Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-23, 01:23 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 248 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
LOL yeah a lot of people that know me, including my mailman, would laugh at me when driving it. I kind of liked it because it was so small that I could park it anywhere for running around town. Not a car to be driven on a trip or big highways but I managed.

here is a pic, it was a special edition one and you will laugh too.
hey at the dealer i worked at years ago someone traded in one of those, in manual! on my way to move it into the lot there may have been a slight detour taken through the roads behind the dealer, and that lightweight little hatch was a blast lol

i think the equation goes something like: Fun = high revs * manual^2
Old 08-25-23, 01:25 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 426 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS

Went and looked at a refresh Palisade and a refresh Atlas today.
What's your take on the refreshed Palisade?
Old 08-25-23, 02:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
What's your take on the refreshed Palisade?
I like it a lot. The one I looked at was a Calligraphy in that dark green color that is unique to that trim, very nice. I prefer the dash and console of the Telluride but I think everything else about the Palisade
Old 08-25-23, 03:20 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yes, like 99% of suv owners, i will only go 'off road' onto the shoulder of a highway or some field that's being used for parking at an event.

only a couple million in cars. you go you.

why a 2009 year ls600h?

your sig says best car you've owned. how long did you have it, and why did you sell it? i've been curious about those.
Only reason I have real SUVs is because I do actually use the ability and plus it's in my mind needed to have at least one car that can do it. My "new" VW is fantastic in that regard because it's ability is nearly off the charts and it's still a small SUV by modern standards, it's only the size of modern rav 4

Yeah it's gonna be a pricy garage but I think it can be done lol!

I want an 09 since it's the newest one with the original look, I do not like the refreshes since the design language was ruined/incoherent. I don't like the tacked on front ends of the later cars that don't flow into all the forms of the doors and rear like the original.
Old 08-25-23, 04:34 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Received 256 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
hey at the dealer i worked at years ago someone traded in one of those, in manual! on my way to move it into the lot there may have been a slight detour taken through the roads behind the dealer, and that lightweight little hatch was a blast lol

The xD (lol xDDDD ) is pretty much an EU-spec yaris t-sport with a US-specific body. Pretty decent "warm" hatch.
Old 08-25-23, 06:05 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639

Mine wasn’t a stick but it did come with a Scion 10 Series hardback book and a serialized plaque on the dash!

Originally Posted by Lwerewolf
The xD (lol xDDDD ) is pretty much an EU-spec yaris t-sport with a US-specific body. Pretty decent "warm" hatch.
See I said people would laugh. Funny thing was I still treated it well like any other car I had.
Old 08-25-23, 06:27 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

Mine wasn’t a stick but it did come with a Scion 10 Series hardback book and a serialized plaque on the dash!

See I said people would laugh. Funny thing was I still treated it well like any other car I had.
Oh those are fun with a stick actually! Yeah the whole treating cars nice is a curse at times, can't really have a true beater lol!
Old 08-25-23, 07:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Palisades are back to MSRP at Fitzgerald!
As you know from some of our past conversations, even though I've never bought a car myself from them, after shopped with a number of friends/colleagues (one of them the President of our Federal Employee Union, others from my church, etc....), I've always had a high opinion of the Fitz Way. In general, it fits the advertising. (No pun intended). Had a chance to meet the Old Man once or twice....from what I understand, he is still working at age 87. Everyone I know who bought a new vehicle from them has been pleased. I'll admit, though, that, even at Fitz, the last couple of years have not exactly been a Buyer's Market LOL.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-25-23 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-25-23, 08:40 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

Definition of treated well is needed.

If the car wants to work hard and not allowed to, beating on the throttle may be treating it well. Lol

See how I can justify. 🤠
Old 08-25-23, 09:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330

If the car wants to work hard and not allowed to, beating on the throttle may be treating it well. Lol

See how I can justify. 🤠
Engines don't ask to be overstressed or prematurely wear out....that is more the decision of a driver's right foot.
Old 08-25-23, 09:37 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
Definition of treated well is needed.

See how I can justify. 🤠
I washed it often like I would any of my other cars, polished it, vacuumed it, etc. I always take pride in my cars even when it’s a cheap little car like this.

I liked the color of the car and the dark matte wheels.
Old 08-26-23, 06:06 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

I know this guy who also had a tiny car for daily drive. I think you two have the same profession too. That's right. Treat all your children the same way, right? I find it interesting that you have all these time to do these but find it costly to get gas at Costco. I guess because you can enjoy this task but not the other one? I've got tired cleaning the SUVs myself and often just drive through these days because this one near my house actually does a good job. Once in a while I would take the pressure washer out and waste a few hours there.
Old 08-26-23, 06:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
As you know from some of our past conversations, even though I've never bought a car myself from them, after shopped with a number of friends/colleagues (one of them the President of our Federal Employee Union, others from my church, etc....), I've always had a high opinion of the Fitz Way. In general, it fits the advertising. (No pun intended). Had a chance to meet the Old Man once or twice....from what I understand, he is still working at age 87. Everyone I know who bought a new vehicle from them has been pleased. I'll admit, though, that, even at Fitz, the last couple of years have not exactly been a Buyer's Market LOL.
Nothing wrong with Fitzgerald you just don’t get a very good deal. You can always do better. If they are at MSRP I can get a discount somewhere else.

I’ve met the old man too. He is a mean and ruthless businessman lol
Old 08-26-23, 08:20 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

here is a pic, it was a special edition one and you will laugh too.
oh it was special all right.

The one I looked at was a Calligraphy ...
but of course. all the nice toys and trim.
Old 08-26-23, 08:21 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

looking at the '24 sonata (yes sonata) info, i don't see why anyone should get a lexus es.

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation