Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New M45 for 2005

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-03, 08:00 PM
ChrisFL
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Captain Bone
This is over in the lobby too drew..

I like it though.. at least on the outside..

I hate the moonroof and the interior leaves a lot to be desired.

-Anthony
Funny, I'm thinking the exact opposite. The exterior IMO could use a lot of work but the interior is nice.
Old 10-18-03, 11:08 AM
TheOfficeBoy
Rookie

Looks far better than the current M45, which looked dated before it even got out the door.
But I prefer cars that don't look like upsized/downsized versions of other cars in the line (something Nissan, BMW, and Mercedes are very guilty of).

For example, the Altima and Maxima look pretty similar, just as the G35 looks like the M45 (this one).
Old 10-18-03, 01:21 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by TheOfficeBoy
Looks far better than the current M45, which looked dated before it even got out the door.
But I prefer cars that don't look like upsized/downsized versions of other cars in the line (something Nissan, BMW, and Mercedes are very guilty of).

For example, the Altima and Maxima look pretty similar, just as the G35 looks like the M45 (this one).
I think the purpose of the M45 was to be nostalgic of the older muscle cars, with the long trunk, and squared fornt end. I personally loved the stlye, and the datedness may have been either misinterpreted or not quie planned well enough by infiniti. For one thing though, I definitley agree with you on the dislike towards the upsized/downsized look of cars in the lineups.

James
Old 10-18-03, 01:27 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by TheOfficeBoy

I think the purpose of the M45 was to be nostalgic of the older muscle cars, with the long trunk, and squared fornt end. I personally loved the stlye, and the datedness may have been either misinterpreted or not quie planned well enough by infiniti. For one thing though, I definitley agree with you on the dislike towards the upsized/downsized look of cars in the lineups.

James
Old 10-18-03, 05:18 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by amy011079
one word. DAYUM!!!!
LOL, I would have to agree, I like it alot... Have alot of "NEW" things on it I bet its going to be exp...

Shawn
Old 10-19-03, 10:38 PM
VorghenRiz
Driver School Candidate

This new "M35/45" is supposed to fit in the slot between the G35 and the Q45. I was reading in the freshalloy.com forums and what they're saying is that the M35 is essentially the G35's big brother. Now that I look at it, the styling is sorta similar. Especially the rear end. If the front head lights were slanted more vertically, then we'd be closer to G35 design. Anyhow, I like it compared to the Lexus LFS. At least, based on exterior design only.

Toyota/Lexus should start taking some hints from Infiniti in terms of not being so conservative. Their fit, finish, and quality are above Infiniti's, but they really need to inject more "passion" into their "passionate persuit of perfection".
Old 10-20-03, 12:26 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully, actual production car will look as good as these CGIs.

Last edited by ChronoJ1; 10-20-03 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-20-03, 12:50 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

This car reminds me of the Camry Solara with the Sc430 look . Where as this one is modeled after the G35...
Old 10-20-03, 05:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally posted by LexAristo
. . . . . . . this one is modeled after the G35...
That's a smart move, modelling after their first big hit.

Wonder how close to the actual production car will that interior be.
Old 10-20-03, 07:45 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Digging the LED fogs! :P
Old 10-21-03, 02:16 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by sc400texas
this is what I would like it to look like... a few subtle changes- I dont like the headlights in the original, but like this they look hot... plus a few other things--
Definitely with you on the light mod, the lower bumper though, I think I would change.

Personally, I think Inifiniti will have a hit on their hands with this car. Infiniti/Nissan is starting to design out of the box and it looks good IMO. Now if Lexus/Toyota would start making stuff that is so conservative....

If the new GS isn't what it's cracked up to be, then I think the Fuga is going to be my next car. I'm sure Junction-Produce, Wald, and AutoCouture will relelase nice kits for the car (I think those three companies make the best looking kits for the higher end JDM Nissans...) Looks like 20's will be perfect. Hopefully, it will be able to take wider wheels than the GS or at the very least, have a more friendly front brake setup (behind the mounting pad) for big brake & big lip friendliness...
Old 10-21-03, 05:51 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Guys your right that thing does like nice and the price will be decent too!
Old 10-22-03, 08:41 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts
Default New FUGA Pics :

In real life, doesn't look as good as the CG images posted earlier IMO, but still an impressive looking car.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-22-03 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-22-03, 04:22 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Simply......STUNNING!!!!!!

Old 10-22-03, 11:41 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I really like the Fuga's interior but the exterior is not all that great. It looks too much like a combination of the G35sedan and new Maxima put together, plus those tailights are ugly. But with some nice rims and a bodykit, it will def look great.

Compared to the LF-S concept, the Fuga's exterior design looks very boring IMO.

Quick Reply: New M45 for 2005