Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicagoland Lexus dealers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-05, 01:05 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on your purchase.....sorry i should have posted earlier but my contact is on vacation, and they work at McGrath of Westmont. so i'm sure you got a great deal either way. now go out and enjoy that baby!!
Old 01-02-06, 10:34 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tazimi
Hi All,

Lexus shopping right now and was wondering if anyone have comments or sugestions about the Chicagoland Lexus dealerships (Bredemann, McGrath, Orland, Woodfield). Any of these stand out with their service or location that you could comment on? Or are they all generally the same and I should just pick whichever is closet? Just wondering.

Thanks
Dont do MCGRATH they are a bunch of snob-*** wannabes and 95 percent of their sales staff dont even own a LEXUS they probably drive CHRYSLER 300Ms But as far as my choice I would say Orland nice place all around
Old 01-02-06, 11:36 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
Dont do MCGRATH they are a bunch of snob-*** wannabes and 95 percent of their sales staff dont even own a LEXUS they probably drive CHRYSLER 300Ms But as far as my choice I would say Orland nice place all around
So you had a bad experience with the dealership but what you said is useless for us. Simply bashing a dealership is useless for us. Please explain what happened.

Chris
Old 01-02-06, 01:24 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tazimi
I guess I just want the lowest possible price...I think the fact that several of them are willing to meet or beat the quotes that I have received means that there is still room for bargaining. I live in Chicago on the NW side some nights and NE side other nights so any of these dealerships work. If all the deals are about the same, proximity will be the deciding factor, but if a dealership really wants to get my business and gives me a great price, then most definitely go with that. The neat thing about this is that the internet has made this much more competitive and I am doing this from the luxury of my own home, instead of trudging thru all the traffic and dealing w/the Sales manager and the finance guy and the other things that go on during negotiations...

I agree the perks are nice because here was a list of what McGrath sent me:

* Preferred Rates at Luxury Hotels & Valuable Discounts at Chicago's Finest Restaurants, Spas, and Golf Courses
* Complimentary Lifetime Car Washes!
* Complimentary Shoe Shines Exclusive for our Clients every Friday (bring your scuffed shoes
* Complimentary Neck and Shoulder Massages every Monday from 9 AM till 2 PM (let us relieve your tensions)
* Three to Five times more Loaner Cars (currently over 70) - for more availability when you need one.
* Complimentary Vehicle Pick-up and Delivery Service
* Complimentary Saturday lunch-time barbecue throughout the summer (please stop by to say hello).
* Largest Parts Department in the Midwest - No more waiting for out-of-stock parts to arrive.

Not like I would use the perks much, I guess because I am still young and not used to living the life of luxury

I just can't wait for me to get the car...it'll be like Xmas all over again...except I'm buying my own gift
not to mention the finiest techs work there.
sniff sniff
Old 01-02-06, 01:25 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
lol but not true
Old 01-04-06, 10:44 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on the purchase!

Actually, we've had the worst experiences with both Orland sales and service. The sales are just downright rude and unprofessional.... kinda pushy too. And its not just my family either.... for example, my friend went with his friend, pulled up in a 911 Turbo... the salesmen were just standing around talking to each other, and not once did anyone in the dealership ever ask if they need help.

On the other hand, i've had nothing but great experiences with both McGrath locations. I've only had one encounter with their sales staff, but it was typical lexus. Both of the service departments have really went out of their way for us in the past... and we didn't even buy the vehicle from them NOR do we hardly even bring the vehicles to them for service. My dad has had a few colleagues buy from McGrath Westmont, and they all highly praise the experience. One of them actually went as far to say that the main reason they are replacing their Lexus with another Lexus is because of how impressed they were with the McGrath. Just my opinion and observations...
Old 01-05-06, 02:38 PM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
I like Woodfield. I'm pretty happy with the service. Can't say anything bad about it which is a good thing.

What car are you looking for?

Chris

I can...

I even bought a new car from there and they still treat me like crap.

McGrath in Chicago or the one on Ogden Ave. are both BETTER.
Old 01-06-06, 12:29 PM
cip
Pole Position

I bought 3 cars from Bredemann. '92 SC400 (in '94), '96 ES300 (in '98), and my mom bought from their Park Ridge Buick dealership in '99. Since I spent almost every Saturday there (free breakfast & car wash) when I bought my '92 I got to know Marty Bredemann (owner). They are always very professional. I would say they are the #1 in our area. Unfortunately I don't live near them any more (in Naperville area now).

I was in the market for another SC400 so I tried Naperville Lexus.... I'm not sure how they can still make it as a Lexus dealership (and win those "Elite of Lexus" awards)..If you don't walk in there with $65K ready for the LS430..they treat you like any other delaership..basically very salesman-like. I have heard of at least 2 others that had very negative experiences @ Naperville. I think it might have to do with the fact it's part of the Dan Wolf dealer network. Have heard bad stuff about them for years at their other dealerships (Pontiac/GMC in Countryside).

So I contacted McGrath in Westmont and though the salesman I spoke to did not have any SC's he did talk to the Chicago dealership to have them keep an eye out for me. Within 2 weeks I got a call from McGrath -Chicago & ended up with my 'new' '96 SC400 (92K mi, for $12K) And just stopped by Westmont yesterday to get my free carwash. Very professional @ both dealerships.

Just my $.02