Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-23, 05:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

couple of recent pics i took...

nice color.

love this old classic...

Old 08-21-23, 06:18 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
My only issue with helping people is when they have lots of money and can easily pay people to do things for them. I don't ask people to do stuff like that, I pay people to do it for me. These people have way more money than I do lol

"This is great we dont have to rent a truck" sure, I didn't want to hang out in the pool lol
My criteria isn’t about ability to pay, but about whether or not they would help me if asked. I did help friends move and when I moved and wanted to hire a moving company, these two friends stepped up big time and insisted on helping. I was and am grateful. We did rent a truck, with a lift gate even. I’ve been friends with these guys since 1985. I guess we’re stuck with each other
Old 08-21-23, 07:26 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

nice color.

love this old classic...

The VW bus is nice good color combo. I wonder what it's worth? They are collectable.
Old 08-21-23, 07:38 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

you're a better man than me, but you could have said, i'd rather not put that wear and tear on our family van but i'll rent you a uhaul truck.
I was thinking the same thing. I've said no to family on multiple occasions. Sometimes they need to hear it.
Old 08-21-23, 07:38 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
The VW bus is nice good color combo. I wonder what it's worth? They are collectable.
Ok, this is wierd and my eyes are playing tricks on me.

When I scanned your post my eyes put the question mark on the next line and I did a double take.

They are collectible?
Yes, as ya'll know but I really don't know why anyone would want one to be honest. Lol

From what I hear, they don't drive that good.

Originally Posted by link13
My criteria isn’t about ability to pay, but about whether or not they would help me if asked. I did help friends move and when I moved and wanted to hire a moving company, these two friends stepped up big time and insisted on helping. I was and am grateful. We did rent a truck, with a lift gate even. I’ve been friends with these guys since 1985. I guess we’re stuck with each other
A wise once man told me, "there are two types of people in the world, Givers and Takers".

Takers, take when they don't need, I added this part. Haha

Ps- sounds like your friends stepped up, real friends.

love to help people who actually need the help but putting your leased van at risk of damage to help out rich relatives, i wouldn't do it. but very nice that you did it.
This whole thing is new thread topic worthy. IMO

After what I've been thru with family and friends, I don't help unless someone NEEDS it because I no longer enable bad behavior, family or not. Lol

Last edited by Margate330; 08-21-23 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-21-23, 07:39 AM
geko29
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 313 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
From a search of ones for sale in similar condition (at least from a glance at the pictures), looks like the vast majority are in the $50-90k range, with close to half somewhere in the $60s.
Old 08-21-23, 08:36 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

the one i took a pic of is in immaculate condition (obvious serious restoration?). i think the salesperson said it was a '74?
Old 08-21-23, 11:08 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

If she's your wife's sister, it's your wife's problem. Your wife should be up front with her. If she's your brother's wife, be up front with your brother. "Change or I won't come." You can't let these take advantage of you. The more you give, they more they take. No shame.

I think your post needs some editing. Lol.
Originally Posted by SW17LS
My only issue with helping people is when they have lots of money and can easily pay people to do things for them. I don't ask people to do stuff like that, I pay people to do it for me. These people have way more money than I do lol
My only issue with helping people is when they have lots of money and can easily pay people to do things for them. I don't ask people to do stuff like that, I pay people to do it for me.... That's why these people have way more money than I do.
Old 08-21-23, 11:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I'd just offer to pay for it too lol, which would place them in kind of a weird spot.

You drove from DC to Jersey?? You are a definitely a good family member, lol.

That would be like my sister asking to use our van or pickup when she and her family moved to Atlanta last year, LOL. Pigs would fly before she'd ask but still. It's closer than DC is to Jersey, I think. But still 3 hours.
We were in NJ visiting them already, so I didnt go just for that

they're probably well off because they mooch off others so much.
love to help people who actually need the help but putting your leased van at risk of damage to help out rich relatives, i wouldn't do it. but very nice that you did it.
I hear ya, they're not moochers though. They would absolutely give you the shirt off their back, I would just never ask for their shirt lol

nice color.

I really like thise...

Originally Posted by link13
They would absolutely help if asked, I would just never ask.
Old 08-21-23, 02:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Just drove my next car. BMW i7. Seriously the most incredible riding and driving car I have ever driven. Any concern I have about liking EVs is gone. I have no interest in even driving a V8 760.

Styling has grown on me a lot, still have a year or so before I want to do anything but this would be very hard to beat. The interior of this car just blows the W223 S Class away.

Old 08-21-23, 02:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

So...you like this interior better than the S-Class you have now?

Old 08-21-23, 03:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I like it better than the W223

Even outside of the styling the materials and finish in the 7 are on another level. I love the interior of my car but the new 7 is on a different level, much newer etc.
Old 08-21-23, 03:18 PM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Surprisingly I have only seen two around me. I have seen many more S.
Old 08-21-23, 03:25 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Always seen WAY more S than 7 anywhere for me
Old 08-21-23, 03:27 PM
Sodbuster1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From just purely looks, I like the S class better. It looks more classy....less odd. I really like Mercedes styling. I'd buy one right now if I knew it wouldn't have any issues and the dealer gave great service.

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation