Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Chevrolet Seeker

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-22, 07:59 AM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Chevrolet Seeker

Mysterious crossover spotted in Michigan last month

It slots below the Trailblazer in China

Remember the camouflaged Chevrolet crossover spotted in Michigan a month ago? It's had all its camouflaged removed in the country where it will go on sale first: China. The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology again got ahead of automaker plans, dishing out specs on the joint-venture offering that GM and local partner SAIC call the Chevrolet Seeker, those specs outed on Chinese site Autohome. Starting with the dimensions, the Seeker is 178.6 inches long, 71.8 inches wide, and 61.6 inches tall, with 106.3 inches of wheelbase. The Chevy Trailblazer is the model above the Seeker, the China-market Chevy Tracker the next model down. The Seeker is 10.5 inches longer, 1.3 inches wider, and 1.5 inches taller, on a 5.1-inch longer wheelbase than the Tracker.

Compared to our models, the Seeker is basically a Trailblazer. The Seeker is 4.9 inches longer and fractionally wider, its wheelbase 2.4 inches longer but it's roof height 4.1 inches lower. The front-wheel drive Trailblazer comes in at about 3,030 pounds, the Seeker's listed with a curb weight of 3,109 pounds. The new Chinese entry's styling is familiar from the Trailblazer, too, with smoother overall lines of the Equinox instead of the Trailblazer's overt chunkiness. There are diversions like thinner DRLs and smaller main beams, the Bowtie mounted on a chrome crosspiece instead of in the upper grille, but the basics are all there. The reshaping in back swaps for vertically-oriented taillights instead of the horizontal units on the Trailblazer, and much taller bumper cladding; however, the Trailblazer's sculpted hatch spoiler and shutlines, and backlight wiper make an easy ID.

Power comes from a 1.5-liter four-cylinder with 177 horsepower, 22 horses more than the 1.3-liter three-cylinder makes in the Trailblazer, able to propel the Seeker to a top speed of 127 miles per hour. This one is supposedly aimed at younger buyers, coming standard on 17-inch wheels but available in an RS trim that upgrades to black 18-inchers. Market launch there is reported to take place in Q3 this year. it's heavy overlap with the Trailblazer means we don't imagine the Seeker headed our way, but anything is possible nowadays; we wouldn't bat an eye at GM announcing a Trailblazer GX this summer.
Source
Old 04-19-22, 09:42 AM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Yet ANOTHER boring compact crossover? How about instead of focusing on 28 little FWD crossovers they produce a nice big comfortable smooth-riding sedan for a change? Believe it or not, sedans aren't dead and plenty of people still want them.
Old 04-19-22, 05:45 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,249 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by xjokerz
Yet ANOTHER boring compact crossover? How about instead of focusing on 28 little FWD crossovers they produce a nice big comfortable smooth-riding sedan for a change? Believe it or not, sedans aren't dead and plenty of people still want them.
They are pretty dead in my neighborhood. I'm one of 5-10 people who still uses a large car.
Old 04-19-22, 05:49 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by Striker223
They are pretty dead in my neighborhood. I'm one of 5-10 people who still uses a large car.
That sucks. I always appreciate seeing a nice large sedan.
Old 04-19-22, 06:35 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

That sucks. I always appreciate seeing a nice large sedan.
So do I but everyone here is buying LARGE suvs or compact "suvs" or trucks. The cars are all high powered or classics but me and three others still drive flagships, I am the LS and A8 representative and the other guys have new 7 series and one S580. Guy who owns the S580 also has a 750Li and he went to them from dual X7s that he tried out for two years, up to that point he was always dual V8 S-class for like 20 years. The other guy is ALWAYS 7 series all the way without any thought every time a refresh comes out, wife always gets a base engine 5 series X-drive.

We are the last holdouts so to speak and I am technically new to the club since I was also from the high end truck world. I can't go back though after experiencing the top tier stuff, the guy with S-classes is someone I shoot with and he let me drive his early W222 and that screwed me over....
Old 04-19-22, 07:31 PM
xjokerz
Racer

I bet that S-Class was very nice. Not my cup of tea, but still. I've heard great things about the A8.

Yeah, it's definitely hard to drive something other than a flagship. Mine's 20 years old but that doesn't change it for me. I've driven sedans my whole life and there's honestly no way I can get used to a CUV or a truck.
Old 04-19-22, 07:40 PM
heidihidin
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I bet that S-Class was very nice. Not my cup of tea, but still. I've heard great things about the A8.

Yeah, it's definitely hard to drive something other than a flagship. Mine's 20 years old but that doesn't change it for me. I've driven sedans my whole life and there's honestly no way I can get used to a CUV or a truck.
so you would rather drive a 20 year old "flagship" than a brand new suv/cuv?
Old 04-19-22, 08:37 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by heidihidin
Oh yeah. There is no contest if the flag is working as it should, faster, better on fuel, MUCH smoother, quieter, better in a crash, and more features. Not even in the same conversation
Old 04-19-22, 08:53 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Originally Posted by heidihidin
Screw all these new vehicles. Ask anyone on here: I do not like any of them. Except I do like the RLX but a buddy of mine had one and I drove it a few times. Really nice car.