring the white cotton and stuff it in my engine and under my car to make it look like smoke.... j/k

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted... maybe next time!
Old 10-07-03, 04:36 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

But after the winners were announced, I knew right away that I just didn't have enough "crazy" mods done to the car. Maybe next time I'll bring the white cotton and stuff it in my engine and under my car to make it look like smoke.... j/k
Well, at least judging is uniform around the nation... I was hoping that it would be different in Cali.
Old 10-07-03, 05:06 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bluepiz

If all the cameras/batteries/memory sticks were taken, how'd you get those pics?

Old 10-07-03, 07:49 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bluepiz

either way, keep up the work, your car looks amazing as usual!

Bluepiz: LOL.... here's a brief rundown of what happened.......
Before entering the show, you MUST drive to a security check point for a full inspection of the car and a quick pat down. During this inspection, they check the glove box, armrest, door panels, under seats, and trunk for any weapons, drugs, and camera's. Also, standing near by are Sheriff's watching over everything.
During my inspection, the security woman found my camera case on the floor and asked me to open it. She then told me to remove the memory card from the camera and give it to her. She asked if there were any more pockets on the case and being an honest guy I said yes and showed her. She then took my other 2 memory cards. I was to pick them up from her after the show. Before driving into the show her final words to us were "We will be thrown out of the show with no refund if we get caught using any filming device". Anyway, towards the end of the day Gilbert and I walked over to get some info on the judging and we happened to see the security woman, by luck, closing some gates. We ran over there and asked for our items back and she handed them over with no fuss. But by that time, it was too late. All the nice cars including Sprewell's black lambo had security all over it. No way we would be able to take any pics. So basically, I took pics of what I could without being caught. Between security and the Sheriff's, it made the event very interesting. On a side note, within the first hour, we saw 3 vehicles towed from the lot..

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-07-03 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 09:24 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

that sucks about the cameras being confiscated. i would have loved to see more pictures of the event. great pictures anyways!

Quick Reply: Dub Show car pics in So. Cal 10/4/03