Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2022 Cars - plastic fantastic

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-22, 03:04 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,225 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by 703
That’s assuming carmakers know what they are doing. Case in point:

https://www.torquenews.com/3768/gm-r...-bad-jacks/amp

Once the recall is underway, dealers will replace the recalled jack with a metal jack with a different design. Undelivered vehicles will have the plastic jack removed prior to delivery and owners will be given a replacement metal jack as soon as one is available.”
Hey man, the FEA said it would be fine......
Old 07-13-22, 03:05 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Plastic jack? Amazing they claim it is perfect safe if you position it in just the right way. Eff off GM they should be sued.

On Dyson vacuums I have one, it has to be cleaned with....a vacuum or it eventually keeps shutting down.
Yeah that's what pissed me off with mine. Seriously stupid, a Kirby takes literally 3 min to pull the brushroll out and fully clean anything that got wrapped up off and readjust it if wanted.
Old 07-13-22, 03:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Plastic jack? Amazing they claim it is perfect safe if you position it in just the right way. Eff off GM they should be sued.

On Dyson vacuums I have one, it has to be cleaned with....a vacuum or it eventually keeps shutting down.
Thats GM for you. When Toyota or Lexus does something like that we’ll talk lol

Oh and I also have a Dyson, two actually. They are total garbage. So disappointed in them. They clog so easily and like you said have to be vacuumed out.

May as well set your $500 on fire.
Old 07-13-22, 03:13 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Thats GM for you. When Toyota or Lexus does something like that we’ll talk lol

Oh and I also have a Dyson, two actually. They are total garbage. So disappointed in them. They clog so easily and like you said have to be vacuumed out.

May as well set your $500 on fire.
Uh......my Ball allergen two actually literally did catch on fire so close enough! I bought the marketing hype and was so letdown by it I went on a quest to find the "best" vacuum, that's how I ended up with what I have now. Nothing like two finger vacuuming with so much suction you can see the whole carpet get lifted off the pad, the power assist makes the thing have zero arm effort.
Old 07-13-22, 03:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Total garbage. So angry I fell for the hype and have $1,000 invested in them.
Old 07-13-22, 03:22 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Total garbage. So angry I fell for the hype and have $1,000 invested in them.
you really have to talk the vacuum repair shop owners. They will tell you what is best. When my Sears model broke, I thought maybe I will see if it can get fixed this time around. $100 and we have been good for quite a while.

there is a German brand that is highly recommended by the shoppe I went to. Need to look it up
Old 07-13-22, 03:44 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
you really have to talk the vacuum repair shop owners. They will tell you what is best. When my Sears model broke, I thought maybe I will see if it can get fixed this time around. $100 and we have been good for quite a while.

there is a German brand that is highly recommended by the shoppe I went to. Need to look it up
SEBO, they are highly effective and lightweight. They lack a self drive system and are not exactly easily serviceable but they have one of the best indirect air motor system on the market next to Riccar. They both have very convenient onboard hoses, the weakness of Kirby is you need to convert it to canister/roller mode to use a hose but since the attachment point is low it follows you as you move.

https://evacuumstore.com/p-34675-sebo-automatic-x7-premium-graphite.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqcfQpfj2-AIV6WJyCh2PogJqEAQYAiABEgJqo_D_BwE

Rainbow makes the best unit for stairs IMO, the powered head is better than an Oreck brushbar and WAY lighter to use. I haven't found one yet that I like/right price so I'm just using an Oreck for stairs right now since I have an old one. I have three carpeted staircases so it's a pain to use the Kirby in stair mode due to weight

Last edited by Striker223; 07-13-22 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-13-22, 03:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
SEBO, they are highly effective and lightweight. They lack a self drive system and are not exactly easily serviceable but they have one of the best indirect air motor system on the market next to Riccar
That is the one. The guy who owns the shop says it’s best vacuum

https://www.sebocanada.ca/upright/
Old 07-13-22, 03:52 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

That is the one. The guy who owns the shop says it’s best vacuum

https://www.sebocanada.ca/upright/
They are very good, I almost got one but decided I preferred the outright power and self propel function of the Kirby. Oddly enough it also takes less power at the wall.....

I tested it by throwing two full handfuls of dirt onto the carpets and walking over it, each vacuum got one foward and back pass at 10 seconds total. The Kirby not only won I thought it cheated somehow since it got all of it, for me that made it worth it to live with the lower convenience of having to do the tool changeovers

Last edited by Striker223; 07-13-22 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-13-22, 04:00 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

They are very good, I almost got one but decided I preferred the outright power and self propel function of the Kirby. Oddly enough it also takes less power at the wall.....

I tested it by throwing two full handfuls of dirt onto the carpets and walking over it, each vacuum got one coward and back pass at 10 seconds total. The Kirby not only won I thought it cheated somehow since it got all of it, for me that made it worth it to live with the lower convenience of having to do the tool changeovers
‘What was the price delta?

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 07-13-22 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-13-22, 04:03 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

‘What was the piece delta?
$1000......but I bought I used G6 and diamond edition from greatvacs for $500 each, I also found one someone was throwing away and refit it and gave it as a gift to my parents.

I have Karastan triexta carpets (you leave footprints in it and they are DENSE) in my house and they no joke will stall out most vacuums but these things just somehow do not care at all. Literally 2 finger effort if the assist is live, turn it off and you will have a very hard time moving it at all due to how hard it seals to the carpet.

This stuff is very difficult to vacuum since the uprights tend to sink in and stall. Killed my Dyson animal on day one after we installed two rooms.....

Last edited by Striker223; 07-13-22 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-13-22, 04:11 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

$1000......but I bought I used G6 and diamond edition from greatvacs for $500 each, I also found one someone was throwing away and refit it and gave it as a gift to my parents.

I have Karastan triexta carpets (you leave footprints in it and they are DENSE) in my house and they no joke will stall out most vacuums but these things just somehow do not care at all. Literally 2 finger effort if the assist is live, turn it off and you will have a very hard time moving it at all due to how hard it seals to the carpet.
So how often do you have to vacuum these carpets?
Old 07-13-22, 04:15 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,960 Likes on 2,494 Posts

Have this cordless vacuum Have this cordless vacuum
I like it better than my Dyson. It is not quite as powerful but doesn't clog nearly as easily the floor brush never has hair tangles. I clean it out with a leaf blower every couple of months that's it.

This is the best vacuum ever made, no contest. It is at least 5x more powerful than any Dyson I don't think there is a more powerful vacuum except for industrial. There is no dust leakage at all can vacuum very small particles even dry wall dust, cement, flour etc. this stuff will clog or even ruin almost all vacuums. It's heavy the body is cast aluminum alloy.
Old 07-13-22, 04:19 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

So how often do you have to vacuum these carpets?
I do it once a week minimum, usually every 3 days or whenever I see anything on them. We don't wear shoes inside/have house only slippers but the hardwood areas are walked on with shoes and you inevitably kick particles toward the carpeted areas
Old 07-13-22, 04:19 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Have this cordless vacuum I like it better than my Dyson. It is not quite as powerful but doesn't clog nearly as easily the floor brush never has hair tangles. I clean it out with a leaf blower every couple of months that's it.

This is the best vacuum ever made, no contest. It is at least 5x more powerful than any Dyson I don't think there is a more powerful vacuum except for industrial. There is no dust leakage at all can vacuum very small particles even dry wall dust, cement, flour etc. this stuff will clog or even ruin almost all vacuums. It's heavy the body is cast aluminum alloy.
I love how that vacuum is from 1993. Amazing. Old stuff sometimes is superior to new stuff.

“ they don’t make them like they used to“. Really is real.

Quick Reply: 2022 Cars - plastic fantastic