Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Looking for garage donor, Daizen bushings must be installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06 | 11:05 AM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Default Looking for garage donor, Daizen bushings must be installed

I'm looking for someone who will let me use garage around spring time (March) so i can do my Daizen bushing suspention kit, In exchange i'm willing to do the same for garage and GS owner (Daizen bushing kit)
I do have tools, don't have jack stands, table vice is required
Please reply if intrested.....
- Jake
Old 01-13-06 | 11:44 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Where exactly are you located? Might be easier to find someone in your area. I'd offer you to work at my place, but garage is kind of a pain to deal with. It's only one car wide, but two cars deep.

I did the brakes on our Highlander in there, but it was a bit tight.

I have a bench vise, air tools, plenty of hand tools, jack stands...
Old 01-13-06 | 02:56 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Default Thanks for respond

Originally Posted by MadMax96
Where exactly are you located? Might be easier to find someone in your area. I'd offer you to work at my place, but garage is kind of a pain to deal with. It's only one car wide, but two cars deep.

I did the brakes on our Highlander in there, but it was a bit tight.

I have a bench vise, air tools, plenty of hand tools, jack stands...

So.. It looks like you can make my dream possible
Everything you have- garage and your tools is all i need
Would be great to use your place, i hope you won't change your mind, it's almost 2 months to go, BTW i don't mind driving up to 50-60 miles, unfortunetly i'm able to do it on Saturday only.
I live just by O'hare Airport, let me know and thanks alot - Jake
Old 01-13-06 | 07:20 PM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

I'm alllll the way up in Round Lake. I 'm about 9 miles west of 94 on Rte 120. If you're willing to make the drive it's no prob. I work during the week so Saturday isn't a problem... just give me a heads up closer to the time you want to do it. Send me a PM and I'll give you my reg. email address so you don't need to go through here to contact me.

I'd offer you help, but I've never done that kinda job before. I've done brakes on cars as well as other minor stuff under the hood. I mainly use the garage to do work on my motorcycle when it needs valve adjustments and stuff....

I got a pic of my garage on my blog . I should note that in the pic showing the garage, I am standing in front of a car (Nissan Maxima) that is completely inside.
Old 01-13-06 | 07:33 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LEXSOOS
I'm looking for someone who will let me use garage around spring time (March) so i can do my Daizen bushing suspention kit, In exchange i'm willing to do the same for garage and GS owner (Daizen bushing kit)
I do have tools, don't have jack stands, table vice is required
Please reply if intrested.....
- Jake
sounds like a fun time. im in the down town area. i cant give u much info on here but if u drop me a pm ill tell u more
Old 01-13-06 | 08:01 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MadMax96
I'm alllll the way up in Round Lake. I 'm about 9 miles west of 94 on Rte 120. If you're willing to make the drive it's no prob. I work during the week so Saturday isn't a problem... just give me a heads up closer to the time you want to do it. Send me a PM and I'll give you my reg. email address so you don't need to go through here to contact me.

I'd offer you help, but I've never done that kinda job before. I've done brakes on cars as well as other minor stuff under the hood. I mainly use the garage to do work on my motorcycle when it needs valve adjustments and stuff....

I got a pic of my garage on my blog . I should note that in the pic showing the garage, I am standing in front of a car (Nissan Maxima) that is completely inside.

That's cool, i'll let you know in advance. I appreciate your involvment, man
I'll pm you
Old 02-09-06 | 10:42 PM
BLKGS4
Driver School Candidate

LEXSOOS,
I have a 99GS4 that also have vibration issue while cruising at 65MPH and during breaking.
I replaced new rotor after I purchased the car three years ago and it still have the same sympton.
I am interested in purchasing the Daizen bushing kits as well.
I am in Arlington Heights which is not too far from you.
Got a two car garage, air compressor, impact gun and some Craftman hand tools.
I could donate the garage for your use during Weekend so I can learn how to do the work myself on my car.
If you going to change at MadMax96's place, do you mind I can tag along and learn from you?
thanks,
Ben