Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus TX coming

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-23, 04:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Sodbuster1
So you have no experience in current "lesser" models Mark Levinson systems correct? You said only the LS systems were excellent. Shouldn't you try them first and watch reviews before making such a blanket statement?
I had two ESs and a GS, all of which had ML audio and none of which impressed me. What I said was:

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I have been disappointed with the ML systems I have had in lesser cars
That's not a blanket statement, that's me posting what MY experience has been in cars I have had.

Old 01-10-23, 04:12 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,979 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Toyota and Lexus are repackaging basically the same hybrid system into multiple models and platforms. This would be okay except it's a wheezy 4-banger.
Old 01-10-23, 04:14 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had two ESs and a GS, all of which had ML audio and none of which impressed me. What I said was:

That's not a blanket statement, that's me posting what MY experience has been in cars I have had.
"ML audio is also excellent, but only in the LS" your words exactly. I am betting the TX Mark Levinson system will also be excellent.
Old 01-10-23, 04:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

"ML audio is also excellent, but only in the LS" your words exactly. I am betting the TX Mark Levinson system will also be excellent.
You took the first sentance out of context, I made it very clear that what my experience was.

I'm sure the audio system will be fine, but thats not going to make me want to buy the car or not.
Old 01-10-23, 04:32 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

You took the first sentance out of context, I made it very clear that what my experience was.

I'm sure the audio system will be fine, but thats not going to make me want to buy the car or not.
Your experience is out of date.
Old 01-10-23, 04:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I really don't think it is. I'm sure the ML audio is very similar to the upgraded audio in all those competitive cars. What I'm sure it is better than is the basic Burmester audio or HK audio you would find in a Mercedes or BMW, but the MDX for example has a great ELS Studio 3D system (two actually) that I'm very confident will be better than the ML audio even in an LS...BMW B&W is likely just as good, and Burmester High End will blow the ML away. Of course those comparable German 3 row vehicles will be a lot more expensive, but the MDX should be right in line.
Old 01-10-23, 04:46 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

I really don't think it is. I'm sure the ML audio is very similar to the upgraded audio in all those competitive cars. What I'm sure it is better than is the basic Burmester audio or HK audio you would find in a Mercedes or BMW, but the MDX for example has a great ELS Studio 3D system (two actually) that I'm very confident will be better than the ML audio even in an LS...BMW B&W is likely just as good, and Burmester High End will blow the ML away. Of course those comparable German 3 row vehicles will be a lot more expensive, but the MDX should be right in line.
I've had the B&W in the M550i and the Burmester in the 992. Did not blow them away. Sorry.
Old 01-10-23, 04:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Okie dokie.
Old 01-10-23, 06:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

What I would like to see is this vehicle be big, like Mercedes GLS sized big. Seeing that the Highlander is already 3 row s but on the smaller side, hopefully this will be the case. Wouldn’t make sense for it to be Palisade sized…
Old 01-10-23, 07:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

I've had more than 7 Lexus vehicles, so also familiar with the brand. Since 2002. Started with IS and RX and coming back to them now. I love the size of them. I've had LC, LX, NX, GX, ES, RC F, GS F, LC...probably forgetting something.
the two LC's - you mean LC500's? or land cruisers?

You are completely wrong about the Mark Levinson in "lesser" cars. Watch Daily Motor reviews of the 21 IS and 21 RX.
So you have no experience in current "lesser" models Mark Levinson systems correct? You said only the LS systems were excellent. Shouldn't you try them first and watch reviews before making such a blanket statement?
not sure you if consider my lc500 'out of date' or a 'lesser' model but the ML in it imo is not that great. my hyundai santa fe has a better audio system.

however, i enjoy driving the car very much so it's not the end of the world if the audio is so so.
Old 01-10-23, 07:41 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
the two LC's - you mean LC500's? or land cruisers?

not sure you if consider my lc500 'out of date' or a 'lesser' model but the ML in it imo is not that great. my hyundai santa fe has a better audio system.

however, i enjoy driving the car very much so it's not the end of the world if the audio is so so.
Ooops, One LC 500 w performance package. Hmmm interesting, I really liked the Mark Levinson in the LC 500. I used CD's to get the best quality I could out of it. As the saying goes, crap in crap out. So hopefully you are using CD or another near lossless format...sure you know that. I'll be interested to see how it compares to the 1800 watt 17 speaker Mark Levinson I am getting tomorrow in an IS 350 F Sport. I really liked my LC. Almost considered another, but wish they would bring the safety tech up to LSS 2.5 at least. And add panoramic camera. And after having 3 vehicles with that V8, I thought I might like a little lighter weight, better gas mileage, and 4 doors. FYI, Daily Motor has reviews of both the Santa Fe and LC 500 audio systems.

Last edited by Sodbuster1; 01-10-23 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-10-23, 08:00 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 294 Likes on 210 Posts

Just my opinion but I have had the ML in two different gen GXs and two LS’s and it wasn’t even close. The ML in the LS was clearly superior. The GX ML system was just ok to me. At the time I had my LS, the ML in the LS was considered one of the, if not, best of any car manufacturer.
Old 01-10-23, 09:04 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by patgilm
Just my opinion but I have had the ML in two different gen GXs and two LS’s and it wasn’t even close. The ML in the LS was clearly superior. The GX ML system was just ok to me. At the time I had my LS, the ML in the LS was considered one of the, if not, best of any car manufacturer.
I'd agree that GX system was just ok in my opinion also. I had a 2011. It doesn't appear to have changed much. Still 330 watts.
Old 01-11-23, 02:56 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I just test drove a 2019 LX570 and the ML sucked in comparison to my 2013 LS 460. Not even close.

Not sure how other Lexus vehicles compare, but the ML in the LS appears to be on another level.
Old 01-11-23, 03:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Ooops, One LC 500 w performance package.
sweet that's what i have. great to see you're a strong lexus enthusiast! the LC is my third (with a huge gap from the first 2 to my LC now) so i'm far behind you.

Hmmm interesting, I really liked the Mark Levinson in the LC 500. I used CD's to get the best quality I could out of it. As the saying goes, crap in crap out. So hopefully you are using CD or another near lossless format...sure you know that.
i don't play cd's (well i did once just to see if it actually works ) but yes i use tidal master format streaming via android auto (not bluetooth) so that's excellent. i will try another cd or two just to compare.

I'll be interested to see how it compares to the 1800 watt 17 speaker Mark Levinson I am getting tomorrow in an IS 350 F Sport.
as i'm sure you know, more watts doesn't necessarily mean better but hope it's great! and congrats on the new car! i do like the look of the latest IS design.

bringing it back on topic... i'm thinking the TX will have a hybrid 4 cylinder drivetrain like sienna/venza... anyone know? maybe it's in this thread somewhere.

Quick Reply: Lexus TX coming