Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus TX coming

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-23, 08:37 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,617 Likes on 1,031 Posts

I think they'll do well, as long as they get the packaging correct. These two vehicles are overdue.

Old 01-10-23, 08:46 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
Gosh, not even a little?
How about with deep discount?
Still nothing... dam I tried... lolol

What would it take to impres ya'll?
In theory what's missing, what does it need.
Lol. Still nothing.

Quickly off the top of my head.... RWD based platform, at minimum a V6 (V6 hybrid is fine too), air suspension option, competitive smart cruise control. And NONE of that will happen for these 2 cars.
Old 01-10-23, 09:10 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 303 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
Lol. Still nothing.

Quickly off the top of my head.... RWD based platform, at minimum a V6 (V6 hybrid is fine too), air suspension option, competitive smart cruise control. And NONE of that will happen for these 2 cars.
Yup. In a nutshell, to be interesting these should be a slightly larger, Toyota/Lexus equivalent of the Explorer/Aviator.
Old 01-10-23, 12:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
anyone else not expecting much from the grand highlander / tx cousins?
To say I am not expecting much is a dramatic understatement lol

What would it take to impress me? For it to be the best in some way.
Old 01-10-23, 12:34 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
To say I am not expecting much is a dramatic understatement lol

What would it take to impress me? For it to be the best in some way.
At least it won't be the worst lol.
Old 01-10-23, 01:55 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,979 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Toyota at their zenith: Oh what a feeling
Toyota today: well we're not the worst
Old 01-10-23, 02:13 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,007 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Ur so busted...
Uh huh, underneath all that serious do I detect a sense of humor?
Spoiler

Old 01-10-23, 02:17 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Actually the best in some areas. Tops in reliability and dealer service. Near the top in Initial Quality. My new RX has been perfect. My new IS arriving tomorrow should be the same. Not the case with my other recent vehicles. Having two less than two year old vehicles out of service isn't fun. Dealer was also out of loaners. Trying to figure out how to get a dead one towed from the garage when the dealer says the lithium battery won't likely jump. The tool to put it in neutral is in the hatch, but the dealer nor the manufacturer can tell you how to get to it. And the other vehicle was leaking hydraulic fluid and took several weeks to fix. Fun times! No thanks, back to Lexus I go.
Old 01-10-23, 02:29 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 294 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
Nope. Another boring Toyota for the masses to buy. Being how predictable Toyota is, we have a good idea of what will be powering it, features, options and more. Lol. The level of anticipation from me is zero.
Exactly how I feel. I was waiting for a GX replacement a few years ago and it never came so I left the brand and have had two new SUVs since then. I have since lost all faith in Lexus bringing something exciting here.
Old 01-10-23, 02:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sodbuster1
Actually the best in some areas. Tops in reliability and dealer service. Near the top in Initial Quality. My new RX has been perfect. My new IS arriving tomorrow should be the same. Not the case with my other recent vehicles. Having two less than two year old vehicles out of service isn't fun. Dealer was also out of loaners. Trying to figure out how to get a dead one towed from the garage when the dealer says the lithium battery won't likely jump. The tool to put it in neutral is in the hatch, but the dealer nor the manufacturer can tell you how to get to it. And the other vehicle was leaking hydraulic fluid and took several weeks to fix. Fun times! No thanks, back to Lexus I go.
I want the car itself to be the best at something, not the dealer or reliability. My Toyota/Lexus cars have spent plenty of time in the shop too.

A vehicle like this TX, being the best could be having the most space, the best third row, the nicest interior, the best self driving tech...SOMETHING...but I fear it will be like everything else they make, middle of the road everywhere. This one I'm watching because a transverse/FWD 3 row crossover is something I'm in the market for.
Old 01-10-23, 03:16 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

I want the car itself to be the best at something, not the dealer or reliability. My Toyota/Lexus cars have spent plenty of time in the shop too.

A vehicle like this TX, being the best could be having the most space, the best third row, the nicest interior, the best self driving tech...SOMETHING...but I fear it will be like everything else they make, middle of the road everywhere. This one I'm watching because a transverse/FWD 3 row crossover is something I'm in the market for.
I've found Lexus has some of the most comfortable seats, climate concierge works great, and very good Mark Levinson systems. Daily Motor rated both the Lexus Mark Levinson systems I am getting as the best for their vehicle size. Also, I've never had any of my Lexus in the shop for weeks. I'd rather be middle of the road than top and in the shop. The TX isn't even out yet...you might want to see it first.
Old 01-10-23, 03:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I've found Lexus has some of the most comfortable seats and very good Mark Levinson systems. Daily Motor rated both the Lexus Mark Levinson systems I am getting as the best for their vehicle size. Also, I've never had any of my Lexus in the shop for weeks. I'd rather be middle of the road than top and in the shop. The TX isn't even out yet...you might want to see it first.
The seats are fine, nothing special. ML audio is also excellent, but only in the LS, I have been disappointed with the ML systems I have had in lesser cars. I'm a 7 time Lexus customer, so I am very familiar with the brand.

My 2015 LS460 was in the shop for 2 weeks when it had 600 miles on it, and my 2017 LS460 was in the shop for a week with 5,000 miles on it.

I'd love to love the vehicle, but my recent experience with what they are designing doesn't give me confidence.

Last edited by SW17LS; 01-10-23 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-10-23, 03:49 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

The seats are fine, nothing special. ML audio is also excellent, but only in the LS, I have been disappointed with the ML systems I have had in lesser cars. I'm a 7 time Lexus customer, so I am very familiar with the brand.

My 2015 LS460 was in the shop for 2 weeks when it had 600 miles on it, and my 2017 LS460 was in the shop for a week with 5,000 miles on it.
I've had more than 7 Lexus vehicles, so also familiar with the brand. Since 2002. Started with IS and RX and coming back to them now. I love the size of them. I've had LC, LX, NX, GX, ES, RC F, GS F, LC...probably forgetting something.

You are completely wrong about the Mark Levinson in "lesser" cars. Watch Daily Motor reviews of the 21 IS and 21 RX.

Last edited by Sodbuster1; 01-10-23 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-10-23, 04:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You are completely wrong about the Mark Levinson in "lesser" cars. Watch Daily Motor reviews of the 21 IS and 21 RX.
I promise you I am not "wrong" about my experience with ML audio systems in cars I have owned, thanks. Not saying they aren't good in those models, just haven't been great in other models I've had with them other than the LS.

All the vehicles in that range have good audio systems, that doesn't move the needle for me. I want the car to make me *want* it for some reason. There just isn't anything currently made by Toyota or Lexus that does that for me right now other than the LC.
Old 01-10-23, 04:07 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

I promise you I am not "wrong" about my experience with ML audio systems in cars I have owned, thanks. Not saying they aren't good in those models, just haven't been great in other models I've had with them other than the LS.

All the vehicles in that range have good audio systems, that doesn't move the needle for me. I want the car to make me *want* it for some reason. There just isn't anything currently made by Toyota or Lexus that does that for me right now other than the LC.
So you have no experience in current "lesser" models Mark Levinson systems correct? You said only the LS systems were excellent. Shouldn't you try them first and watch reviews before making such a blanket statement?

Quick Reply: Lexus TX coming