Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A8l w12 ceja 6.3

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-23, 10:53 AM
TriC
Racer

Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts

The wood does not look out of place at all. In fact, the contrast with the console black makes it look even better.
Old 02-09-23, 11:01 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Piano look contemporary. The wood looks out of date.

‘’what does the leather look like?
Wood isn't out of date, it's just out of most peoples price range. Modern stuff is cheaper when you factor for inflation and lowered buying power. They have to do more with less and the first thing to go is material quality....

The leather is excellent and is a custom process developed solely for the D4 to ensure the air adjusted setting and massage never wore out the seats. It doesn't get loose or worn at even 200k from what I have seen on high mile D4s
Old 02-09-23, 12:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
I understand what you're saying, but again, it's not like I have a bunch of reckless driving tickets and accident claims where I totaled the other party's car and put the other driver in the hospital for a month. These are all very petty and small claims in the grand scheme of things. If they do drop me I'll let everyone know.

Water claim you mean like leaving a bathtub on and it coming through the ceiling?

We just think differently, there is no way I'm paying 5 grand out of one of our bank accounts when I pay insurance for that very reason. $500 deductible, big deal.

Y'all will be the first to know if they drop me.
Okay lol. Best of luck.

Water claims, leaks, water in a basement from rain, burst pipes, etc.

https://www.kalfusnachman.com/blog/2...ar-insurance-/

Two at-fault claims caused by the same person within three years can be grounds for non-renewal by many of the top-tier insurance carriers.

How Many Car Insurance Claims are Too Many?

Car insurance companies do not like it when you file a claim, even if it is clear that you were not at-fault for your accident. Although there is no limit to how many car insurance claims you can file per year, you will find that most car insurance companies will notify you that your policy could be dropped soon if you file two claims within two years. Once you file a third claim, there is a chance that the insurer will drop you.

As unexpected as it might be, car insurance companies can drop you as they see fit. Typically, an insurer will send a dropped policyholder notification that their policy will be terminated early at the end of the next month. Any fees paid to the insurance company ahead of time will be refunded to the policyholder.
https://www.progressive.com/answers/...ltiple-claims/

f you file several claims during a short time, an insurer can increase your rate or may choose not to renew your car insurance policy when you reach the end of your term. Apart from discriminatory factors like race, gender, or disability, insurance companies can legally decide not to renew your policy for any reason they see fit .Filing multiple insurance claims cause the insurance company not to renew the policy. Even if you switch to a new auto insurer, your rate will likely increase because your new insurer may view you as a higher risk for an accident.
https://www.thebalancemoney.com/what...-claims-527107

The good news is that your carrier won't just cancel your policy outright if you file multiple claims. The bad news is that more than one claim may cause your insurer to raise your rates or decide not to renew your policy at the end of your term.
[quote]There are many other reasons why your carrier might not renew your policy, and indeed, filing too many claims is one of those reasons. In fact, in most cases, you can be dropped for any reason except for your age, race, gender, marital status, occupation, or physical handicap, all of which are considered discriminatory reasons and are protected by law.[quote]

• Too many claims: Your carrier may decide to drop you simply because you file too many claims, no matter how severe the claims are, or who is at fault. The simple truth is that insurers are in it to make money. If they have to pay out more to you than they are bringing in from your premiums, they much prefer to drop you from their rolls.

Many insurers will choose not to renew a policy if there are three or more claims are filed within a span of three years.6 And, of course, the fewer the claims, the better.

Originally Posted by Striker223

I need input on shifters, I am extremely torn since on one hand the piano black option matches the center insert and as much as I hate it makes sense being there.

However the wood option is wood and I love how wood looks, my only hesitation is that it looks somewhat out of place.

Option 3 is just keep the leather one since the shifter also acts as the armrest.....

Thoughts?
I like the wood, for sure.

Last edited by SW17LS; 02-09-23 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-09-23, 02:57 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 235 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Okay lol. Best of luck.
Post all you want (thanks, I can google too), my insurance isn't gonna drop me. You're gonna end up wrong. If it does I'll let everyone know so you can get your satisfaction. I have no problems on here admitting when I'm wrong.

Again, there's a big difference in Safeco paying out a body shop a couple of grand because my dumb azz backed into a dock pole, as opposed to my hitting a car of 4 totaling both cars after driving recklessly and putting all 5 of us in the hospital including me.

Yeah I might be a risk, but an airhead risk for petty, stupid "driveway" claims. Again, life happens. And sometimes lots of BS at once.
Old 02-09-23, 03:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I'm just trying to help you out, I'm not looking for "satisfaction" I don't care if your insurance drops you or not. I've just seen it happen over and over and the stuff you're saying about dollar value of claims I absolutely know to be untrue. Why does it always have to be about proving someone wrong? We all know more about certain things than others...why can't we ever just benefit from knowledge and experience that some of us have?

Last edited by SW17LS; 02-09-23 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-09-23, 03:03 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I'm just trying to help you out, I don't care if your insurance drops you or not. You are so painfully stubborn...
And you painfully think you're right all the time. Nobody is.
Old 02-09-23, 03:06 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

And you painfully think you're right all the time. Nobody is.
I know I'm right about this because it involves what I do for a living, dealing with insurance companies. I'm not right about everything, but what I do know I know well.
Old 02-09-23, 03:10 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I know I'm right about this because it involves what I do for a living, dealing with insurance companies. I'm not right about everything, but what I do know I know well.
Alright. When they drop me I'll let you know and report it on here.

I really think with all due respect to your career you are still leaving out or ignoring my valid point. Huge difference in me being a dumb-azz in my driveway with a claim and causing some accident worth $200k in damages all in, because I was driving 85 mph in a 50 and weaving.
Old 02-09-23, 03:15 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

It's not about proving you or anyone wrong, I'm just saying whatever happens I'll report it. My insurance of 12 years or so ain't gonna drop me over 5 grand paid out in claims.

I hope I don't have to file another one (I'm not saying it's great to have 50 insurance claims, as I've said I understand where you're coming from) and that the audio system is just a fuse but if I do, oh well. That's what insurance is for.

And actually AAA did that, not me... just for the record. I reported that as well.
Old 02-09-23, 03:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I really think with all due respect to your career you are still leaving out or ignoring my valid point. Huge difference in me being a dumb-azz in my driveway with a claim and causing some accident worth $200k in damages all in, because I was driving 85 mph in a 50 and weaving.
This is logical, but its not correct. Insurance companies assess risk not only in dollar amounts paid out, but in what they determine to be the likelihood that you will file more claims in the future. Insurance companies want people who don't file claims, period. I've seen people dropped for sub $1,000 claims. You're showing the insurance company you're going to expect them to pay for everything, and they don't want customers like that. I'm not saying they wouldn't drop the other guy you describe also...they would, but if that claim is in the past and they don't have a history of filing claims often over time, they actually might be more likely to drop you if they think you are likely to keep filing claims. Its all about numbers and risk for them, and trying to anticipate future risk.

Insurance is to protect you from major loss, loss you can't shoulder on your own...its not supposed to be for dealing with every little thing that happens to your property.
Old 02-09-23, 04:35 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

So I'm enjoying the insurance talk but can we perhaps contact a mod and move the related posts to their own section?
Old 02-09-23, 04:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Or just move it into the General Car Chat thread

Where did you find those gearshifters you posted?

Last edited by SW17LS; 02-09-23 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-09-23, 05:01 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Just move on from it lol

Where did you find those gearshifters you posted?
Germany, these were never for sale in our market
Old 02-09-23, 05:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
Germany, these were never for sale in our market
Did you find a vendor here?

we never get the high quality accessories like that.
Old 02-09-23, 05:19 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Did you find a vendor here?

we never get the high quality accessories like that.
No I have someone overseas doing legwork for me lol!

It's kinda crazy how little options we get here relative to what is out there, I'm trying to import a 1997 D2 V8 TDI since it was never offered here and I find it fascinating...

Quick Reply: A8l w12 ceja 6.3