Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Grand Highlander pics, videos and reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-23, 07:09 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Ah, yes.....the faddish Cement and Bluish-Cement paint-colors.

I suspect that the Grand Highlander will take a chunk out of Sequoia sales....and probably deserve to.
yeah. Sequoia sales will decrease I agree. A terrible overall package IMO
Old 02-08-23, 07:13 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,833 Likes on 2,395 Posts

Could fit a giant battery in that grille alone. This should sell fairly well depending on price.
Old 02-08-23, 07:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Unless you need to tow, I have no idea why you would buy a Sequoia over this.

I also don’t see the purpose of having this and the regular Highlander in the lineup. It would make sense to me if the next generation Highlander were to shrink down some, kind of like it used to be.

Old 02-08-23, 07:17 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS

I also don’t see the purpose of having this and the regular Highlander in the lineup. It would make sense to me if the next generation Highlander were to shrink down some, kind of like it used to be.
I feel like they messed up with Venza. Venza should've slotted in as the midsize 2-row a la Murano/Blazer/Passport/Edge etc. And then let Highlander be this. Instead Venza is slightly smaller inside than the RAV while essentially the same underpinnings.
Old 02-08-23, 07:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Hood prop rod is a little chintzy…
Old 02-08-23, 07:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbm317
I feel like they messed up with Venza. Venza should've slotted in as the midsize 2-row a la Murano/Blazer/Passport/Edge etc. And then let Highlander be this. Instead Venza is slightly smaller inside than the RAV while essentially the same underpinnings.
The guy I was skiing with yesterday has a Venza, it’s surprisingly nice. Interior is very nice, nice materials. Rides great (I rode in it, didn’t drive it), quiet. He has two kids, 10 and 8 and the 4 of them travel in it instead of their Odyssey.

I think they seem to have some confusion about their lineup. I think the Venza and regular Highlander should become one vehicle, then you would have RAV4, Venza, Grand Highlander. Essentially what you said. Having two three rows doesn’t make sense to me…
Old 02-08-23, 07:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Agreed.

Shrinking the two-row Highlander would probably put it too close to the current RAV-4.....and shrinking the RAV-4 in return, would, of course, put it too close to the Corolla Cross. Eventually, there has to be a point where some automakers simply admit they have too many crossovers...which Buick has essentially done in the American market by dropping the Encore, and Ford did by dropping the EcoSport.

And, with the TrailBlazer, Equinox, Blazer, Traverse, Tahoe, Suburban and leftover-samples of the Trax, Chevy may also be in that same situation.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-08-23 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-08-23, 07:39 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Purpose is to maximize their sales? Why would you want less options as a customer?
Old 02-08-23, 07:41 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This is going to sell like crazy - well done Toyota!
Old 02-08-23, 07:41 PM
sorptd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow looks fabulous
Old 02-08-23, 07:44 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

This looks great! I’d love one!
Old 02-08-23, 07:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

The guy I was skiing with yesterday has a Venza, it’s surprisingly nice. Interior is very nice, nice materials. Rides great (I rode in it, didn’t drive it), quiet. He has two kids, 10 and 8 and the 4 of them travel in it instead of their Odyssey.

Agreed, If you remember when I did my 2Gen Venza MM-Review, I was also quite impressed with it, and said then that it could easily have been marketed as a Lexus....better than some of what Lexus itself was marketing at the time. In fact, Lexus (wisely, this time) used the new Venza as the platform for their own badly-needed NX-improvements.
Old 02-08-23, 07:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

I think they seem to have some confusion about their lineup. I think the Venza and regular Highlander should become one vehicle, then you would have RAV4, Venza, Grand Highlander. Essentially what you said. Having two three rows doesn’t make sense to me…
‘The Venza is a nice crossover. Really nice size. Toyota has it right by offering the 2 row version as not everyone wants or needs a 3 row
Old 02-08-23, 07:55 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

It's about what I expected, including the powertrain from the RX500h. The interior doesn't appear to be significantly different from the current Highlander and the exterior strangely has more design cues from the RAV4 on the front fascia than the Highlander.

It will all come down to price. I would have a very hard time justifying this at $65K if that's what the top trims end up being. The CX-90's third row is a joke compared to this, but it has much more premium bones worthy of that $60K pricetag. I guess the real loser here is the Acura MDX lol.
Old 02-08-23, 08:03 PM
Motorola
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Looks great.

Toyota is so far ahead of Hyundai with this

this will be a very popular SUV for Toyota
If this ends up being $65-70K like some are predicting, it won't be a Palisade/Telluride competitor, it'll be going up against the new Hyundai/Kia three-row EV's.

Quick Reply: Grand Highlander pics, videos and reviews