Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicagoland Lexus dealers

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-05 | 12:01 AM
Tazimi
Driver School Candidate

Default Chicagoland Lexus dealers

Hi All,

Lexus shopping right now and was wondering if anyone have comments or sugestions about the Chicagoland Lexus dealerships (Bredemann, McGrath, Orland, Woodfield). Any of these stand out with their service or location that you could comment on? Or are they all generally the same and I should just pick whichever is closet? Just wondering.

Thanks
Old 12-25-05 | 12:20 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Tazimi
Hi All,

Lexus shopping right now and was wondering if anyone have comments or sugestions about the Chicagoland Lexus dealerships (Bredemann, McGrath, Orland, Woodfield). Any of these stand out with their service or location that you could comment on? Or are they all generally the same and I should just pick whichever is closet? Just wondering.

Thanks
I like Woodfield. I'm pretty happy with the service. Can't say anything bad about it which is a good thing.

What car are you looking for?

Chris
Old 12-25-05 | 03:05 AM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Elmhurst Toyota sells Lexus vehicles!! Check them out!! Real nice place.
Old 12-25-05 | 06:25 AM
Tazimi
Driver School Candidate

I didn't know about Elmhurst...thanks for the tip...I was looking for the '06 RX 330 w/Premium Plus package, Navi, ML and rear ent. system. I have a bunch of price quotes and just trying to decide which dealership to go through...Actually the one in Woodfield told me that they could beat any of the offers I had. I'm just trying to lock in on the best deal I can find, and just checking to see if any dealership stands out in people's minds. I kind of relate it to a marriage you are about to enter and wanted to see if the mate is a good fit...
Old 12-25-05 | 11:57 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally Posted by 1badceli
Elmhurst Toyota sells Lexus vehicles!! Check them out!! Real nice place.
Elmhurst Toyota sells Lexus? I don't belive you.

Chris
Old 12-25-05 | 12:01 PM
DIrEctQL

I didn't know about Elmhurst...thanks for the tip...I was looking for the '06 RX 330 w/Premium Plus package, Navi, ML and rear ent. system. I have a bunch of price quotes and just trying to decide which dealership to go through...Actually the one in Woodfield told me that they could beat any of the offers I had. I'm just trying to lock in on the best deal I can find, and just checking to see if any dealership stands out in people's minds. I kind of relate it to a marriage you are about to enter and wanted to see if the mate is a good fit...
Heh. To marriage? I guess I understand. I cause more drama at the dealership when I buy the car than I ever had in any of my relationships. I walk out like three times, I get multiple calls back, etc etc. Anyway, Alex (2Lexos) can help you find a good deal. I think he has a connection at one of the dealers. I'll call him and let him know about this thread.

Chris
Old 12-25-05 | 12:31 PM
2Lexos

ok, i'm here, i'll check on that truck for yah. let me call my people and then i'll post my results. what color?
Old 12-25-05 | 04:03 PM
Tazimi
Driver School Candidate

Wow, thanks Alex...I didn't expect responses on Christmas Day...I like this forum already...you guys are working overtime!!! I was looking for Black Onyx w/black interior w/wood trim...I posted on another thread to see what prices people have being paying recently...I have a quote of $42,200 on a MSRP of $48,528. I've been playing internet tag with 4 dealerships and just waiting to see who wants to give me the best deal. I only want to travel out to the dealership to sign the contract and get the deal done with. That's the best thing about internet haggling...no more having to travel out to each dealership and wasting time bickering back and forth...if I get tired of em, I just don't respond...

Let your people know that I am serious about buying before the year end, and I would love to agree on a price where I can just go in and sign the contract and get my keys...I have already test driven one and financing is in place...good rate too. I'm pysched either way, b/c by year end I will have one!

Thanks again guys for the responses...this research and help is invaluable!
Old 12-25-05 | 04:20 PM
DIrEctQL

Wow, thanks Alex...I didn't expect responses on Christmas Day...I like this forum already...you guys are working overtime!!! I was looking for Black Onyx w/black interior w/wood trim...I posted on another thread to see what prices people have being paying recently...I have a quote of $42,200 on a MSRP of $48,528. I've been playing internet tag with 4 dealerships and just waiting to see who wants to give me the best deal. I only want to travel out to the dealership to sign the contract and get the deal done with. That's the best thing about internet haggling...no more having to travel out to each dealership and wasting time bickering back and forth...if I get tired of em, I just don't respond...

Let your people know that I am serious about buying before the year end, and I would love to agree on a price where I can just go in and sign the contract and get my keys...I have already test driven one and financing is in place...good rate too. I'm pysched either way, b/c by year end I will have one!

Thanks again guys for the responses...this research and help is invaluable!
I saw your other thread. Unfortunetly we don't have too many RX owners in Chicago Lexus Club. There was one member, but she disapeared. Most of us own SC, GS, and LS. Alex is the only one that owns a GX.

Chris
Old 12-25-05 | 06:22 PM
1badceli
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
Elmhurst Toyota sells Lexus? I don't belive you.

Chris

Yup!! I have seen some nice pre-owned Lexus's there!!
Old 12-25-05 | 09:14 PM
Tazimi
Driver School Candidate

LOL...I was reading in the other threads that the RX 330 was a predominantly woman's SUV and the only one on the Chicago thread was a woman...oh well I guess I will have to be the first guy to admit that I want one...I'll just have to represent the RX fan base...I've gone through my sports car phase...time to grow up and move on to the SUV phase...
Old 12-25-05 | 11:52 PM
DIrEctQL

LOL...I was reading in the other threads that the RX 330 was a predominantly woman's SUV and the only one on the Chicago thread was a woman...oh well I guess I will have to be the first guy to admit that I want one...I'll just have to represent the RX fan base...I've gone through my sports car phase...time to grow up and move on to the SUV phase...
Hah. Don't worry. You're not the first guy who said they want one. I think first one was Mack. He's not around these forums much anymore.

Chris
Old 12-26-05 | 02:51 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Hi All,

Thanks
You mentioned in the other thread that several dealers were willing to match a price quote you have received. If that's the case than you're quite lucky! Where do you live, why not choose the dealer in closest proximity?

I can strongly vouch for Bredemann Lexus in Glenview. Their service department is very courteous (they treat me with respect even though I am a younger guy) and the perks are outstanding. They have a complimentary car wash service 6 days a week ( free refreshments and coffee along with that) and have a free buffee-style breakfast every Saturday.

Good Luck!

Last edited by XenonES3; 04-08-06 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-26-05 | 03:56 PM
Tazimi
Driver School Candidate

I guess I just want the lowest possible price...I think the fact that several of them are willing to meet or beat the quotes that I have received means that there is still room for bargaining. I live in Chicago on the NW side some nights and NE side other nights so any of these dealerships work. If all the deals are about the same, proximity will be the deciding factor, but if a dealership really wants to get my business and gives me a great price, then most definitely go with that. The neat thing about this is that the internet has made this much more competitive and I am doing this from the luxury of my own home, instead of trudging thru all the traffic and dealing w/the Sales manager and the finance guy and the other things that go on during negotiations...

I agree the perks are nice because here was a list of what McGrath sent me:

* Preferred Rates at Luxury Hotels & Valuable Discounts at Chicago's Finest Restaurants, Spas, and Golf Courses
* Complimentary Lifetime Car Washes!
* Complimentary Shoe Shines Exclusive for our Clients every Friday (bring your scuffed shoes
* Complimentary Neck and Shoulder Massages every Monday from 9 AM till 2 PM (let us relieve your tensions)
* Three to Five times more Loaner Cars (currently over 70) - for more availability when you need one.
* Complimentary Vehicle Pick-up and Delivery Service
* Complimentary Saturday lunch-time barbecue throughout the summer (please stop by to say hello).
* Largest Parts Department in the Midwest - No more waiting for out-of-stock parts to arrive.

Not like I would use the perks much, I guess because I am still young and not used to living the life of luxury

I just can't wait for me to get the car...it'll be like Xmas all over again...except I'm buying my own gift
Old 12-28-05 | 09:41 PM
Tazimi
Driver School Candidate

Woot...finally done deal!!! Just picked it up and ...I'm enjoying the Lexus experience...Props go out to McGrath Lexus in Chicago for making this as painless as possible!!! I'm totally digging this and really disappointed that I'm too tired to go driving! Ahhh...December to Remember....Will post more of the experience later...Thanks anyways Alex for trying to help...I couldn't wait

Quick Reply: Chicagoland Lexus dealers