Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The dumb drivers thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-23, 01:37 PM
geko29
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 311 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
I absolutely hate when people use wheel spacers or rims with large negative offsets. It looks so ugly to begin with, in addition with being ridiculously unsafe.

People who find this appealing were not beaten enough as youth.
You found the trifecta as an example: large wheel spacers, large negative offsets AND stretch/poke. Pretty much all of the wrong things you can do to a wheel/tire.
Old 03-28-23, 01:45 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
I always park my car out where nobody else parks. I always park at an island with the curb on the right hand side. I remember one time, I went to Lowes and I parked in a sub-lot, but not any sub-lot. This was a sub-lot of the sub lot!!. I was the only car there. When I came out, my car had been hit. WTF! Luckily, it looked like a big truck tire had rubbed up against my wheel, no body damage. I was able to polish most of it out.
Yep. I do this and my IS was the victim of a hit an run in a parking structure at work years ago. I do not park over lines or as if my car is special because it is really only that to me. Now, I have a Civic and it's modded. I park it like a normal person as always, just in a parking spot and it happens frequently that some POS parks next to me over the line to let me know they car park there, I guess. I just think, dude, if you are hating on someone with a Civic, your circumstances in your life come as no surprise.
Old 03-28-23, 01:48 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,060 Likes on 2,572 Posts

Required equipment
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-28-23, 01:56 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 248 Likes on 189 Posts

first saw that clip several days ago, when it started to play i had NO idea it would go that direction! it looks like a michael bay movie!

i legitimately don't see the reason for the stupid lifted spacer'd out look, is it purely just to be controversial and upset 'the libs' or do people genuinely think it looks good?
Old 05-19-23, 02:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Got a good one for you. I always find people's desire to line up and do what people around them do fascinating. Car wash...2 lanes...

Watching everybody scramble to try and move over into the empty lane after I blew by them all. So funny.
Old 05-19-23, 02:17 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

That’s the privilege of having a three pointed star on the hood. Open lanes for you

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-19-23 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-19-23, 03:23 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Got a good one for you. I always find people's desire to line up and do what people around them do fascinating. Car wash...2 lanes...

https://youtu.be/jBGPuhvs_Xw

Watching everybody scramble to try and move over into the empty lane after I blew by them all. So funny.
Not surprised at all. People are so programmed and regimented; inhibits independent thinking.
Old 05-19-23, 08:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
Not surprised at all. People are so programmed and regimented; inhibits independent thinking.
I always find it funny when we are in Disney, you go by people in the totally empty line next to them and order before them and they look at you like you’re the ******* lol. In the food lines they have one person who serves two lines, and they go back and forth right to left. People always line up to one side and you walk up on the other side and they take your order right away lol
Old 05-19-23, 08:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

https://youtu.be/jBGPuhvs_Xw

Hard to tell, but, it looked to me, in that video, like that person in the black Lexus GX in front of you was stopped, trying to figure out what or if he (or she) should deactivate or program before going through the wash. The Owners' Manuals of some vehicles require you to turn some features off while in a wash.
Old 05-19-23, 09:03 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Hard to tell, but, it looked to me, in that video, like that person in the black Lexus GX in front of you was stopped, trying to figure out what or if he (or she) should deactivate or program before going through the wash. The Owners' Manuals of some vehicles require you to turn some features off while in a wash.
No, he was just a moron lol.
Old 05-21-23, 11:58 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 235 Likes on 197 Posts

No, he was just a moron lol.
Snooze you lose in situations like that.

I stroll into the lane at my car wash and the gate opens almost immediately, there will be an empty lane like in your situation, cars in the other.

I effectively cut in front of people but hey, buy a pass like I have and it's instantaneous that gate will open.
Old 05-21-23, 12:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
Snooze you lose in situations like that.

I stroll into the lane at my car wash and the gate opens almost immediately, there will be an empty lane like in your situation, cars in the other.

I effectively cut in front of people but hey, buy a pass like I have and it's instantaneous that gate will open.
I have no issue cutting in front of people when they are not actually in the line properly!
Old 05-21-23, 02:39 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 235 Likes on 197 Posts

I have no issue cutting in front of people when they are not actually in the line properly!
Same thing as tolls, I have no EZ Pass as there are no tolls in the state of Tennessee.

Y'all would swing right through while I'm stopped in another lane/line paying for the toll.
Old 05-22-23, 11:41 AM
Dorsai
Intermediate

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
It's like when you see houses that have giant boulders at the edge of their front yards around a curve in the road, clearly sick of tire marks across their lawns....
When I was a kid living in Florida in the mid 1970s, our house was on a corner lot in a residential neighborhood. The corner was just a bend in the street (you can see it here if you care to) so there was no need to stop - apparently one neighborhood resident liked to drive his low-slung Lincoln a little too fast around that corner, and would cut through our yard. The guy wouldn't stop doing it even after being asked a couple of times, so we (I remember helping with this) made what my dad called 'elephant turds'...which were concrete humps made by using one of mom's deep mixing bowls as a form, with a piece of rebar sticking out to stake it into the ground. We made a half-dozen of those things and then lined our yard with them inside that corner. As my dad tells it, the sound of the oil pan ripping off that Lincoln was the sweetest thing he'd ever heard. And it never happened again.
Old 05-22-23, 12:28 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd say this is pretty bad driving, even if you're under the influence.

Quick Reply: The dumb drivers thread