Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-22, 07:36 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

Sorry to see the accidents. No worries, though! It is annoying though and can be really stressful if you let it, I get it.

None of us are perfect, I just got my truck back from backing into a gas station pole!!! I've tapped into my HVAC in my garage so many times because it's so tight in there.
Old 12-06-22, 09:07 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 390 Likes on 264 Posts

I saw a brand new G90 yesterday on the highway... it had a tremendous road presence. I know the design changes are subtle in the 2023 compared to 2022 but I will say it looks substantially more luxurious and commanding. I was very impressed - this one was black and it just looked amazing from every angle... but while driving right next to it the side profile exudes premium luxury sedan.
Old 12-06-22, 01:30 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I just got caught up on this thread from mid-July. Awesome thread.

There were a few mentions of rental car process. Here is mine from August.

We have been keeping the family vacations within driving distances since the pandemic started. My family is my wife and the two kids. In order to avoid the in-laws from driving we decided to rent a large SUV. We have done this before and it fits all of us plus the luggage.

I made arrangements with Costco Travel, for a Chevy Suburban, with its extended length, a month in advance with Enterprise.

They called me three days prior but didn’t connect and didn’t really leave a message with anything important. I called back but didn’t get through. On the day of the pickup my wife dropped me off and left. I saw an Expedition in the lot and figured that is what I’m getting.

Of course, they tried to give me that Ford Expedition LT which is 16 inches shorter. When I asked them why I wasn’t getting a Suburban the agent responded by saying they can’t guarantee the make of the vehicle. I told them I don’t care whether I get a Chevy or a Ford as long as it’s the extended size. He maintained it was a very large car and ran my transaction with the same price as the Suburban. Once we went outside, it was clear the Expedition they were trying to put me in didn’t have the luggage space I needed.

The manager then “searched” the area for a Suburban and naturally couldn’t find one.

I declined the Expediton, cancelled the transaction and took an Uber home. I was pretty pissed of about it but then went on the vacation and really forgot about leaving them a nasty review. I figured Costco would follow up but that never happened.

Luckily, I didn’t need the car desperately to go on my vacation. We took two cars instead.

It's disappointing that the agents try to put you in a vehicle you didn’t book as if we don’t know any better.
Old 12-06-22, 01:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
I saw a brand new G90 yesterday on the highway... it had a tremendous road presence. I know the design changes are subtle in the 2023 compared to 2022 but I will say it looks substantially more luxurious and commanding. I was very impressed - this one was black and it just looked amazing from every angle... but while driving right next to it the side profile exudes premium luxury sedan.
it does I agree...

Originally Posted by SC300Es
We have been keeping the family vacations within driving distances since the pandemic started. My family is my wife and the two kids. In order to avoid the in-laws from driving we decided to rent a large SUV. We have done this before and it fits all of us plus the luggage.

I made arrangements with Costco Travel, for a Chevy Suburban, with its extended length, a month in advance with Enterprise.

They called me three days prior but didn’t connect and didn’t really leave a message with anything important. I called back but didn’t get through. On the day of the pickup my wife dropped me off and left. I saw an Expedition in the lot and figured that is what I’m getting.

Of course, they tried to give me that Ford Expedition LT which is 16 inches shorter. When I asked them why I wasn’t getting a Suburban the agent responded by saying they can’t guarantee the make of the vehicle. I told them I don’t care whether I get a Chevy or a Ford as long as it’s the extended size. He maintained it was a very large car and ran my transaction with the same price as the Suburban. Once we went outside, it was clear the Expedition they were trying to put me in didn’t have the luggage space I needed.

The manager then “searched” the area for a Suburban and naturally couldn’t find one.

I declined the Expediton, cancelled the transaction and took an Uber home. I was pretty pissed of about it but then went on the vacation and really forgot about leaving them a nasty review. I figured Costco would follow up but that never happened.

Luckily, I didn’t need the car desperately to go on my vacation. We took two cars instead.

It's disappointing that the agents try to put you in a vehicle you didn’t book as if we don’t know any better.
Thats ridiculous! At least it didnt ruin your vacation...
Old 12-06-22, 01:44 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

So I was watching the Motor Trend TV on a Saturday morning a while ago and they had the Two Girls Garage. On this episode, they installed a prototype Borla Active Performance Sound System on a Mach E. I don't think I have seen this anywhere yet. It puts a speaker between the rear wheels under the car. It runs through the car's computer to produce the exhaust sound based on the throttle input.

This is pretty neat as it modifies the super quiet nature of an EV. I assume they would produce this for other makes as well.

https://www.borla.com/products/activ...tric-vehicles/

Last edited by SC300Es; 12-06-22 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-06-22, 01:48 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thats cool!
Old 12-07-22, 03:25 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I am not a fan of these type of Porsche models. But I know people love them. Was out for a stroll tonight.

Saw this

across the street

Old 12-07-22, 05:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Not a fan of the 911? Really?
Old 12-07-22, 05:47 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,226 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I can see why not, they don't look that good and are only 6 cyl cars. I respect how good of a car they are but they don't do it for me since the engine tone just ruins the driving experience
Old 12-07-22, 05:54 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I dunno. Maybe because they are now a dime a dozen. Heck, I saw a 911 on the other side of the road as well…so not special. I remember 30 years ago or 40 years ago, you would never see these cars, they were once in a while observations. I’ve also never really loved sports cars

I think a Panerama or a Taycan EV is more special

still out on my stroll. Saw for the first time ever a Maybach being driven by a chauffeur. Too bad it’s not the V12

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 12-07-22 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-07-22, 06:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

There are way more Panameras and Taycans on the road than 911s…
Old 12-07-22, 06:41 PM
Jakerin
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I’ve only driven one and it seemed to have every bit of grunt that a V8 has.

Old 12-07-22, 07:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It’s one of the great performance cars
Old 12-07-22, 07:10 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,007 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakerin
I’ve only driven one and it seemed to have every bit of grunt that a V8 has.

It’s one of the great performance cars
Besides the price tag $$$ what's not to love about a Porsche.

My perfect driveway will have one of these and a Tycan.
(when I win the lottery).
Old 12-07-22, 07:14 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,226 Likes on 911 Posts

They sure are but I just don't like them, simply not my taste. I would rather have a Panamera any day instead since it has an 8

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation