Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A word on EV Threads and EV vs ICE topics

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-22, 09:06 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Default A word on EV Threads and EV vs ICE topics

Members,

We've got a problem and I need your help to resolve the situation.

Electric Vehicle (EV) threads have become increasingly problematic on our forum, and many of those threads end up getting closed because of repetitive arguments and rude comments. Additionally ICE vehicle threads in Car Chat are often pulled off topic with constant interjection of unrelated EV comments and comparisons.

This needs to stop and I ask every single one of you to be considerate of your fellow members and moderators of this forum. Stop with the aggressive running EV/ICE arguments and be open minded and respectful about other members preferences. You can like one flavor or both flavors of vehicles, it's OK. It'll be OK, calm it down.

We are working on creating an EV-specific version of Car Chat so our members who are interested can ask questions and learn from those who already have EVs. Most everyone wants real insights into costs, challenges and benefits. Once that's created members who are repetitive in negative commentary or are consistently antagonistic towards EV topics will be suspended from or permanently lose access to that EV forum. Likewise, those EV evangelists who bomb every ICE thread with EV commentary will lose their access to regular Car Chat.

Additionally, I will remind members that THIS IS A LEXUS/TOYOTA focused community, and we have a lot of members interested in Lexus / Toyota progress on EVs. Certainly there are challenges in their latest direction and execution, but there are members who may lose access due to their repetitive and constant nature of negative commentary on that topic as well. We are all here (most of us anyway) because we are Lexus / Toyota fans and if you can't give them a chance, you might want to consider finding another community to post on. If there is new news, absolutely fine to post your opinion politely and maturely, but some lately seem to find some sense of glee in being constant naysayers. I will remove your access if you troll this community.
Old 12-19-22, 09:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Bump it up for more eyeballs