Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2023 Lexus LC500: What's New and Notable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-22, 08:41 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

North America is it’s biggest market, and they aren’t removing the LC500 without the LC500h going with it.
I think the LC will go maybe 8 model years, and get replaced by a different sports/sporty car all together.
Old 10-24-22, 08:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Is the green color for the LC500h only? I saw this color once and thought it was nice. What I find interesting last time I was in Japan is I didn't see nice cars there as I thought I would see. I randomly saw a nice car here and there and one night with a group of super cars but that was it. On a normal day, most cars are quite old but super clean.
you mean the Nori Green ? That’s available for all LC models.
Old 10-24-22, 09:44 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

What i never understood is 2 things:

1 - Why the hell is there no Fsport model on the most sportiest model in the lineup?! How hard is it to make the Dynamic Handling pack, an Fsport model with blacked out trim, some unique F wheels, and some F badges on the seats etc.

2 - why not offer the V6 turbo from the LS500 as a model starting in low 80s to compete with BMW 840i?

If anyone in Toyota Japan just cared a little about the Lexus brand, it would be immensely more competitive.
Old 10-24-22, 09:53 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
What i never understood is 2 things:

1 - Why the hell is there no Fsport model on the most sportiest model in the lineup?! How hard is it to make the Dynamic Handling pack, an Fsport model with blacked out trim, some unique F wheels, and some F badges on the seats etc.
I don't know this car well but I think it's great for what it is. Making an FSport model doesn't seem a good fit here IMO. FSport is more like "want to be F". It's a good fit for others but not this one. This thing is already sport. It's like GSF doesn't need another name option.
Old 10-24-22, 10:51 AM
Lead Lap

Received 793 Likes on 538 Posts

F sport is really just a everyday Lexus wannabe sporty.

When it’s a sporty car to begin with, F sport has no meaning.
Old 10-24-22, 10:55 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

So strange to see people want a "sporty" Lexus. I thought Lexus was about having a whisper quiet experience
Old 10-24-22, 11:04 AM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
it sells in markets where gas is way more expensive. i think i read the take rate is 50/50 in japan.
That would make sense if the LC wasn't a low-volume halo car. The hybrid only dilutes the image of the vehicle.

At least they made the right call by offering the convertible as V8 only, and now that outsells the coupe.
Old 10-24-22, 11:13 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1111GS
I don't know this car well but I think it's great for what it is. Making an FSport model doesn't seem a good fit here IMO. FSport is more like "want to be F". It's a good fit for others but not this one. This thing is already sport. It's like GSF doesn't need another name option.
Its a great car that can be even better.
F and Fsport is a sub-brand within Lexus that they spent vast amount of $$$ on, yet they failed to put it on the sportiest model. Not only is it a missed opportunity to offer a sportier variant for the enthusiast but its just bad business.

Its human nature to want something unique and being able to say hey i have the Fsport model meaning you have the sportiest offering. Marketing is extremely important especially if you are selling $100k+ weekend cars that are an emotional purchase.
Old 10-24-22, 11:15 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 703
F sport is really just a everyday Lexus wannabe sporty.

When it’s a sporty car to begin with, F sport has no meaning.
LC is an everyday car.
Its a GT luxo coupe like 8series.

This is not some 911 competitor ready for track duty.
Old 10-24-22, 11:17 AM
Doctj
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
That would make sense if the LC wasn't a low-volume halo car. The hybrid only dilutes the image of the vehicle.

At least they made the right call by offering the convertible as V8 only, and now that outsells the coupe.
didn’t know the convertible outsold the coupe.
I would’ve figured the coupe would have , given It comes with the extra bit of sporty options that the convertible doesn’t come with
Old 10-24-22, 11:18 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
So strange to see people want a "sporty" Lexus. I thought Lexus was about having a whisper quiet experience
Not sure if joking but Lexus has been trying to get rid of that image since LFA and F brand was introduced.

100yrs from now if Lexus still exists, it will be remembered for having one of the best sounding cars of all time in the LFA, not about how whisper quiet they are lol.
Old 10-24-22, 11:19 AM
Doctj
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Its a great car that can be even better.
F and Fsport is a sub-brand within Lexus that they spent vast amount of $$$ on, yet they failed to put it on the sportiest model. Not only is it a missed opportunity to offer a sportier variant for the enthusiast but its just bad business.

Its human nature to want something unique and being able to say hey i have the Fsport model meaning you have the sportiest offering. Marketing is extremely important especially if you are selling $100k+ weekend cars that are an emotional purchase.
with keeping in mind that they had to soften the suspension from the 18 forward since most thought was harsh. I, for one, would think there would be a market for an F model of this car. It would truly be the last of its kind.
Old 10-24-22, 11:23 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Doctj
didn’t know the convertible outsold the coupe.
I would’ve figured the coupe would have , given It comes with the extra bit of sporty options that the convertible doesn’t come with
Its just bad marketing on Lexus side - most ppl don’t even know about Dynamic handling pack and that the car offers rear wheel steering. Some just test drive the base version and move on. I personally know a few ppl who had no idea about this package.
If there was Fsport variant, potential buyers from other brands would ask for the sportiest variant to see if its enough to switch from Ftype or 8series etc.
Old 10-24-22, 11:59 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Not sure if joking but Lexus has been trying to get rid of that image since LFA and F brand was introduced.

100yrs from now if Lexus still exists, it will be remembered for having one of the best sounding cars of all time in the LFA, not about how whisper quiet they are lol.
I don't know if it is a joke either. LOL. I see most people on here complain about Lexus 24/7 and most are stuck in the past with their old ways (such as the Lexus LS400 champagne ad...and value value value.. On the hand, when Lexus does something sporty, I see rejection of the sporty efforts. For example: mention that Lexus needs a new V8 (think Lexus LX) and see that for yourself. I agree that Lexus has tried really really hard to remove themselves from their past image. I don't think Lexus is doing themselves any favours holding on to ancient powertrains like the 5.0litre V8. (full disclosure: I have an ancient V6 in my 21 Toyota). I agree that a F-Sport LC500 would help shake things up a bit....but for some reason Lexus has just not done that. This decision reminds of Toyota Land Cruiser and how the Land Cruiser lacks a TRD PRO model (unlike every other body on frame Toyota truck or SUV in America) I don't agree that Lexus will be looked back upon their efforts for the LFA.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 10-24-22 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-24-22, 11:59 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Motorola

they don't have enough space for both the convertible top and the battery pack lol

Quick Reply: 2023 Lexus LC500: What's New and Notable?