Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2023 Lexus LC500: What's New and Notable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-22, 01:10 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
F and Fsport is a sub-brand within Lexus that they spent vast amount of $$$ on, yet they failed to put it on the sportiest model. Not only is it a missed opportunity to offer a sportier variant for the enthusiast but its just bad business.
If you had an LC, would you like to have the FSports badge on it? I personally wouldn't want it. I would think LC owners feel the same. Or we would have seen some LC with FSports badge.
Old 10-24-22, 02:12 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 297 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
So strange to see people want a "sporty" Lexus. I thought Lexus was about having a whisper quiet experience
Why can’t it be both? BMW makes both the ultra-plush 7- and 8-series, along with legit track weapons like the M2 CS and M4 CSL. Mercedes has made interstate couches in the S and SL class, but also the literally-wants-to-murder-you C63s Black Series.

Lexus’ history isn’t quite as storied in this regard, but between the IS-F, LFA, RC-F, they’ve shown some legitimate performance chops. Nobody had an issue with the IS-F and LFA being sold alongside the LS600hL. I’ll be the first to say there’s nothing wrong with the LC500 as it is. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for a more hardcore version. Think AMG GT coupe or M8 Competition and you’ll be in the right wheelhouse.
Old 10-24-22, 02:18 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
Why can’t it be both? BMW makes both the ultra-plush 7- and 8-series, along with legit track weapons like the M2 CS and M4 CSL. Mercedes has made interstate couches in the S and SL class, but also the literally-wants-to-murder-you C63s Black Series.

Lexus’ history isn’t quite as storied in this regard, but between the IS-F, LFA, RC-F, they’ve shown some legitimate performance chops. Nobody had an issue with the IS-F and LFA being sold alongside the LS600hL. I’ll be the first to say there’s nothing wrong with the LC500 as it is. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for a more hardcore version. Think AMG GT coupe or M8 Competition and you’ll be in the right wheelhouse.
Sure. Need a all new V8 that is very good.
Old 10-24-22, 04:15 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
If you had an LC, would you like to have the FSports badge on it? I personally wouldn't want it. I would think LC owners feel the same. Or we would have seen some LC with FSports badge.
Yes I personally would choose the Fsport trim level especially if it had some type of blue stitching / accents. For me, it would be a model that is more unique than a regular LC500. It would also be identifiable to other enthusiasts.

All automakers do this whether its M3 Competition, 911 GTS, AMG GTS.
Its all trim levels to separate your ride and add unique touches.

Also I’m not saying just put the Fsport badge but actually make it a sportier model. The crazy thing is they have the Dynamic Handling pack already so just take that and call it Fsport model! Boom very simple and everyone know “hey thats the one thats the sporty variant”
Old 10-24-22, 04:25 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Sure. Need a all new V8 that is very good.
There is nothing wrong with the current Lexus V8.
I drove the LC500 vert and SL63 back to back and prefer the sound of the LC by far.

Obviously a more powerful version would be great but the turbo motors don’t sound nearly as good.
Old 10-24-22, 04:28 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

You can make it look like a “sport” trim if you bespoke build it with the cf roof, cf fixed wing and the 21” forged rims, even with a Touring model with none of the performance/handling options. If you insist on the F-sport badge, that won’t be difficult
Old 10-24-22, 04:28 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
There is nothing wrong with the current Lexus V8.
I drove the LC500 vert and SL63 back to back and prefer the sound of the LC by far.

Obviously a more powerful version would be great but the turbo motors don’t sound nearly as good.
Lexus could follow the foot steps of Chevrolet. GM built a new naturally aspirated V8. 670hp. Hand build. No need for turbo is sound is the concern
Old 10-24-22, 04:33 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Lexus could follow the foot steps of Chevrolet. GM built a new naturally aspirated V8. 670hp. Hand build. No need for turbo is sound is the concern
but they know they will sell a whole lot more corvettes than LC’s (look at huge difference in sales for corvettes), which makes it much more worthwhile to invest in a new V8
Old 10-24-22, 04:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
but they know they will sell a whole lot more corvettes than LC’s (look at huge difference in sales for corvettes), which makes it much more worthwhile to invest in a new V8
The current 5.0 V8 is sold in many applications. Century V8 (although tuned slightly different), RC, LC, IS. I’m sure they could add a new engine to the LS. The new ZO6 is even more exclusive as it’s only for one trim. All other vettes use the 6.2 which is used in their trucks and SUVs.
Old 10-24-22, 04:40 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

The current 5.0 V8 is sold in many applications. Century V8 (although tuned slightly different), RC, LC, IS. I’m sure they could add a new engine to the LS. The new ZO6 is even more exclusive as it’s only for one trim. All other vettes use the 6.2 which is used in their trucks and SUVs.
but you are talking about a new V8 for Lexus with 600+hp for the LC, not the current ones used in many applications, they won’t bother to even add TT for LC F even though they have already allegedly worked on it
Old 10-24-22, 04:49 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

They did not build a new engine. The LT4 has been available for 8 years, and has been in 4 different US vehicles. They sold 52,000 of them prior to Cadillac getting their hands on it. The CT5-V Blackwing (which I absolutely love, so don’t get me wrong) is much more Durango Hellcat than it is Mustang GT500. GM saw an opportunity to put a fantastic drivetrain that they already had, into a great platform that they already had. They absolutely built a car for the ages, but they didn’t build it from scratch by any means.
Old 10-24-22, 04:53 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

They did not build a new engine. The LT4 has been available for 8 years, and has been in 4 different US vehicles. They sold 52,000 of them prior to Cadillac getting their hands on it. The CT5-V Blackwing (which I absolutely love, so don’t get me wrong) is much more Durango Hellcat than it is Mustang GT500. GM saw an opportunity to put a fantastic drivetrain that they already had, into a great platform that they already had. They absolutely built a car for the ages, but they didn’t build it from scratch by any means.
GM did bulld a new engine. The 5.5 naturally aspirated V8. The most powerful naturally aspirated V8 in production. Hand-built. All-new for 2023 Corvette Z06. Corvette now has two engines, the 6.2 supercharged V8 also a hand built model.

so there is this talk about having a all-out LC500..why not build a new V8?
Old 10-24-22, 05:01 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

GM did bulld a new engine. The 5.5 naturally aspirated V8. The most powerful naturally aspirated V8 in production. Hand-built. All-new for 2023 Corvette Z06. Corvette now has two engines, the 6.2 supercharged V8 also a hand built model.

so there is this talk about having a all-out LC500..why not build a new V8?
You are right. Given the context I thought we were on the BW, but yes the LT7 is a marvel. However, to keep things fair, the Z06 is back ordered until 3037, so GM will get its development dollars back. The LC is already pretty low-volume (which is fine), and a hardcore version of it would garner only a fraction of those already-tiny sales. Sinking the better part of a billion dollars into a bespoke engine for said special edition would never turn out in Lexus’ favor.
Old 10-24-22, 05:48 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,193 Likes on 887 Posts

The new one shares literally nothing. It's an all new engine.
Old 10-24-22, 06:48 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
they don't have enough space for both the convertible top and the battery pack lol
Mercedes made a hybrid convertible so I don't think that's the problem.

Quick Reply: 2023 Lexus LC500: What's New and Notable?