Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Super Bowl Car Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-22, 09:15 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Wealthier areas of the country pay more taxes, that's the way it is. Local/State governments are going to collect more taxes from areas that can afford it. Sucks, but if you can afford higher taxes it means you are in a good position
The southern states with lower taxes generally do not carry the same salaries as the northern states. A professionals salary in the North likely will have a higher compensation than a professional in the south. Competition also plays a big factor too in attracting talent. Both my sister and one of my brothers are northern transplants in the south, they both pay low taxes however their salaries are not the same if they were to be back working in the Northern area. It all just depends are what part of the country one lives in. During COVID, some companies would only pay or adjust to market rate if they were to move from San Fran to somewhere far cheaper to live.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-16-22 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-16-22, 09:16 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Let's get back to Super Bowl car commercials and not property taxes.
Old 02-16-22, 09:18 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Have you seen some of the current shows on pay platforms like HBO? The Sopranos is tame.
Nothing great on HBO that I watch currently. I did see last season of Curb your Enthusiasm which was so so and definitely more PC than in the past.

The language in the Sopranos especially in reference to many ethnic groups, religions etc may not be allowed today. I’m not referring to the violence.
Old 02-16-22, 09:21 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey689

BMW iX M60 Super Bowl ad stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Salma Hayek as retired Greek gods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUC1QA5gRcU

Nissan Presents: Thrill Driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu56KAaIcac
I liked these two add. Nissan was the best.
Old 02-16-22, 09:31 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The southern states with lower taxes generally do not carry the same salaries as the northern states. A professionals salary in the North likely will have a higher compensation than a professional in the south. Competition also plays a big factor too in attracting talent. Both my sister and one of my brothers are northern transplants in the south, they both pay low taxes however their salaries are not the same if they were to be back working in the Northern area. It all just depends are what part of the country one lives in. During COVID, some companies would only pay or adjust to market rate if they were to move from San Fran to somewhere far cheaper to live.
It depends but if you can get a transfer within the company they usually keep your salary. Also the salary hit is not as significant depending on industry.
Most people would still come out on top even if their salary took 10-20% hit if they moved to a state with no income taxes. Hence you see the huge migration to Texas, Florida, Tennessee etc.

For me, the enormous taxes were worth it to enjoy what NYC offers but since 2020 most of these things have gone away and now I hardly go to the city.
Old 02-16-22, 09:37 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
It depends but if you can get a transfer within the company they usually keep your salary. Also the salary hit is not as significant depending on industry.
Most people would still come out on top even if their salary took 10-20% hit if they moved to a state with no income taxes. Hence you see the huge migration to Texas, Florida, Tennessee etc.

For me, the enormous taxes were worth it to enjoy what NYC offers but since 2020 most of these things have gone away and now I hardly go to the city.
Precisely. They destroyed whatever good NYC used to offer, and the negatives got far worse.
Old 02-16-22, 09:37 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing great on HBO that I watch currently.
You must not be watching Succession, then
Old 02-16-22, 10:10 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tex2670
You must not be watching Succession, then
No I haven’t seen it yet.
Old 02-16-22, 10:12 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,267 Likes on 1,766 Posts

If you really want to watch something good and you like Sci-Fi, check out The Expanse (Amazon Prime show). It has everything, action, drama, adventure, and class struggle
Old 02-16-22, 10:26 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

The best jobs (white collar jobs) generally do not move south. Great new jobs in emerging fields also do not move south until those jobs are well established. . Toyota moved to Texas so they didn't have to increase the salaries for their head office. Tesla is building in Texas because it is cheaper to pay their workers to put parts on a car than it would be in Cali or the North.. Right to Work is a scam (for the worker) and they just don't know it.. They also want to be as close to Mexico as possible . In contrast, General Motors and their Super Cruise engineers are all based in the North, Canada is where a lot of them are as immigration and attracting top talent is very efficient and barrier free. California is very much like this, you want to take as many top talented individuals from other countries so you can keep a competitive advantage. Most if not all the top universities are in the Northern states which also attracted the highest talent which thus also commands the highest salaries. Most top hospital researchers are in the North as well

So to tie it all in to the Super Bowl ads so we stay on topic, I wonder where all the big advertising firms are located?

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-16-22 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-16-22, 10:31 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,267 Likes on 1,766 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
The best jobs generally do not move south. Great new jobs in emerging fields also do not move south until those jobs are well established. . Toyota moved to Texas so they didn't have to increase the salaries for their head office. Tesla is building in Texas because it is cheaper to pay their workers to put parts on a car than it would be in Cali or the North.. Right to Work is scam (for the worker) and they just don't know it.. They also want to be as close to Mexico as possible . In contrast, General Motors and their Super Cruise engineers are all based in the North, Canada is where a lot of them are as immigration and attracting top talent is very efficient and barrier free. Most if not all the top universities are in the Northern states which also attracted the highest talent which thus also commands the highest salaries.

So to tie it all in to the Super Bowl ads so we stay on topic, I wonder where all the big advertising firms are located?
Southern California. Movie, music, entertainment and finance industries are all based out there. NY as well, but more SoCal. I went to school with several actors like Patricia Arquette and her brothers, Nicholas Cage etc. Patricia was in my 9th grade homeroom.BTW, when you watch a movie starring Nicholas Cage, he's actually playing Nicholas Cage LOL. I met him when he was dating Patricia....

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 02-16-22 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-16-22, 10:39 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

ok folks, last time, back to superbowl commercials.
Old 02-16-22, 10:41 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

it got my attention during the game. I knew that the Polestar 1 was a $150K+ car. when I saw this ad, I looked at Polestar website during the game and was surprised to see Polestar 2's price range.......
Old 02-16-22, 10:44 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
it got my attention during the game. I knew that the Polestar 1 was a $150K+ car. when I saw this ad, I looked at Polestar website during the game and was surprised to see Polestar 2's price range.......

Gonna have to view this polestar ad
Old 02-16-22, 10:45 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Southern California. Movie, music, entertainment and finance industries are all based out there. NY as well, but more SoCal. I went to school with several actors like Patricia Arquette and her brothers, Nicholas Cage etc. Patricia was in my 9th grade homeroom.BTW, when you watch a movie starring Nicholas Cage, he's actually playing Nicholas Cage LOL. I met him when he was dating Patricia....
I live in the south...southern california and I don't see cheap living costs at all. I'd say there isn't much difference living in so-cal vs. nor-cal...maybe 10% at most. Almost same salaries, cost of living, etc...

I've lived in nor-cal too and visit quite often for family but I prefer so-cal because 65-80 degree weather is what i'm all about

I do want to see Arnold do a movie as Zeus. Was thinking something on Netflix would be nice

Quick Reply: 2022 Super Bowl Car Commercials