Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2023 Lexus LS: What's New and Notable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-22, 08:35 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
the article said a "new" 12.3 infotainment screen... isn't it the same screen but just with the new software and no remote touch?
I think it is the same software
Old 12-01-22, 09:06 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
At least they removed the awful remote touch interface. My mother and father had it in their Lexus…to see them despise it was just tragic. And the lack of a dedicated Air Conditioning button was a bonehead move This will be the last LS in sedan form. Needs a turbo V8 anyways
While you know I agree about the LS500, who cares about an A/C button?

I've never turned mine off in any of my cars that I can remember, or used that button at all. But then I'm a big "Auto" climate guy.
Old 12-01-22, 09:43 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

wow, seems like a lot of wasted space now... where's the wireless phone charger?
And the display.... why that analog clock there? They want to keep the tradition but couldn't find a better place for it? Wireless charger pad is probably inside one of those compartments.

Originally Posted by Stroock639
i still hardly see these... it's still quite common to see an LS 460 and even the occasional 430 but i almost never see the "500"
this all makes me worried for the future, i fear toyota have too alienated the customer base with this model that doesn't really appeal to any particular type of enthusiast
I do look out for this model but I see two around me, one regular and one f sports. I guess that syndrome that Steve once said does not work for LS500. It's a flagship, so it most likely won't be discontinued. But they need to do more work and fast. Too much to justify the price tag.
Old 12-01-22, 09:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
But then I'm a big "Auto" climate guy.
and lexctjill is definitely not. lol
Old 12-01-22, 09:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
And the display.... why that analog clock there? They want to keep the tradition but couldn't find a better place for it?
i assume they wanted the screen to be further to the right to be more viewable from driver's seat and then had this 'space' to the screen's left, so put the clock there. it definitely is not a good look.

Wireless charger pad is probably inside one of those compartments.
what compartments? the one to the right is cup holders.

I do look out for this model but I see two around me, one regular and one f sports. I guess that syndrome that Steve once said does not work for LS500.
actually the more i see it, the more i like it. i sat in one for a while recently at a dealer... the quality really is very high and i really like the curving parallel lines across the dash. but rear seat room isn't great for sure.

It's a flagship, so it most likely won't be discontinued. But they need to do more work and fast. Too much to justify the price tag.
speaking of price tag, i think it's priced significantly lower than mb/audi/bmw so that may be partly how it snags some customers. but then you compare it to a genesis g90 and it really shows how it's lacking.
Old 12-01-22, 10:01 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

i assume they wanted the screen to be further to the right to be more viewable from driver's seat and then had this 'space' to the screen's left, so put the clock there. it definitely is not a good look.
One of the things I l very like about the current BMW's design is the display being angled to the driver. Once used to it, everything else looks very distant.
what compartments? the one to the right is cup holders.
You can see how much I know about the LS. Could it be under the armrest? But wireless Carplay doesn't mean it includes wireless charger.
speaking of price tag, i think it's priced significantly lower than mb/audi/bmw so that may be partly how it snags some customers. but then you compare it to a genesis g90 and it really shows how it's lacking.
I was referring to the ES.
Old 12-01-22, 11:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

the article said a "new" 12.3 infotainment screen... isn't it the same screen but just with the new software and no remote touch?
Yep, it is
Old 06-22-23, 10:13 AM
rakebquraishi
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed that for the LS500 F Sport, almost all the dealerships here in Illinois always say that rear heated seats option is unavailable and that if I really need it then I would need to do an after market installation. However, I did see some walkaround exterior and interior videos on YouTube where the rear heated seats option is available on the LS500 F Sport. The buttons for that are on the center arm rest of the rear seats (I will paste the link to the video I was referring to at the end). I understand rear heated seats would come as a part of some package (either the luxury or executive) and upon speaking with Lexus corporate, they said that the rear heated seats option is available for the LS500 F Sport, but the participating dealerships decide what would sell most for them so they pick and choose the packages for their builds and that the dealerships answer would be the final answer. Has there been any update on this for 2023 or is anyone familiar with any dealership that offer rear heated seats on the LS500 F Sport ?

(for rear heated seats option please see from 01:25)

Last edited by rakebquraishi; 06-22-23 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-22-23, 03:36 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor
2023 Lexus LS: What's New and Notable?
By Brett Foote

The legendary luxury sedan gets a few updates for the new model year.
Originally Posted by pbm317

I just can't get over how ugly this car is. It really is a disaster in almost every single way. Interior quality may be good but that screen completely ruins the inside. You know it's BAD when an analog clock can't even fix the screen. My god what buffoon designed that?? Looks like that thing belongs in a cheap Malibu from 12 years ago. If a luxury brand is going to put a screen in their flagship, at least make sure it's done right, similar to Mercedes or BMW. Major failure from Lexus. THIS IS 2023, NOT 2013!!!

The entire car is horrible and is quite honestly one of the ugliest looking sedans of all time, and I'm a big sedan guy. This though, is a disaster. It's bad enough that it has a V6, less rear legroom than the ES, and an overly sporty suspension design. The looks are arguably the worst element of this entire flop.
Old 06-22-23, 03:44 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

Yep, the Lexus LS will be toast in another year or two.

Sad. Not bc the 500 sucks, but just bc they were such amazing automobiles and pieces of engineering in the past.

LS once had legit chops.
Old 06-22-23, 03:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Originally Posted by xjokerz
I just can't get over how ugly this car is. It really is a disaster in almost every single way. Interior quality may be good but that screen completely ruins the inside. You know it's BAD when an analog clock can't even fix the screen. My god what buffoon designed that?? Looks like that thing belongs in a cheap Malibu from 12 years ago. If a luxury brand is going to put a screen in their flagship, at least make sure it's done right, similar to Mercedes or BMW. Major failure from Lexus. THIS IS 2023, NOT 2013!!!

The entire car is horrible and is quite honestly one of the ugliest looking sedans of all time, and I'm a big sedan guy. This though, is a disaster. It's bad enough that it has a V6, less rear legroom than the ES, and an overly sporty suspension design. The looks are arguably the worst element of this entire flop.
I think this is a little dramatic lol
Old 06-22-23, 04:15 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
Yep, the Lexus LS will be toast in another year or two.

Sad. Not bc the 500 sucks, but just bc they were such amazing automobiles and pieces of engineering in the past.

LS once had legit chops.
Hell yes it did. The 400 and 430 were seriously among the best sedans in the world. You couldn't kill them, they were the smoothest, most comfortable cars and they were so reliable it wasn't funny. Understated too. The 500 looks like it's desperate for attention, but then again so does that spindle grille. The LS won't survive into the 2030's.

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I think this is a little dramatic lol
Perhaps, but you even said it yourself you would have stuck with Lexus if they had some of the traits of Mercedes. A leader on tech, driving features, the TTV8, more rear room, etc. They chased away lifelong customers, including yourself.