Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The dumb drivers thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-23, 07:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
This is a good one lol. Woman crashes her car into a house in front of witnesses and walks off, gets stopped by the cops and won’t admit she did that even though her car is crammed into the side of their house with her purse and all her stuff in it

I actually laughed out loud when she cried in the backseat of the police car lol. 4th DWI, unbelievable.

https://youtu.be/1DRD08S9VqI?si=l5SDPV_hqtbCi9MF
i didn't find it funny, just sad. but horrible that she hasn't learned her lessons from prior OWI/DWI. when she says she's screwed and didn't do anything wrong, that's just pathetic (not taking responsibility).

one thing i've learned though as far as a situation like hers, is she should have not said anything to the police.

Old 09-04-23, 07:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

The fact that she thought she could weasel her way out of it is what’s funny lol.

I have zero sympathy for people like her. She’s lucky she didn’t kill anybody. Or that she hasn’t….yet
Old 09-04-23, 07:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

here's the flip side... a police officer doing something unbelievably dumb and denying responsibility.

Old 09-04-23, 07:27 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

A completely different kind of stupidity.

You don’t think much of police officers do you?
Old 09-04-23, 07:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

A completely different kind of stupidity.
maybe so but it fits the thread subject!

You don’t think much of police officers do you?
that is absolutely not true. they risk their lives every day to keep law abiding people safe and attempt to get law breakers off the street. these days however the legal system seem to be working against that a lot which must be unbelievably frustrating for police knowing it's just a revolving door for a lot of criminals.

having said that, not all police offices are good, or smart, plus they just plain make mistakes.

as for my comment about not saying stuff to police, it's because they are are of course TRAINED to get info out of people they suspect of having done something, often by seeming to befriend them, saying they want to get your side of the story, etc. even if you believe you've done nothing wrong, your best bet is saying nothing and getting a lawyer. they know the system and can work on your defense. but hey, if you think all police officers are on your side, none want to make arrests no matter what, and they always do the right thing, squawk away... lol
Old 09-04-23, 08:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i didn't find it funny, just sad. but horrible that she hasn't learned her lessons from prior OWI/DWI. when she says she's screwed and didn't do anything wrong, that's just pathetic (not taking responsibility).
Nothing unusual there. That's typical of this type of repeat offender....just like people who can't put their cell phone down when driving, no matter what, although most of them never get caught.

one thing i've learned though as far as a situation like hers, is she should have not said anything to the police.
Probably wouldn't have made much difference whether she said anything or not. The cops had more than enough evidence from witnesses and tracing the wrecked car to nail her on the spot. They didn't even need a confession.
Old 09-04-23, 08:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Actually this is the dumb drivers thread. I guess you could make an argument that they drove the police car onto the train tracks lol.

But I agree with Mmarshall, nothing she said or did made any difference. She belongs in jail and hopefully that’s where she was headed (although sadly I doubt it)
Old 09-05-23, 07:10 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 235 Likes on 197 Posts

But I agree with Mmarshall, nothing she said or did made any difference. She belongs in jail and hopefully that’s where she was headed (although sadly I doubt it)
IDK what state that is but 4th DUI is a felony here, the big house. You either lose your license for 10 years or life, I can't remember.

And yeah about the police, don't get me wrong I am 1000000% pro police but sometimes some abuse that and take advantage of people who don't know their rights.
Old 09-05-23, 07:48 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
IDK what state that is but 4th DUI is a felony here, the big house. You either lose your license for 10 years or life, I can't remember.

And yeah about the police, don't get me wrong I am 1000000% pro police but sometimes some abuse that and take advantage of people who don't know their rights.
I believe the video is from Wisconsin. I noticed Eau Claire on one of the cops sleeves.
Old 09-05-23, 10:54 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

While there are some Constitutional protections such as the 4th-Amendment search-issues, (and courts have ruled on them as applicable), in all 50 states and D.C., driving on a public road is legally a priviledge, not a right. When you sign your name on a Driver's License, you are agreeing to obey all local, State, and Federal laws that are applicable. That includes laws on DUI/DWI.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-05-23 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-05-23, 11:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
While there are some Constitutional protections such as the 4th-Amendment search-issues, (and courts have ruled on them as applicable), in all 50 states and D.C., driving on a public road is legally a priviledge, not a right. When you sign your name on a Driver's License, you are agreeing to obey all local, State, and Federal laws that are applicable. That includes laws on DUI/DWI.
But you have the right to remain silent, to not incriminate oneself, to not answer any questions, to refuse a sobriety test...and you should avail yourself of all those rights.

Last edited by SW17LS; 09-05-23 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-05-23, 12:39 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You have the right to say nothing to the police nor any law enforcement, etc. no matter what, 5th Amendment. I also would not let police search my car, they can call all the drug dogs out all they want.

My post I mean this in more of a general sense, however. A police officer has no standing to do anything and/or say more other than nod or say hello to you if you're not breaking any laws or showing some probable cause that you might be.

But DO NOT GET ME WRONG I AM 100000% PRO POLICE!

But citizens do need to be aware of what police can and can't do, because a lot of the things they can't do, the bad apples do anyway, unfortunately.
Old 09-05-23, 01:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

If you watch that video you can see where bit is coming from, they are definitely trying to get her to talk to them when in reality she doesn't have to, and nobody is telling her she doesn't have to and she's too drunk to have her senses about her to know she doesn't have to. They're just doing their jobs and like I said I have zero sympathy for her...but there is a conflict between how they can most efficiently do their jobs and making sure that she is aware of her rights.
Old 09-05-23, 01:18 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

I haven't watched the video yet lol.
Old 09-05-23, 01:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I haven't watched the video yet lol.
It's classic alcoholism, denial, and not being able to face up to one's actions.

Quick Reply: The dumb drivers thread