Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-23, 04:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

No, but it can happen if its been 90 and all of a sudden is say, 75
Old 08-23-23, 07:04 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Anyone has ever had psi drop during hot weather? Today I got a soft warning on low pressure and noticed a drop 2-3 psi on all tires. I did drive through some bumpy roads and wondered if it was the cause.
That only happens when I hit bumps hard. Most recently I hit drove over some rather tall curbing at a track and saw a sudden but stable 3psi loss. I wouldn’t worry about it.
Old 08-23-23, 07:53 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Absolutely.

If I could just get into a 223 for what I'm paying for my 222 I would probably just do that, but its going to cost $700-$1,000 a month more than my 222 so I gotta love it and be happy. i7 I bet I could get within $250-300 of what I am paying, and I wouldn't be spending $400 a month for gas.
Now I see why you're shopping around.

People shop value and not always price so I'm guessing at these astronomic prices people are not seeing the value anymore and shopping around for something better.
Old 08-23-23, 08:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

They’re selling them, prices are improving we’ll see how they do. But yeah I’m sure a lot of returning customers are shocked what a replacement car will cost.

Oh and Streamliner ON MBWorld bought a 2020 S560 today to replace his 2022 S580
Old 08-23-23, 08:17 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

I liked the old RR a lot, my hangup is just going from a sedan to an SUV. Like when I drove that X7 M50i, I liked it but when I got into that i7 and then my car its just so clear to me that I just prefer a sedan.
I feel the same way about sedans. I really don’t like driving my X7 unless it is on a road trip, I’m just not a SUV guy. There is a lot to like about them, but for me just not to drive every day.
Old 08-23-23, 08:21 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by patgilm
I feel the same way about sedans. I really don’t like driving my X7 unless it is on a road trip, I’m just not a SUV guy. There is a lot to like about them, but for me just not to drive every day.
I have always found sedans to be more comfortable for driving.

My perfect car would be a sedan that can transform into an SUV only when I need it too. Haha
Old 08-23-23, 08:41 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
I have always found sedans to be more comfortable for driving.

My perfect car would be a sedan that can transform into an SUV only when I need it too. Haha
That would be nice! Car as a daily that can transform to a SUV for a road trip. Sign me up.
Old 08-23-23, 09:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by patgilm
I like one for specific uses. Trips. Fun. That’s why I like having both in the house. It I had a 3 car garage I would just buy the van out for my wife and get an SUV also and then we’d have all 3.
Old 08-23-23, 09:37 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

I like one for specific uses. Trips. Fun. That’s why I like having both in the house. It I had a 3 car garage I would just buy the van out for my wife and get an SUV also and then we’d have all 3.
If you do that you might as well make it a 4 car garage.

The natural progression when going down that road is to add a boat or some jet ski's or a travel camper or some 4 wheelers or something fun.

It's just the way it is, I didn't make the rules. Haha
Old 08-24-23, 04:03 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

The natural progression when going down that road is to add a boat or some jet ski's or a travel camper or some 4 wheelers or something fun.

Yeah.....once you start down the path of optimized cars for each role it becomes a game of "why not" when adding another one lol! I have each job covered by different cars
Old 08-24-23, 06:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I don’t really want any of that stuff, nor do I want 3 cars. Reality is we don’t need a van any longer and our family would be better served by having an SUV as the family vehicle.
Old 08-24-23, 07:37 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

no love from the guy who sold you the lc?
lc is owned and not on lease like the santa fe, but i bought the lc out of state and i know the sales guy left and went to a bmw dealer lol.
i've had emails from that dealer though (no, not taking the lc 900 miles for the 'service special' )

I recently got an email from my lexus guy that I got one from him more than 10 years ago. They must not sell as many as they had hoped.
i get the sense car sales are slowing...
Old 08-24-23, 07:57 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

I’m a big fan of previous S but the last few encounter I felt like it looked dated compared to the new one.
Originally Posted by TangoRed
I was thinking the same thing. I still love the W222's looks but it's definitely looking "of a time" these days.
agreed. a neighbor just got his 3rd w222 s-class. had a 550 4-matic. that got totalled (he was hit from behind). he got a rwd 550 replacement and i knew he didn't like it. he now has a 560 4-matic. i'm probably the only person who noticed he'd changed cars again, lol.

If I could just get into a 223 for what I'm paying for my 222 I would probably just do that, but its going to cost $700-$1,000 a month more than my 222 so I gotta love it and be happy.
well you got the s-class for a great deal because it was end of year / end of model run (w223 was about to launch), plus covid? plus inflation/adm madness since... i feel your pain.

Don't get me wrong, the W223 is a great looking car, it just doesn't wow me the way the W222 did, a lot of people feel that way both owners, enthusiasts and reviewers have said the same thing.
it's always easy to find anecdotes saying "the old one was better". try a corvette forum, mustang, etc.

I don't like the look of the interior either.
yes, i don't think the ski slope center screen is befitting a flagship luxury car.

So, I have concerns about going to the 223 and being unhappy...
understand, and i don't think that's happening, but obvioulsy 100% your valid and personal choice whichever way you go.

Yeah and I have come to like the styling, but I don't love the concept of driving something that is polarizing. My friend that has a 760 though said that he gets more comments and compliments on his 760 than any car he has ever had, and he has a G Wagen and a Mclaren lol. I have heard that from some others too. I think people in the real world like them more than forums and the press would indicate.
your friend is unlikely to get negative comments about his 760.

Originally Posted by Striker223
Yeah.....once you start down the path of optimized cars for each role it becomes a game of "why not" when adding another one lol! I have each job covered by different cars
lol... nah, i have the fun car and the practical car. i'm good.

Reality is i don't want a van any longer and would much prefer an SUV as the family vehicle.
fixed that for you.
Old 08-24-23, 08:42 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Without a doubt. I got an email from the salesman at MB about that new refresh 2024 GLS I posted the pic of a few weeks ago, he says he still has it and could work a deal out for me. These were impossible to get a few months ago with 15k markups, and that is the brand new refresh!

well you got the s-class for a great deal because it was end of year / end of model run (w223 was about to launch), plus covid? plus inflation/adm madness since... i feel your pain.
It wasn't that great a deal, I saved about $200 a month from what a "typical" W222 lease deal was, market factors of course make the difference now but the point is the same, if I'm gonna pay way more I have to really love and want the car.

it's always easy to find anecdotes saying "the old one was better". try a corvette forum, mustang, etc.
Not from people who have the new ones. Thats the key, I ignore that kind of stuff too but there are a considerable number of people who have the W223s that are unhappy and miss their W222s, those people I pay attention to.

understand, and i don't think that's happening, but obvioulsy 100% your valid and personal choice whichever way you go.
I don't know, like I said there are a considerable number of people who have upgraded and regret it.

your friend is unlikely to get negative comments about his 760.
But he would get NO comments. The fact that people are commenting means it makes a positive impression on people.

I have owned ugly cars (my ES300 for instance) and people just say nothing lol

fixed that for you.
Thats true, but we also don't need a van anymore. We did at one time, we needed all the space and all but we don't today. Her only concern is the doors, she is convinced the kids will swing the doors open into other cars and I know its just a matter of them learning not to do that.
Old 08-24-23, 09:04 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

I think so. This dude sold me one car long long time ago. He must not make the numbers his boss wants to see.

agreed. a neighbor just got his 3rd w222 s-class. had a 550 4-matic. that got totalled (he was hit from behind). he got a rwd 550 replacement and i knew he didn't like it. he now has a 560 4-matic. i'm probably the only person who noticed he'd changed cars again, lol.
Did he have same color? I know this guy who got two model S same color. They must love their car a lot. I got same models before but I got different colors.

​​
I may be biased but that saying is not wrong on many BMWs. X7 is notoriously ugly but this X6 won the tittle. I saw one like this before at night but when I went on their website, I could build one like this. So I had to take a picture this morning. This thing is probably over 100k. How could someone drop that big change on a car like this?

fixed that for you.
You like digging things up, don't you?

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation