Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Breaking: California to Ban New Gas-Powered Vehicle Sales Starting in 2035

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-22, 09:49 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,061 Likes on 2,573 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
That guy again?

Sorry but zero credibility he spouts the same talking points at times word for word as Toyota.

Putting that aside back up your claim that a petrol car can produce zero pollution.
Old 08-26-22, 09:52 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I guess you are right, I just don't like put people in a certain category. Yes, it's definitely a political stunt. In the end I don't believe California is going to ban ICE. As an owner of two EV's and as you can tell an advocate of EV's, I say let the market determine the fate of either ICE of EV. But By the way EV's are being adopted out here, I believe strongly ICE sales will just die on their own. If I'm wrong, then I'll accept that and people can go back and pull this from the archives.

Batteries can only get cheaper. That is the nature of almost every product produced. I just bought a TV for for $1300 that was $5K when it first came out. The market sets prices in the end
TVs are getting cheaper because there is less demand for them and they are relatively simple machines relative to other tech we use like phones, iPads, computers.
Phones for example have continued to increase in price.

Car prices will not go down but will increase dramatically in the future due to much more complicated software with battery technology. Also all the other safety and tech stuff now required.
Old 08-26-22, 09:55 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,267 Likes on 1,766 Posts

TVs are getting cheaper because there is less demand for them and they are relatively simple machines relative to other tech we use like phones, iPads, computers.
Phones for example have continued to increase in price.

Car prices will not go down but will increase dramatically in the future due to much more complicated software with battery technology. Also all the other safety and tech stuff now required.
That is such a tired argument. Stop throwing me such low *****, c'mon man give me some real red meat I can chew on!
Old 08-26-22, 09:58 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LeX2K
That guy again?

Sorry but zero credibility he spouts the same talking points at times word for word as Toyota.

Putting that aside back up your claim that a petrol car can produce zero pollution.
I gave you my Personal example of my M3.
I know tons of ppl that have performance cars with less than 10k miles in 5yrs - how much pollution is that, practically Zero.

New ICE cars that majority of ppl buy like Civic, Prius, Corrolla, RAV4 are extremely clean and cause very little pollution.
Old 08-26-22, 10:00 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
That is such a tired argument. Stop throwing me such low *****, c'mon man give me some real red meat I can chew on!
Because you know its true.

EVs will not be cheap to buy, fix or repair. Anything software related needs special computers that your neighborhood mechanic will not be able to work on.

Tesla MANDATES that you use their body shops for any accident damage or they will void your warranty. Obviously they are Much more expensive than a shop you would choose and provide worse results.
Old 08-26-22, 10:01 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I gave you my Personal example of my M3.
I know tons of ppl that have performance cars with less than 10k miles in 5yrs - how much pollution is that, practically Zero.

New ICE cars that majority of ppl buy like Civic, Prius, Corrolla, RAV4 are extremely clean and cause very little pollution.
Let me ask you, what if I'm buying an EV because it outperforms and drives better than ICE in every way, and I don't really care about pollution or carbon footprints? I suspect just like mining the earth doesn't keep you awake, you don't really care about carbon emissions. Is that fair?
Old 08-26-22, 10:03 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Because you know its true.

EVs will not be cheap to buy, fix or repair. Anything software related needs special computers that you neighborhood mechanic will not be able to work on.
Sorry but you are talking as a person with ZERO experience with EV's. There's nothing to fix on an EV except the consumables like tires and brakes. Most of what goes wrong with an EV is software, which is usually fixed quickly by an OTA update or the shop manually installs it. How do I know this? Well I've been around several EV owners over the last 10 years and have owned two for the last two years
Old 08-26-22, 10:04 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

i asked before to debate the thread topic, and no one has. closed.