Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ferrari Purosangue SUV

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-22, 08:10 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
It is a bit generic, for me it looks like a Mach E with a styling kit. It's easily the least ambitious Ferrari design in recent years. Still want one, though!

As for the Urus/Bentayga/Cayenne Turbo etc similarities, I think they all have enough of their own character and design DNA to stand alone even though they are related. They are all successful designs and they all follow their brand design language.
You have to see it in person, the Mach-E comparisons will immediately stop. I love this car and wish I had the means to buy one after seeing it in the flesh. Also, I would say the Bentayga is far from a successful design. The facelift helped a little but I'm hoping the Gen 2 is a better effort.
Old 09-20-22, 01:29 AM
NoFi
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Portofino is not a great looking car. Take off Ferrari badge and nobody would ever look twice at it.

Ferrari designs have been mostly average ever since they stopped using Pininfarina.
It's perhaps a little conservative for a Ferrari, but it absolutely breaks necks in most cities around the world.