Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura TLX Type S PMC Edition will start at Nearly $64,000 with no added performance.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-22, 01:51 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,225 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
No I haven't driven one with sport differential TVD but I had owned one gen before it and had Evo X with me for a year when it got out. Difference in rwd bias is night and day. I see that the cheapest sport differential Audi you can buy is S4 Premium Plus with S sport package which puts it $6,500 more than TLX Type-S. That's for a car with no navigation so that renders it pretty much useless as an option.
You have a phone don't you?
Old 12-13-22, 02:31 AM
gor134
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus it comes with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay... The base Audi GMaps based navigation is solid, but I'd still much rather use AA/Carplay's maps.
Old 12-13-22, 09:43 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
You have a phone don't you?
Honestly I don't use neither Android Auto nor CarPlay but that's just me. Anyway I am not familiar with state of the art quattro and I have no doubts that it's better than SH-AWD, after all SH-AWD has been on the market for close to twenty years. I have no clue how they tweaked it over the years. I also had a chance to drive RLX Sport Hybrid and it was really good! Surprisingly good even though it was a barge on wheels instead of a dynamic cornering sedan. Such a shame Honda Japan has dropped the concept alltogether, I think they just used it for know how to implement it in NSX.
Old 12-13-22, 10:06 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,225 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Honestly I don't use neither Android Auto nor CarPlay but that's just me. Anyway I am not familiar with state of the art quattro and I have no doubts that it's better than SH-AWD, after all SH-AWD has been on the market for close to twenty years. I have no clue how they tweaked it over the years. I also had a chance to drive RLX Sport Hybrid and it was really good! Surprisingly good even though it was a barge on wheels instead of a dynamic cornering sedan. Such a shame Honda Japan has dropped the concept alltogether, I think they just used it for know how to implement it in NSX.
Ah, that would be a strong case for factory NAV then. I don't know why all the Japanese brands tend to not uniformly apply their coolest tech, big missed opportunities from where I'm seeing it.
Old 12-15-22, 09:34 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
Ah, that would be a strong case for factory NAV then. I don't know why all the Japanese brands tend to not uniformly apply their coolest tech, big missed opportunities from where I'm seeing it.
Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is a must in the BMW system... that nav is not good! But the factory nav in the Lexus is actually rather nice. It does a good job navigating shopping centers (unlike our 330i) and actually has nifty previews of road signs and intersections that almost always match exactly with the real thing. But, I always find myself in Android Auto and Google Maps anyway because entering destinations is much easier in Google Maps.
Old 12-15-22, 09:59 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is a must in the BMW system... that nav is not good! But the factory nav in the Lexus is actually rather nice. It does a good job navigating shopping centers (unlike our 330i) and actually has nifty previews of road signs and intersections that almost always match exactly with the real thing. But, I always find myself in Android Auto and Google Maps anyway because entering destinations is much easier in Google Maps.
From what I understand. Toyota/Lexus uses Tom Tom and so does Apple Maps.

Originally Posted by arentz07
) and actually has nifty previews of road signs and intersections that almost always match exactly with the real thing..
I really like how my Toyota shows the road signs and highway splits and directions. I wish Apple Maps did that

I always find myself in Android Auto and Google Maps anyway because entering destinations is much easier in Google Maps.
Short trips I use Apple Maps. Long trips is always the factory nav.