Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A8l w12 ceja 6.3

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-23, 03:27 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 235 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
2 collision claims in a year is going to kill your premium, and they might drop you. How bad is the damage from bumping into the water heater? I would just pay that out of pocket.

You really should avoid filing insurance claims if you can help it. You have whats called a CLUE report, that shows all the insurance claims you have ever filed...anywhere, so even filing against different policies with different carriers they will see that. When pricing your insurance companies absolutely look at that report and decline coverage or raise prices.
Oh I'm gonna wait to file it. For a while. A few teeny blemishes on the front bumper aren't keeping me up at night.

It's the SL that I'm treating like a bar of solid gold now lol.
Old 02-08-23, 03:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
Oh I'm gonna wait to file it. For a while. A few teeny blemishes on the front bumper aren't keeping me up at night.

It's the SL that I'm treating like a bar of solid gold now lol.
I would wait for years lol.
Old 02-08-23, 03:35 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I would go to court Out of principle
Old 02-08-23, 03:40 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

The reason is because in 2 years of paying premiums, you are losing money going to a $500 deductible from $1,000. $20/moX 24= $480. How long have you gone between collision claims? I have been driving for 25 years and I have never had a collision claim, nor has my wife. So, $20 a month for 25 years = $6,000 spent on premiums to maybe not have to fork over an additional $500 when and if I have a claim?

I keep my comprehensive deductible low, its only $50 but that adds maybe 20 a year to my premium, and that I am more likely to use because its not at fault, for windshields or parking lot hits etc, but my collision deductible is $1,000 because financially going lower doesn't make sense.
I do exactly the same.
Old 02-08-23, 04:31 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I would wait for years lol.
Oh I even forgot one. My LS430 audio system (no nav) either needs a fuse (likely, hopefully) or it got fried from a recent jump, I haven’t technically filed the claim yet but my agent knows about it and is ready when I am. My guy at the dealer is gonna check the fuse first though.

So there’s another claim lol. They won’t drop me. This is life. If my rates go up a little oh well.
Old 02-08-23, 04:48 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
Oh I even forgot one. My LS430 audio system (no nav) either needs a fuse (likely, hopefully) or it got fried from a recent jump, I haven’t technically filed the claim yet but my agent knows about it and is ready when I am. My guy at the dealer is gonna check the fuse first though.

So there’s another claim lol. They won’t drop me. This is life. If my rates go up a little oh well.
They absolutely will drop you, I've seen it many times. Insurance company is not your friend...its not within your agent's control. Insurance is all about risk, and if you file a bunch of claims you're a risk they don't want.

I was just skiing with a friend and we were talking about this. 15 years with no claims, his wife totaled one of their cars...and their insurance carrier dropped them.
Old 02-08-23, 05:23 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

They absolutely will drop you, I've seen it many times. Insurance company is not your friend...its not within your agent's control. Insurance is all about risk, and if you file a bunch of claims you're a risk they don't want.

I was just skiing with a friend and we were talking about this. 15 years with no claims, his wife totaled one of their cars...and their insurance carrier dropped them.
I've been in one major accident, me and my dad were stopped on a three lane boulevard 4 cars back from the light and got rear ended by a VW CC going at least 55 mph. It lifted my dads 2015 RCSB Ram1500 blackout edition (yes, I'm still salty it's dead) up into the air and into the back of a 2014 Camry in front of us and crushed it to the rear glass.

Our truck was hit hard enough to bend the right side axle half forward far enough the coil spring ejected and the wheel crushed into the bed so far it almost made it half way to the cab. I got out and secured the coil spring before it could become a road hazard as we drove into the middle turn lane area to get out of the way of traffic. The other two cars couldn't move under their own power.....we weren't hurt at all, once the police had their pictures/statements etc I drove the truck to the nearest parking lot to the amazement of all present since it shouldn't have been able to move from a hit like that. They wanted us to leave it where it sat but we had to pull our rifles and other stuff out so we figured (and the police agreed) it would be better to move it.

I actually hurt myself more beating the tonneau cover closed after opening it to store the bits of the car in there. The guy who hit us was on drugs and ran off, no insurance, we had camera footage and over 10 witnesses and my dad was with the same company for over 20 years no claims. They dropped him.

Moral of the story is most morons do not have insurance and the company is not on your side. Ever.
Old 02-08-23, 05:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, and that wasn't even a collision claim, it was a no fault uninsured motorist claim...
Old 02-08-23, 06:11 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Yep, and that wasn't even a collision claim, it was a no fault uninsured motorist claim...
Oh there was fault. All his but that didn't stop them dropping us
Old 02-08-23, 06:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
Oh there was fault. All his but that didn't stop them dropping us
I mean it wasn’t your fault
Old 02-08-23, 07:37 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I never said insurance companies are my friend, lol. The only entity I hate more than insurance are banks.

They’re not going to drop me, but if they do I’ll let everyone know.

A few harmless and cheap claims no damage to anything else other than my stuff aren’t really a big deal. Now if I’ve had several at fault accidents costing lots of money and injuries and damage to other parties then I would be much more concerned. It’s not my fault a storm blew something off my house, that’s weather.

LX claim they only paid out about 3-4 grand. If my audio system is fried in LS they’ll pay out a grand at the most to get that fixed, but I’m pretty sure just a fuse got fried which is a $1 fix.
Old 02-08-23, 08:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I deal with insurance companies as part of my job, if you have two collision claims in one year, there is a high likelihood they will drop you. Its not about dollars paid out, It’s all about risk, and they look at that as a indicator of future risk, which is why they drop people. The same is true of homeowners claims. You have a water claim, or worse TWO water claims, you’re done. Don’t turn a water claim in unless you really have to. I have seen houses where a carrier has paid out a water claim 10 years ago and no insurance company will write it, and the customer winds up having to pay $3K a year for a speciality carrier.

I would not turn that second collision claim in within the same year, certainly not for something so minor. Personally, it’s it’s less than $4-5,000 I will pay it out of pocket.
Old 02-09-23, 08:09 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I deal with insurance companies as part of my job, if you have two collision claims in one year, there is a high likelihood they will drop you. Its not about dollars paid out, It’s all about risk, and they look at that as a indicator of future risk, which is why they drop people. The same is true of homeowners claims. You have a water claim, or worse TWO water claims, you’re done. Don’t turn a water claim in unless you really have to. I have seen houses where a carrier has paid out a water claim 10 years ago and no insurance company will write it, and the customer winds up having to pay $3K a year for a speciality carrier.

I would not turn that second collision claim in within the same year, certainly not for something so minor. Personally, it’s it’s less than $4-5,000 I will pay it out of pocket.
I understand what you're saying, but again, it's not like I have a bunch of reckless driving tickets and accident claims where I totaled the other party's car and put the other driver in the hospital for a month. These are all very petty and small claims in the grand scheme of things. If they do drop me I'll let everyone know.

Water claim you mean like leaving a bathtub on and it coming through the ceiling?

We just think differently, there is no way I'm paying 5 grand out of one of our bank accounts when I pay insurance for that very reason. $500 deductible, big deal.

Y'all will be the first to know if they drop me.
Old 02-09-23, 10:01 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

I need input on shifters, I am extremely torn since on one hand the piano black option matches the center insert and as much as I hate it makes sense being there.

However the wood option is wood and I love how wood looks, my only hesitation is that it looks somewhat out of place.

Option 3 is just keep the leather one since the shifter also acts as the armrest.....

Thoughts?
Old 02-09-23, 10:18 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Piano look contemporary. The wood looks out of date.

‘’what does the leather look like?

Quick Reply: A8l w12 ceja 6.3