Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-22, 04:59 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,617 Likes on 1,031 Posts

I have to back the GS in and pull the Highlander in forward, otherwise the damn center post gets in the way and you can’t open the driver’s door to get out…

Old 06-20-22, 05:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
you can get even more space by backing one car in and pulling the other in forward, instead of pointing them both the same direction. Then both driver's doors open to the central aisle and you can park them both very close to the wall. This even works if, like us, you have one car with doors 53" long. Also leaves plenty of room for us to store the 28" 2-stage snowblower between the cars, ready to go.
The issue is that you can’t back the Pacifica in on the side where the S560 sits, because the cabinets on that wall won’t allow the hatch to open. Can’t pull it in front in either because the hatch hits the garage door.

I normally pull the S560 in front in, but I’m trying it backed in which seems to work better.

@JDR76 Bummer about the post! I almost bought a house with a similar post…
Old 06-20-22, 06:38 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
Would Scotty Kilmer drive this?

I don't know it's not a camry or sedan but maybe only cuz it's a Toyota lol
Never heard him give a buy recommendation on anything but a Toyota but I havent watched all his videos because I think he's just a tiny little bit annoying. lol just saying... J/K
He's gotta be making a killing as a Youtube star.
Scotty wouldn't drive it because he thinks Toyota V8's like the one in the LS430 are unreliable for whatever reason lol. At the end of the day he's more of an entertainer than a usable source of information.
Old 06-20-22, 07:12 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Anyone else see anything fun or interesting lately?
Saw this thing burning up the street. Looks lit Such a fantastic exterior. (Not so much the interior)

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 06-20-22 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-20-22, 07:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

They are everywhere here. I saw 3 today.
Old 06-20-22, 07:20 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
They are everywhere here. I saw 3 today.
But not as a taxi lol. The styling really is great.
Old 06-20-22, 07:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
But not as a taxi lol. The styling really is great.
Thats true! Not as a taxi lol
Old 06-20-22, 08:10 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

I saw a line of these on the interstate, not sure what they are, Caddys? Michigan plates. They hammered them for a second bc I had to gun it to keep up. I was going to get behind them and follow them some more but they took an exit and I wasn't in the right place. No charge stations nearby from that exit. I assume these are EVs which I don't really have much interest in, so IDK for sure what they are. There's a Walmart and a Sam's and at that exit, and gas stations. They all had antennas on the roofs.

​​​​​​​
Old 06-20-22, 08:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Cadillac Lyriq?
Old 06-20-22, 08:21 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Cadillac Lyriq?

I think you are right.

Originally Posted by AJT123
I saw a line of these on the interstate, not sure what they are, Caddys? Michigan plates. They hammered them for a second bc I had to gun it to keep up. I was going to get behind them and follow them some more but they took an exit and I wasn't in the right place. No charge stations nearby from that exit. I assume these are EVs which I don't really have much interest in, so IDK for sure what they are. There's a Walmart and a Sam's and at that exit, and gas stations. They all had antennas on the roofs.

looks too wide. And weird

This angle is not bad

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
I never knew the LX had a speaker on the dash. My 04 4R has one. New one does not

​​​​​​​
The mirror placement rules out Lexus
​​​​​​​

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 06-20-22 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-20-22, 08:22 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 219 Likes on 184 Posts

Cadillac Lyriq?
My first thought was a Caddy. Michigan plates and all. I-75 from Detroit runs right through Knoxville, down to Miami.
Old 06-20-22, 08:47 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,226 Likes on 911 Posts

@Striker223 I know we were talking about garages. This is how my S560 fits in my 20.5" deep garage. Its 208.5 inches long, so an Escalade would be 3 inches longer. It would fit.

20.5 inch wide too, you can see both cars fit with good space between them. Its much harder to get them far enough away from each other if you pull both cars in front first. Backing in lets you get them further away from each other.

Driver side of the Pacifica, getting out it tight. You can see the pad I put there to keep my wife from banging the door into the wall.

That's a good setup, the foam pad is smart since your wall looks quite hard lol. I was also going to suggest flipping the van but the hatch issue prevents that....

My garage is a mess still since I'm not done cleaning it out and I have carpet scraps and other crap everywhere, I'll post a few pictures anyway I guess. You can kinda tell what is supposed to be there vs random junk I've not gotten rid of yet.

Front, I have a good bit of space even with the press and metal parts trash drum

Rear, again lots of space to get to anything I need

Side, ignore the far shelf 2nd level.....half of that is junk.

Door can almost fully open, it's nearly on the final stop.

Other side can have both cars full open, the right side fridge is a project.....my wife wants me to repaint it and fancy it up for the basement since the vintage look is appealing. I haven't been able to move it up to the attic and take it apart yet since it's heavy as hell.

About 3 inches off the storage closet door, I keep the oil and fluids for long term stocks in there since I don't really plan on using it unless something goes wrong.

Back end, about two feet to bumper

Other side, full door swing capable. Please excuse the random junk.....

Wide shot standing on the truck fender, I have more than enough storage and I also have a lot of pre-setup hangers for stuff that makes it easy.

Off topic with the garage but here is what my car looks like when I mean I like a consistent sheen vs matte.

It's not obnoxious and it doesn't rub off when touched
Old 06-20-22, 08:57 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,007 Likes on 802 Posts

Not a looker, that's for sure.

The best view seems to be from far away.

Originally Posted by Striker223

Hi friend, I can see you have lost your way...
No worries it's ok, I keep a squirt bottle of Armorall in my door pocket and I'll shine that dash up for ya~!
Old 06-20-22, 09:28 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,226 Likes on 911 Posts

Not a looker, that's for sure.

The best view seems to be from far away.

Hi friend, I can see you have lost your way...
No worries it's ok, I keep a squirt bottle of Armorall in my door pocket and I'll shine that dash up for ya~!
Hey now! That's just a shadow making it look like there is a dull spot lol!
Old 06-21-22, 07:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

@Striker223 yeah you have all kinds of room! Thats pretty low sheen, doesn't look bad. I still prefer the matte OEM look

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation