Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-23, 03:04 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
OK awesome, thanks. Gonna try the Meguiar's. I also just ordered the same applicator 2 weeks ago.
I don't love shiny tires but may give it a shot as well since they sell it locally.

Any thoughts from you or SW on a nice spray topper for ceramic coated cars? I used to use Carpro Reload but I'm out so looking for suggestions if there is something better.
Old 11-07-23, 03:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
I don't love shiny tires but may give it a shot as well since they sell it locally.

Any thoughts from you or SW on a nice spray topper for ceramic coated cars? I used to use Carpro Reload but I'm out so looking for suggestions if there is something better.
Try Dr Beasley’s Bead Hero…

Gyeon Cure is also very good.

The Hyper Dressing isnt super super glossy. I would say it’s a 70% gloss.
Old 11-07-23, 04:00 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS

I switched to the same tire dressing you use(d) and have liked it ever since due to no slinging and very high shine. I like stupid shiny tires
Old 11-07-23, 04:04 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

I remember you were going to try Dr. Beasley’s but wasn’t sure if you actually did and whether you used it and liked it. I know Bit got some for his Hyundai.
Old 11-07-23, 05:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
I switched to the same tire dressing you use(d) and have liked it ever since due to no slinging and very high shine. I like stupid shiny tires
Yeah its the shiniest I have found that doesn't sling...

I remember you were going to try Dr. Beasley’s but wasn’t sure if you actually did and whether you used it and liked it. I know Bit got some for his Hyundai.
I did! I like it a lot. Super easy to use, smells good...good beading...
Old 11-07-23, 08:56 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

A customer is attempting to pay me to fix a car with another car as my payment.....thoughts? He wants the oil pan replaced on his 2011 infinity G37, the IS300 runs and drives but poorly. Not a manual car.

I also broke two of my personal records for working on cars, set a new best for a head removal and trans replacement.

Had an issue with an engine I built recently, valve guide cracked due to machine shop error. I'm angry but I set a new personal record for head removal in 37 minutes, the hemi is insanely easy to work on.

Also set a record for a trans job on a 2011 charger interceptor, out and replacement in from the time I went to drive the car into the shop and then drove it out took 2:12!

Fastest trans replacement I've ever done, I love how easy Chryslers are to work on. Literally the easiest of any brand
Old 11-07-23, 09:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Sounds like your customer needs a break

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 11-07-23 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-07-23, 09:20 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

A customer is attempting to pay me to fix a car with another car as my payment.....thoughts? He wants the oil pan replaced on his 2011 infinity G37, the IS300 runs and drives but poorly. Not a manual car.
Heck yeah friend.
As long as it doesn't have a rod knock, bad compression, or slipping transmission it should be worth a couple grand $$$ in beater condition if you can make it run well with good heat and AC.

Had an issue with an engine I built recently, valve guide cracked due to machine shop error. I'm angry but I set a new personal record for head removal in 37 minutes, the hemi is insanely easy to work on.

Also set a record for a trans job on a 2011 charger interceptor, out and replacement in from the time I went to drive the car into the shop and then drove it out took 2:12!

Fastest trans replacement I've ever done, I love how easy Chryslers are to work on. Literally the easiest of any brand
Ahem, lolol
I see you cut the exhaust pipes for clearance or something.

Awesome work around hack, splice and done... I love it.
Old 11-07-23, 09:54 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Margate330
Heck yeah friend.
As long as it doesn't have a rod knock, bad compression, or slipping transmission it should be worth a couple grand $$$ in beater condition if you can make it run well with good heat and AC.

Ahem, lolol
I see you cut the exhaust pipes for clearance or something.

Awesome work around hack, splice and done... I love it.
Yeah that I did lol! They are welded back how they should be and I did ask if they were okay with it, they didn't care at all......plus it's so much easier vs dropping the exhaust for me!
Old 11-07-23, 09:59 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 103 Likes on 73 Posts

What in the hell happened to that poor IS300?

Some people shouldn't be allowed to touch cars.
Old 11-07-23, 10:08 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks

That's what I'm thinking too. lol

It looks like maybe a kid owns it.
And, I'm wondering how in the hell they got the tire bead to stick since it looks like the tires are too narrow for the rims.

Funny thing is a teenager would probably buy that car exactly how it sits.
Old 11-08-23, 05:41 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 236 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks

I know. This is a reallllly good (bad) example.
Old 11-08-23, 05:56 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 426 Likes on 283 Posts

You might like the VRP if you don't like overly shiny. I am going to try Meguiar's just for kicks and to see the difference but I was pleased with the VRP.

For the spray topper, you might find this thread interesting- Magic Shield Graphene is what someone recommended after testing other products. Link: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...winner-is.html
Old 11-08-23, 07:05 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

You need to stop posting new stuff so too often.
I don't like shiny either. I tried all kind of stuff I got from Autgeek. The last thing I bought was Meguiars Tire gel from Walmart. I've been using this same bottle for well over three years because I got it way before COVID. It does the job well for me.
For top spray, I got the Turtle Wax Hybrid Steve recommended a while back. All smells are bad but this product line smell is kind of pleasant. Stop by your neighborhood Walmart. They may have all you need.
Old 11-08-23, 08:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I don't really want to put miles on it though but I can just hardly drive it or something for a couple months to make up for it.
that makes no sense at all, lol. do the drive, enjoy the road trip, keep driving it after you get back. it's not like you're selling it any time soon and a few hundred miles will make no difference.

Originally Posted by AJT123
Yes, I can hop a cheapppppppp flight to Chicago and rent a pickup. But I don’t think it would fit in a standard pickup bed. It’s 62 inches wide I think.
you can have the top at an angle in the bed you know... doesn't have to lay flat but while it's 62" wide, i doubt it's 62" long so just turn 90 degrees?

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Sounds like your customer needs a break therapy
ftfy.

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation